• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you rotate your team?

I've never rotate team, but I did it once because I played Paul's pokemon Team from Diamond/Pearl Series in Platinum:

1st Team
Honckrow
Electivire
Magmortar
Weavile
Urasring
Torterra

2nd Team
Honckrow
Gliscor
Magmortar
Weavile
Urasring
Torterra

3rd Team
Hariyama
Magmortar
Nidoking
Urasring
Aggron
Electivire

4th Team
Ninjask
Gastrodon
Aggron
Froslass
Drapion
Electivire

I've did a lot of trading between Diamond, Platinum and SS to obtains these pokemon.

I have also been rotating my team since Gen VI as it is a lot easier for pokemon to level up quickly with the exp. share. I actually kind of juggle pokemon in the sense that I have my favorites and others that I add just to level up and complete the dex.

I only rotated in Emerald where I would switch out a Plusle and Minun duo for two other Pokemon on the team. Usually it was my Lairon and either my Breloom or Swellow.

Aside from that, I've never rotated as I don't like to. I like to keep a set, static team.

So what do you do with your in-game team? Do you rotate between members throughout your game, or is your team mostly static?
mostly static. But in pokemon sword, there are a lot of pokemon i'd love to use (above 12 pokemon). So only in pokemon sword i am going for a rotation team.

No, I pick a team and then stick with it for the most part.There’s been a handful of instances where I’ve swapped out a member for something else, but I wouldn’t call that a rotation since I replaced the old Pokémon.

For the most part, no. I tend to stick with what I have, oftentimes retiring certain Mons like early route ones that act as filler for ones later in the game that I want. However, once in a while, depending on the game and such, I may swap teammates around to experiment with different ideas. However, generally speaking, unless I'm switching a filler or something with a more permanent teammate, then I rarely rotate my team. Especially once the affection mechanic came into play, as it makes swapping them out harder to do.

Not really. I just simply replace some of them later on, either because the new ones could only be found latter or because they were just HM slaves.

I prefer not to. It's kind of a pain in the ass to have to keep going back to the PC in most Pokemon games. And even if I were to play LGPE or Sw/Sh with their portable boxes, I still wouldn't. I like to do some mild roleplaying when I'm playing the games, and like to imagine my trainer having a big bond with her chosen team of six. Any more than that breaks my immersion and makes the bond with the Pokemon feel less. Whatever I put on my team is staying there forever, unless they really really aren't pulling their weight.

The closest I get to rotating is switching an HM slave in and out as necessary, because I really hate using up moveslots on my team that aren't Surf or Fly.

I replace some of the weaker ones with stronger ones, but I dont really keep them in rotation. Like in a kanto playthrough i always get a butterfree but its usually gone around the 4th gym before or after.

Almost always the team I have by Gym 5 is the team I'm taking to the league.

Only in ORAS and I didn't enjoy having to frequently swap team members to keep everyone at similar levels. I prefer to keep a stable group of six; if I'm adding something new afterwards then one of them will be retired.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom