• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you think any current Pokémon will have Evolutions or Preevolutions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Do you think any current Pokemon will have Evolutions or Preevolutions?

Edit button when you have a new idea. IT IS YOUR FRIEEEEND.

I've been thinking, Raichu needs an evolution, just as a throwback to the error in Gen I where the old man says "MAH RAICHU WENT AND EVOLVED!!!1!!1"
Pokemon thaqt evolve by stone don't evolve.

Expecting a devolution for Tangela and Lickitung.
"Tangvine" and "Lickit," respectively, at least so my fan names have it.

Thinking on it, a "baby" (devo-ed) Skarmory could be kinda' neat, though.

I can easily see a Pinsir evo and a Heracross evo, 'cause those two got screwed post-Scizor Gen 2.

The obligatory "Kangaskhid" (thank you, whoever gave that name, I ♥ it so much) just so that evolutionary line isn't 'turtles all the way down,' so to speak.

And, yes, most likely a devo for Tauros/Miltank--
BTW, *WHY* does everyone call them counterparts, anyway?
Tauros is a *bison* and Miltank is a *domestic cow*.
Yes, since the two are close enough genetically, the species Bison bison and Bos primigenius can crossbreed IRL to produce "beefalo," but it's not all that common.

Ferreon: Trade Eevee holding Metal Coat
Toxeon: Trade Eevee holding Poison Barb
Sparreon: Level up Eevee holding Black Belt
Aereon: Level up Event Eevee that knows Fly

More Eeveelutions as I remember them.

You don't know how often minor principles like that get thrown out the window when transitioning to a new gen. Also, I'm for weakening the eevelutions and giving them evolutions

Espeon evolving by Dawn Stone and Umbreon evolving by Dusk stone.

um....I guess Tauros and Miltank having a preevolution that will evolve depending on which gender it is.

Pokemon that evolve through trade didn't either, until Porygon-Z screwed it up.

If you count Happiny/Chansey (granted, it's debatable since it works more like a held item rather than a stone) that evolve further into Blissey, that's not true anymore.

Every Pokemon will have a useless baby form. Not even the already useless baby Pokemon will be immune.

Every Pokemon will have a useless baby form. Not even the already useless baby Pokemon will be immune.

That isn't even possible. You can't breed baby Pokemon.

I'd laugh if we saw a Smeargle evolution.

Espeon evolving by Dawn Stone and Umbreon evolving by Dusk stone.

no. just no. Let's not change evolution methods.

Little cup *COUGH*

Gen 5 PBR2 might have a little cup online option. Then WHUT?

Last edited:

Still, royal "we" implies that as a collective, we do not need something. But some of us feel we do. I am included in the collective.

Why shouldn't we have four stages? I could say "We don't need all these Eeeveelutions" or "we don't need Pokemon that evolve at a certain time of day" or "we don't NEED any games past Gen 1"... but it's up to GameFreak, and if this Gen is as outside the box as they make it sound, it's entirely possible. It's not BECAUSE it's a four stage evolution, it's because of the Pokemon themselves. There's no reason to NOT have a four stage evolution.

Because it's just Evo-spam, look at the facts! Only 273 pokemon are fully evolved and therefore usable. That's 220 totally pointless pokemon like weedle or magikarp that serve no competitive purpose. Say there's a 6 stage pokemon. Gratz, you just made 5 pokemon that will never be used. GG CP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom