• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you ship your own Pokemon with each other?

Lizard

Lover of cakes.
Reaction score
Do you ever just decide, hmmm... the Pokémon on my team should be together? Or am I just a nutcase?

Uh, kind... of? Mostly, I just think of my starter's and Pokemon i've had the longest to be the mommy and daddy of the group. I vaguely remember shipping my Leavanny with my Krookodile and my Mudkip with my Skitty but mostly they're just a family.

My own Pokémon?
I know that the anime shows this to clearly not be an issue but I kinda struggle to do so if they're not sharing an egg group. Some possibilities have been Breloom X Togekiss/Slurpuff, it's a love triangle.

Sometimes actually. Often, when I do this, I have the two pokemon do double battles together, a lot. 2 of the couples I made were intentional, I named them a certain way. Rin the Greninja, and Shiemi the Venusaur, were one of these pairs, making reference to Ao no Exorcist.

Lucy the Luxray and Quincy the Sylveon were not intended to be together, but I found myself draing them a lot, and soon I was pairing them in double battles. I truly love their little ship. Quincy is all embarrased about himself because he looks a lot like a girl, and Lucy tells him that he has nothing to be ashamed of, because she thinks he's the most handsome Pokemon out there.

Yes, I do this. I don't think it's weird at all, though I can see why some people might.

Well, yeah. Ever since I saw some cute fanart of a Serperior trying to glomp a Greninja and getting a "hug" from a substitute doll instead I picture my Eden (my female Serperior) having a bit of a one-sided (or IS IT?!) crush on Spittor (my male Greninja), and Rosanna (my female Sylveon) ships them together. She's a shipping freak.

I have done that on occasion, too, actually. Typically two that are similar in some way, or compliment one another and fight together a lot. And of course Mystery Dungeon makes me ship my Pokemon with the partner you get...

I also sometimes ship my trainer with a random NPC because why not?

My brain gets bored in a way sometimes when I'm playing Pokemon, so it makes up all kinds of random things, not just shipping, to make the game more interesting. Though to be fair, I haven't really done any of these things in a long time.

Sometimes, since I tend to think of my Pokemon as characters in their own right. It's fun to imagine what kind of dynamics they'd have if they were given characterization like in the show.

Very rarely, but I have done it. The most recent one would be my Delphox and Golduck in X. It was kind of like that Mawile from that AG episode that had a crush on Brock's Lombre and later a Psyduck, despite said Pokemon appearing to be totally indifferent towards her. Idk why, but the idea of a cute little Fennekin crushing on a dopey looking little duck is just so cute to me:p

Honestly, I'm more likely to make certain team members really close friends or rivals rather than shipping them.

I'm guilty of this, especially if something happens in the game that I find extraordinary. For example Sturm (my Hydreigon) and Melanie (my Mienshao) in my Black cart. When they were still a Zweilous and Mienfoo, I was leveling them in the Giant Chasm to get them to evolve and in one wild double battle, I was up against a Solrock and a Driftblim. I managed to get them both down with neither of my Pokemon hurt and then the Driftblim explodeed, KOing everyone but Melanie, who survived with a sliver of health left, which led me to believe that Sturm shielded her from the blast and I've been shipping them ever since then.

I ship my Charizard from X with my Sceptile from OR. I don't ship any of the members of the same team, though.

Not gonna lie, I shipped my Tyranitar and Rhyperior together during my "Diamond Sandbox" days.

I think I recall way back when I was quite young, I was training a Nidorino and a Nidorina as my "team" in Yellow version. I might've soft shipped them then, but that was such a long time ago that I don't really remember anymore. Otherwise no, I don't ship my Pokemon together. That's never really crossed my mind.

Do you ever just decide, hmmm... the Pokémon on my team should be together? Or am I just a nutcase?
While I don't have ideas on who YOURS are romantically involved (as I don't know who's on your team)...I think I should make a sub-plot for myself and then make an egg based on the result. Lemme hop over to Bulbapedia for a bit to determine egg groups.

I've only done this once. My Delphox and Florges from X, since they were among the first pokemon I ever caught.

Their natures fueled the ship even more, but it was never a serious ship for me. My Delphox was Naive and my Florges was Naughty. I just imagined my Delphox being this innocent little thing that doesn't quite interpret Florges's flirty remarks as.. well, flirty.

I've never done this again, mainly due to the fact that I don't think about it much.

I didn't do this intentionally, but I wound up shipping Basile (my male Pancham, later Pangoro) with Emily (my female Scraggy) in X. I did a couple of Double Battles with them and they really complement each other. And as individuals they especially served me well in my battle against Grant. Plus there's that whole thing where Emily's Dark typing helped Basile to evolve into Pangoro... Truly he wouldn't be the man he is today if not for her... Sorry that was really cheesy, please don't hurt me :cry:

Yyyup, my Lucario (Zuckarita) and Levanny (Lettuce). I just noticed they were usually next to each other in the box and about the same height, so I figured it'd be cute.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom