• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you shine your badges?

If I'm incredibly bored and happen to open my trainer case, I do. Otherwise, pbbffft.

Of course! Otherwise all the notes will be off when you try to do covers of Queen songs on your badgelophone.

Maybe not ALL the time, but at least twice I week I clean those suckers up. o3o

I do it whenever I see them. I'd be lying if I said I'm not a bit of a cleanliness/tidiness control freak in real life sometimes and every so often that spills over onto my in-game possessions, too. >___>

I remember in Platinum, I was really proud of my badges I had obtained so I viewed them as something to hold sacred. However, when you have more pressing matters to attend to, shining your badges does fall on the list of priority actions. But I still do it for fun.

Even when I do play Pearl or Platinum, Im too lazy to ever shine the badges. I hate how they get dusty if you dont shine them. Kinda an annoying feature, IMO.

When I remember. It's really satisfying. You see the dull, non-shined ones, and when you're done, they just look so nice! Can you shine them in Gen V? I guess it's safe to assume you can, but I've never really tried...

You can play music on them? WHAT IS I DON'T EVEN... *goes to grab DS immediately*

But yeah, I polish them. It gives me something to do instead of tediously leveling up my Pokemon for the Elite 4 or th next Gym fight. I like shiny things in real life, and would probably do it daily if badges were real. The good thing about pixel badges is that they don't get scratched. If one had a scratch, I think I would cry.

Seriously.

- Kat

Yep, I shine them up, both in Gen IV and V, however D/P/Pt was much more fun when shining them up. That music was so freaking cool. However I still do it for the fun in White.

I do it all the time. I really don't know why; only in Pearl did it provide any sort of reward (the badges would emit higher tones when struck after being polished), but I do it anyway in Black.

I shine mine occasionally; about twice a month. Generally, I don't go out of my way to do so, and will only do it when I happen to look at the trainer card.

I love it! I do it and have fun playing all kinds of songs on it. At first i thought it was some secxret and if you got them all to sparkle something would happen.

I do it constantly, and sometimes I leave the badges all dirty just to clean them later. I HATE the sound it makes, but I love shiny things...

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom