• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you think Ash will train one of his old pokemon at some point in BW?

Fujioka

Host-e-mon
Reaction score
There seems to be a pattern that Ash takes at least one of his old pokemon with him to a new region. He took Bulbasaur, Squirtle, and Charizard to Johto, Phanpy to Kanto during Battle Frontier, and Aipom to Sinnoh. The only region where he didn't take one of his old pokemon was Hoenn, but he didn't keep his whole Hoenn team during BF since he got Phanpy. Do you think he'll eventually transfer one to Unova or possibly train one if they decide to do another Battle Frontier? I could see him training Gible again.

If they do another saga then yes I can see this happening but not right now when their goal is to advertise the new Pokemon.

I think he will in the Isshu league, but not until then. Maybe not though, they might do the Houenn aproach and only have Ash use the Pokemon he caught from that region in the league. We'll see as the saga progresses.

I think he will in the Isshu league, but not until then. Maybe not though, they might do the Houenn aproach and only have Ash use the Pokemon he caught from that region in the league. We'll see as the saga progresses.

I agree he maybe use his old Pokemon in the league, cause there he would have an advantage because in Unova trainers can catch only Unova Pokemons!

But if he catches even more Pokemons 2 at least, he would have enough Pokemon to have an interesting team! So he wouldn't need any of his old Pokemons!

I kind of wish that Ash took Gible with him from the beginning so that it could evolve but maybe he'll use it in the League. They could have it like the Sinnoh League where he uses some of his old pokemon. For now though I think they'll only focus on the Isshu pokemon. If Ash does switch out a pokemon it'll probably be between one of the 6 he has on hand for whatever pokemon he left with Juniper. I think that Ash might rotate his team a little more often in BW.

As soon as Ash reach the Unova League, then he will be using his old Pokemon again. There be others that has Pokemon from the Kanto to Sinnoh regions too. I believe someone like Harrison or Tyson be in Unova at some point.

As soon as Ash reach the Unova League, then he will be using his old Pokemon again. There be others that has Pokemon from the Kanto to Sinnoh regions too. I believe someone like Harrison or Tyson be in Unova at some point.

I highly doubt that, if any of Ash's former rivals appear in B&W, it'll be Paul or Gary.

I highly doubt that, if any of Ash's former rivals appear in B&W, it'll be Paul or Gary.

I know, but think that Gary and Paul is in the season while Tyson and Harrison is only League rivals. There is a big difference. If Tabios is a rival from basically from day 1, then the rivalry will not be there as much as one that started in the league of another region.

If there's a post-Unova league saga, I could see Ash bringing back an old Pokémon. It could possibly be Gible due to its late introduction in DP. However, I think it'd be amazing if the writers brought back Glalie to promote RSE remakes if they're in the makings. Chances of that are slight, however.

I can't really see him training one of them in the Isshu league (deffo next region though I'm sure) but he'll most likely call on them for his actual league challenge. Hopefully Kingler, it was always my fave :)

I think Phanphy could be a candidate, though, if this were to occur.

Train? As in travel with? Not until after the League, no I don't think he will and that's only if the next gen doesn't begin right away.

I can't really see him training one of them in the Isshu league (deffo next region though I'm sure) but he'll most likely call on them for his actual league challenge. Hopefully Kingler, it was always my fave :)

I think Phanphy could be a candidate, though, if this were to occur.

Dude, Phanpy evolved 5 years ago in change.

I'd love to see all the old friends again, but with the many catches Ash seems to be making now, we could have another Hoenn League on our hands. At least this time it'd make a little more sense...

Here's who I want to see the most.... on second thought, I want to see every single one! There's only 40-50 of them, right?

If all fails, there's always the Torterra Solo Run option...
And you know what... Ash'd probably win, too.

It's possible, but it's not going to happen for awoke. They just started the BW saga and their going to get as much advertising out of the anime as possible. Having Ash carry around an old pokemon would defeat the purpose. However, there is nothing stopping Ash from carrying around an old pokemon during a league or filler region when generation V is old news.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom