• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you think Ash will get a Galar starter in PM2019?

Will Ash get a Galar starter?

• Yes, he'll get Grookey.

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • Yes, he'll get Sobble.

Votes: 18 34.0%
  • Yes, he'll get both Grookey and Sobble.

Votes: 11 20.8%
  • No, Grookey and Sobble will go to someone else.

Votes: 13 24.5%

• Total voters
Ash has had 15 starters. He doesn't need any more of them, and Sobble will probably be fine with Go just like Raboot.
Depends on what you think is 'fine'. I don't want my favorite Gen 8 starter to be lost and become obsolete, and not be able to develop in any meaningful way on-screen.

If Sobble does go to Goh, then the only way this transgression can be forgiven is if that Tyranitar from the promotion goes to Ash (and the one he hatched as a Larvitar at that, no other one).

Last edited:
Ash has had 15 starters. He doesn't need any more of them, and Sobble will probably be fine with Go just like Raboot.

That's a bit of strange logic. I can understand not wanting Ash to get another starter with that in mind, but I don't see why Ash already having so many starters means that he shouldn't get another one. I wouldn't be shocked if Gou does end up with one of the other Galar starters, but I thought it was already practically confirmed that Ash was going to get Sobble.

That's a bit of strange logic. I can understand not wanting Ash to get another starter with that in mind, but I don't see why Ash already having so many starters means that he shouldn't get another one. I wouldn't be shocked if Gou does end up with one of the other Galar starters, but I thought it was already practically confirmed that Ash was going to get Sobble.

The preview for Episode 28 has strong hints that Go could catch Sobble.

Also, the phrase we though Ash was saying to Sobble in that preview of many episodes, it was used with Farfetch in Episode 27.

In my opinion, it feels like a pity that Ash doesn't get a Water Starter. He has the Water Starter only four times, and only once did they evolve. All his fire-type starters evolved, and and 3 of his 5 grass starers evolved.

In my opinion, it feels like a pity that Ash doesn't get a Water Starter. He has the Water Starter only four times, and only once did they evolve. All his fire-type starters evolved, and and 3 of his 5 grass starers evolved.
He could always go back and catch one of the starters he missed out on.

He could always go back and catch one of the starters he missed out on.
It’s highly doubtful that that would happen unless a DP remake comes along for the same reason I doubt they’ll have Go capture any previous starters, while this may be a world tour, the advertisement of the current gen is still of high importance hence why despite coming from Kanto, Go’s primary Pokemon is Raboot, a Galar starter and (somehow) Koharu’s family has a Yamper. I’d honestly be surprised if any previous gen starters are caught at all this series.

I'm a grass main so I have no problem with Grookey and Ash. However I would have a problem seeing what Goh with all three starters will do to this forum.

....You'd think Alain just Blast Burned Ash again or something?

Well, assuming 28 goes the way it's looking I figure he'll still get Grookey. I just don't see Ash going starter-less unless they really are planning to retire him and this is part of a slow phase out. Even then it would be a stretch.

I'm a grass main so I have no problem with Grookey and Ash. However I would have a problem seeing what Goh with all three starters will do to this forum.

....You'd think Alain just Blast Burned Ash again or something?
We'll get a recreation of the 23rd episode of this series on the forums if Gou gets all three starters, at which point I'll flee this section for a week or so.

The preview for Episode 28 has strong hints that Go could catch Sobble.

Also, the phrase we though Ash was saying to Sobble in that preview of many episodes, it was used with Farfetch in Episode 27.

Ah, I wasn't aware of either the next preview or the phrase being used for Farfetch'd. Honestly, I'd be kind of disappointed if Sobble went to Goh instead of Chloe, if only because I just want the series to finally have a prominent girl in the cast, but the idea that Gou could get another starter wouldn't be a huge stretch in itself. They already evolved Scorbunny surprisingly fast and they'd probably want to do something with the other two at some point. Gou getting all three Galar starters doesn't seem likely to me. Since I like Grookey so much, I'd be happy if Ash ends up with it instead of Sobble.

You can use that argument for the majority of his typings (Before Journeys, he had 5 fighting types, he doesn't need more of them and now he has 7 - Fighting is the typing he has the most of after Flying (With 7 - 8 if we count Primeape) while he has 10 flying types - 12 if we count Butterfree and Pidgeot (So he doesn't need more of them either and he still got Dragonite). So Ash doesn't need Riolu and Galarfetch'd either, but he still got them. Heck, if we look at it that way, the only typings Ash truly needs are Steel, Ice, Rock, Bug, Poison, Ghost and Dragon.

And fact of the matter is, that he has the least amount of Water starters compared to the other starter types and its implied Water is his favorite type (Which makes it even more ironic) since he wanted to start out with Squirtle.

So what you are presenting is a non-argument imo.

I mentioned elsewhere but as long as Sobble gets proper screen time and development with Gou I'd be fine.

I'm just not sure the precedent suggests that's likely.
If Raboot, his STARTER and PARTNER, doesn't get enough screen time, i can't see Sobble getting any. And it's a shame, cause Sobble has potential because of his character and its development could really shine with it being with a trainer like Ash. With Goh we can only hope that it actually gets screen time. It's development will completely go to waste because he doesn't take the time to train his Pokemon and just lets them do whatever they like at the lab. Unless of course Goh suddenly decides that training his Pokemon is something worth of his "precious" time, but that would take time out of his pointless captures, so I can't see it happening.

So, while chances are near zero of it happening, if Ash were to capture a starter from a previous region, which would you want it to be?

Swampert. Yes, I'm saying straight to Swampert.

Swampert got the short end of the stick in both AG and XY, now is it's time to shine!

Besides, it would be fun to see Ash working with a bulky Pokemon. I still don't think Ash drew out the full potential of Melmetal, so this could be his chance to work on that.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom