• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you still play the Pokemon games?

I play them as they come out, or at least the original pairs of each game. However, I tend to stop playing them shortly after the main quest and don't really ever come back.

I still do play them, yes.

However by "play" in this instance, I really only play USUM for the sake of using my mythicals in battles here and there for my entertainment and level grinding certain Pokemon here and there. I'm not as invested as I used to be, because there's not really much else I can do. It kinda sucks because this is pretty much what has kept me going since I skipped LGPE, so I'm hoping Gen 8 will be different enough to sink more hours into.

I still play them and like them.

I'll play both versions on release day and days later until I beat them. One version is my main game, while the other is just for replay. Though even when I do replays sometimes they may not hold my attention for too long anymore, mainly cause I have other games I want to get to or replay instead and other series I'm more invested in.

On and off. When I really am in the mood I go back and do a playthrough of XY or SM, since they have the Exp share and I don't have to spend hours and hours grinding. I still love the series and will continue to get new games, just after a while I will set them down in favor of playing other games until a new one comes out.

At the moment I'm shiny horde hunting in AS, as well as train my Grass-type Pkmn as well as other Pkmn, namelt Poison. Aside from that, from time to time I still play HG namely just for strolling around with my team while enjoying the scenery and music, I have yet to defeat E4 in a Pearl game that I bought in order to not delete my save files in Diamond and Platinum, and so that I could start with unavailable Pkmn and I'm thinking of starting a White walkthrough.
The other day I played Moon just so that I could change my Salazzle's nickname but I can't play it more than 5 mns and I regret even buying the game.
Oh, I also have to finish my Gold Kanto's post-game and get to the E4 in Blue, but I have to find the patience to do so.
To sum it up, I still play the games but with each newer generation, I feel the need to play older titles (I feel the same with other games).

I'm constantly playing the Gen 3, 4 and 5 games. They're all very special to me. :)
I also replayed Red, Blue, Gold and Silver on the Virtual Console within the last 2 years.
Gen 6 and 7 are the ones I've not played through more than once.

I regularly play Gen VI games, specifically ORAS. One of my closer friends I've known since 6th grade has gotten back into Pokemon, the last game he played was BW when we were in middle school, his first couple games with Emerald and Mystery Dungeon Red and Blue (to date these are still some of his favorite games ever, and I don't blame him, they were good). So naturally when we were hanging out one day after work (we worked at the same job for about a year after high school), I was showing him some of my 3DS games and the new features like Primals, Megas, etc. And he's like "I kinda wanna get back into Pokemon, how should I go about that?" The first thing I told him, being that Emerald was his first main series game, was "definitely get ORAS". So I've been kinda playing through some of my Gen VI games alongside him, when he finishes Omega Ruby, I plan on buying him a copy of X so he can play through Kalos, and then loaning him my copy of UM that I never played (because three freaking Alola games was more than enough to tire me out of Gen VII). I picked that combination of games (OR, X, UM) for a reason, between those three games you'll get every non-event legendary except Dialga. Dialga is one of his favorite legendaries, but to be fair, the inevitable Sinnoh remakes will come out, and when they do, I plan on convincing this friend to get the Diamond remake, unless they go with a Platinum remake which would be bad ass, but my expectations aren't high. My friend is almost to Groudon on OR, it's been fun helping him team build, I even gave him an egg early on in his game that hatched into a Snorunt, one of my favorite Pokemon, I prefer Froslass but he wanted Glalie so now he has a Mega Glalie on his team.

Yep, still love 'em.

Last time I played a Pokemon game was a year ago with Ultra Sun and Moon and I stopped around the point where you fight the Elite Four due to other games vying for my attention.

I regularly play Gen VI games, specifically ORAS. One of my closer friends I've known since 6th grade has gotten back into Pokemon, the last game he played was BW when we were in middle school, his first couple games with Emerald and Mystery Dungeon Red and Blue (to date these are still some of his favorite games ever, and I don't blame him, they were good). So naturally when we were hanging out one day after work (we worked at the same job for about a year after high school), I was showing him some of my 3DS games and the new features like Primals, Megas, etc. And he's like "I kinda wanna get back into Pokemon, how should I go about that?" The first thing I told him, being that Emerald was his first main series game, was "definitely get ORAS". So I've been kinda playing through some of my Gen VI games alongside him, when he finishes Omega Ruby, I plan on buying him a copy of X so he can play through Kalos, and then loaning him my copy of UM that I never played (because three freaking Alola games was more than enough to tire me out of Gen VII). I picked that combination of games (OR, X, UM) for a reason, between those three games you'll get every non-event legendary except Dialga. Dialga is one of his favorite legendaries, but to be fair, the inevitable Sinnoh remakes will come out, and when they do, I plan on convincing this friend to get the Diamond remake, unless they go with a Platinum remake which would be bad ass, but my expectations aren't high. My friend is almost to Groudon on OR, it's been fun helping him team build, I even gave him an egg early on in his game that hatched into a Snorunt, one of my favorite Pokemon, I prefer Froslass but he wanted Glalie so now he has a Mega Glalie on his team.
Good for your friend.

More or less, yes. I haven't played any of the main series games in a little while. (I need to though; I still haven't finished Ultra Moon, and I'd like to finish that before Sword/Shield drops.) I do play Pokemon Go pretty regularly, and I also play Pokemon Shuffle Mobile on occasion as well.

Yeah, I guess so. However, I've found myself replaying gens 3 - 5 a lot more than 6 onwards.

It's been three months since I last played a Pokemon game. Tbh I usually only replay Gen 3 & 4 games anyways, but lately I've felt no desire to play them since I'm just bored with the franchise in general.

I stopped playing during Generation V. I just got tired of level grinding. Besides, I really can't afford to keep buying the games anymore. But that doesn't mean I've lost interest in the slightest—I still like reading about the newest games and expanding my overall knowledge of the Pokémon world.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom