• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you shine your badges?

X8D

Reaction score
If so what purpose. Me just cause it's fun and waste a lil' time

I actually do, maybe once every couple weeks. I'm a bit of a neat freak IRL, and I guess it transfers over to my digital selves, as well... of course most video games don't really allow you to do much cleaning. But the badges in Gen IV games were a nice touch, I thought. :p

In GenIV they were like a keyboard,it was fun

When I'm bored out of my wits, I shine them. I am somewhat upset, however, that in BW, spotless Badges do not play musical melodies when tapped in certain orders, as DPPt had done previously.

Last edited:
I only shine them if I bored. I shine them to the max (it shows 4 sparkling stars)

Out of sight, out of mind - if I open my trainer case and see a dulled-out set of badges, I'll compulsively stop and shine every last one until it starts to sparkle. Otherwise, I can forget about/ignore it.

All the TIME.
In fact, that is the only reason why I get the new Pokemon games, just so I can hear that squeaky clean finish and see the beautiful shine that reflects beams of light from heaven that pierce my soul with satisfactory. Best feeling EVER.

I love shining my badges! The day I found out that you can play music on them was a great day for people everywhere...

When you wait about 6 months before looking at your badges,they do look ugly,so I to shine them.

I only shine Gardenia's badge in Platinum and Erika's badge in HGSS

If I'm viewing my trainer card and I notice they need shining, I shine them. Otherwise, I don't bother with them.

Yeah. I love to shine them. In fact, when I first looked at my badge case in Pt, I almost freaked out 'cause all my badges were dull and such. So now I've become sort of OCD about having them all sparkly clean. If I see a dull badge in any of my games, I get paranoid and have to polish it immediately.

It's a bit weird at times. Especially when I open up my badge case and see a non sparkly badge. I'll talk to myself like,"Oh no! An un sparkly badge! Must fix!" and my brother will look at me like :eek:hdear:.

What the... I didn't even knew you could. Hahah, they look so beautiful now!!! It was quite... fun I suppose. I'm sure I'll do this in the future. Can you do it in gen IV too?

What the... I didn't even knew you could. Hahah, they look so beautiful now!!! It was quite... fun I suppose. I'm sure I'll do this in the future. Can you do it in gen IV too?

Yes, Generation IV also includes this feature.

Like some of you, I also only shine my badges when I go see my trainer card for any reason, otherwise, I'll just forget about it.

I used to be OCD about getting them all up to max shininess, but recently, if I ever do go to my Trainer's Card, I'll only polish them until I can see the full colors of the badges and their respective Gym Leader's portraits.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom