• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you still play the Pokemon games?

I dabble in Sword and Shield because of Competitive battling. However, its a lot harder to due because I don't like Dynamaxing and Showdown is just so much easier to build a team with. As for Single player, the story was too dull to the point that I still haven't finished the final battle with Hop.

As for replaying previous titles, I'd love to replay Moon, but I do not want to delete my save data because it was first time I ever completed a Pokedex.

Of course. I'm playing HeartGold right now. [My favorite game in the entire series, alongside Pokemon Black.]

Current Pokemon games though? No. I haven't played a new game since Pokemon Sun and Moon. USUM seemed unnecessary to me, LGPE was Pokemon Go pandering and I'm not really interested in that, and SwSh failed to capture my interest entirely due to the new Pokemon designs mostly being meh or some of the worse in the entire series to me. [Which is the first time this has ever happened. Every generation, I've found a good chunk of designs I love.] I also did not care for Dynamaxing in the slightest, and did not approve of what I saw as low effort being put in the title, so I didn't want to support that.

I'm waiting for a new Pokemon game to come out that actually has some level of polish and good designs, and am hoping that for the next Generation, they get different designers and improve things. Until then, I'll be replaying all regions up to Alola and be content with that. I'm not a fan who has to have a game every single year. I'd rather they take some time between releases to make truly great titles.

I'm playing Pokemon White and I'm nuzlocking it for the first time.

It has been so long since the last time I played cause when you have the third version you forgot about the other ones.

But White and White 2 are so different that they are amazing on there own.

I usually do a game mode I created myself I called it: The Hall of Fame Cup

It's a challenge where you have to beat a Pokemon game of each generation. Then the Pokemon that made it to the hall of fame are traded to Pokemon Black 2 and each team have to win all PWT Gym leader tournaments.

I'm playing Pokemon White and I'm nuzlocking it for the first time.

It has been so long since the last time I played cause when you have the third version you forgot about the other ones.

But White and White 2 are so different that they are amazing on there own.

I usually do a game mode I created myself I called it: The Hall of Fame Cup

It's a challenge where you have to beat a Pokemon game of each generation. Then the Pokemon that made it to the hall of fame are traded to Pokemon Black 2 and each team have to win all PWT Gym leader tournaments.

This is such a cool idea. I've thought of doing something similar myself, playing through LeafGreen, Emerald, SoulSilver, Platinum, White and White 2 (in that order, due to in-universe chronology) and then transferring all my teams to White 2, but I hadn't thought about doing the Pokemon World Tournament at the end. I may just have to try that.

As good as Black 2 and White 2 are, I like the original Black and White more because of the story. They're definitely still worth playing and it's a shame that they get overlooked sometimes. I feel the same about Sun and Moon - I like the story in the original games more than that of the Ultra versions.

This is such a cool idea. I've thought of doing something similar myself, playing through LeafGreen, Emerald, SoulSilver, Platinum, White and White 2 (in that order, due to in-universe chronology) and then transferring all my teams to White 2, but I hadn't thought about doing the Pokemon World Tournament at the end. I may just have to try that.

As good as Black 2 and White 2 are, I like the original Black and White more because of the story. They're definitely still worth playing and it's a shame that they get overlooked sometimes. I feel the same about Sun and Moon - I like the story in the original games more than that of the Ultra versions.

Do it cause is really fun challenging the gym leaders from kanto in Black 2 with your Fire Red Team.

For example the Teams I have now are

Fire Red: Jolteon,Omastar,Muk,Snorlax,Articuno,Hitmonlee
Soul Silver: Glaceon,Magmortar,Quagsire,Girafarig,Tyranytar,Ampharos
Emerald: Regice, Seviper,Blaziken,Swellow,Sableye,Sharpedo
Platinum: Drapion,Gastrodon,Staraptor,Gallade,Torterra, Bronzong

This is kinda neat.

I guess I should try this at some point in time.

I still play the Pokemon games. But I've known for a while, now, that it won't be practical for me to keep up with the latest ones indefinitely. I don't play any other video games, so whenever I've bought a new console, it's always been for the sole purpose of playing the next generation of Pokemon. It's an expensive hobby, and as I get older and my interests broaden, the cost is becoming increasingly difficult to justify.

A while back, I devised a plan that I would one day choose a game to be my "main" game - choosing one region to take up permanent residence in, if you like, and letting the series carry on without me. And Sword is that game, for me. I live in the UK, so I've connected with the Galar region on a more personal level than any region before it. I feel like I've finally found my "definitive" generation, and for this reason, I'm happy to make the Switch my last console. I'll be playing the rest of the main series games that are released for the Switch, but Sword will always be my "main" one from now on.

I'll always be a Pokemon fan, because it's a multimedia franchise - even if I'm not keeping up-to-date with the latest games, there's plenty of other media to engage with. And I can't see myself ever parting with my collection of older games, so I'll be revisiting those from time to time. As someone who prefers the single-player aspect of the Pokemon games and rarely goes online, I find that the older games never lose their replay value.

I might get tempted back to the new games in 2040 when the virtual reality Galar remake comes out...

If anything I thoroughly recommend you check out the Legend of Zelda games too, since you already invested in Nintendo consoles. It's one of the greatest franchises of all time to me ans Breath of the Wild is a must. Probably my number 1 game of all time. Just saying. I do adore Pokemon equally. I even bought the Switch mainly for the Let's Go and Galar games.

If anything I thoroughly recommend you check out the Legend of Zelda games too, since you already invested in Nintendo consoles. It's one of the greatest franchises of all time to me ans Breath of the Wild is a must. Probably my number 1 game of all time. Just saying. I do adore Pokemon equally. I even bought the Switch mainly for the Let's Go and Galar games.

I actually have thought about checking out some other RPGs, it would be a way get more enjoyment out of the consoles I already have. Breath of the Wild looks amazing! I'd also like to check out some of the Digimon games as I was a huge fan of the Digimon anime as a child. I've played the two Digimon Battle Spirit games for the GBA but never any of the RPGs.

yes, though I guess not as actively?? I purchased Shield and have around 140 or so hours in it, but been really lazy to go through certain things lately due to other distractions. still haven't finished my isle of armor dex :cri: I definitely put more time in each main series game as a kid, but I do still actively keep up with playing the games nowadays. pokémon is too important to me to drop completely.

I don't really play unless a new game has come out, or something for the new game has come out. Occasionally I'll pick up a game and play through it again, and even more rarely I'll pick up one of the games I haven't finished yet (SoulSilver and Platinum) but then I'll remember I'll the grinding I have to do and put it down.

I play the generation 3, 4 and 5 games alot but not the ones after generation 6 because those get boring for me. Same with the earlier games like Red, Blue and Yellow on the virtual console.

Technically I still "play" the games, but I haven't bought any mainline games beyond Ultra Moon. My collection right now is just older generations and Pokémon Mystery Dungeon stuff. I have been knowingly distancing myself from Pokémon's front line for a couple of years now.

Of course! The games are my favorite part of Pokémon, it’s my favorite franchise ever. I enjoy the games much more than the anime.

I haven't touched Pokémon games since ORAS (Played through all of gen 1 - X & Y) which felt too similar and generic compared to earlier entries IMO, in turn killing all my hype for any future releases. Still picked up Pokémon Moon on release but couldn't get invested / bothered to continue after a few hours.

Recently got back into the franchise tho and just picked up Shield & Let's Go Eevee earlier today.

Please note: The thread is from 3 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom