• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you think Ash's JN Team is the Worst Team he's ever had?

Is the JN Team the Worst Ash Team?

• Yes

Votes: 23 46.0%
  • No

Votes: 27 54.0%

• Total voters
This isn’t the end of 2022. JN is only a couple months into its third year, right after a holiday hiatus no less. The point can very well hold up.
Its still year 3 and older teams at year 3 had better character, development, and focus then the JN team. Hell i'm even willing to say that older teams year 2 is better than JN team at year 3 at all of those things.

But there one thing that i am really happy about. Completing the entire type. Sure mister mime for me is only psychoc but in the anime then it is the psychic and feiry. Even, itf it is not fairy then that fine because fairy type is only found firstly bedore 9 years so not catching it is only.

He got lucario and i always felt that locario and ash is one as always and this start from the locario movie. It completed in the riolu episode in sinnoh region. Challenging maylene in sinnoh gym. Understanding locario in iron island. Challening xy gym with beatjng the locario mega evoltuion. How could he doesn't beat the worst character camoeron. Camero trip and iris are the worst. So now it is the time for having locarion and mega locarion. Even if he didn't got mega locario then that's fine with becauss it is the same as fairy type reason.

Finally ghost type finally psychic type and thos the second time for iron type. But why not having second electric pokemon why? Why only pikachu why? At least have another denki type maybe pikachu will be sick one days.

But there one thing that i am really happy about. Completing the entire type. Sure mister mime for me is only psychoc but in the anime then it is the psychic and feiry. Even, itf it is not fairy then that fine because fairy type is only found firstly bedore 9 years so not catching it is only.

He got lucario and i always felt that locario and ash is one as always and this start from the locario movie. It completed in the riolu episode in sinnoh region. Challenging maylene in sinnoh gym. Understanding locario in iron island. Challening xy gym with beatjng the locario mega evoltuion. How could he doesn't beat the worst character camoeron. Camero trip and iris are the worst. So now it is the time for having locarion and mega locarion. Even if he didn't got mega locario then that's fine with becauss it is the same as fairy type reason.

Finally ghost type finally psychic type and thos the second time for iron type. But why not having second electric pokemon why? Why only pikachu why? At least have another denki type maybe pikachu will be sick one days.
I agree it is nice I just wish it was done better then it was in JN.

I have to say no for now if only because Journeys isn't done yet, so the team does still have time to pick itself up and fix at least some of its issues. However, it says a lot that even the less developed teams like Johto and Unova already had most of their members completely established by the stage that Journeys is at whereas of this team the only Pokemon I could even consider to be properly fleshed out is Lucario. Granted, Dragonite, Gengar, and Sirfetch'd have certainly gotten their moments, but they still feel pretty lacking compared to past Pokemon. Heck, Lucario is nowhere close to the level of prominence that other ace Pokemon have gotten (at best he's more like Buizel or Hawlucha, who were prominent members of their respective teams but not the aces), so that should give an idea of how much worse the rest of the team is faring. Sirfetch'd has yet to learn a single STAB move and Dracovish has only participated in a single battle despite having debuted a little over a year ago. I cannot believe that the team that is effectively Ash's Champion Team feels like it's made up of Unfezants (minus the awful track record in battles... mostly. RIP Kamon...) when ideally it should be made up of Infernapes.
Blame the writers for not knowing how to write Pokemon as individuals in this series, when they did it so well in the past.

Agreed. Who cares that Mr. Mime was Ash's first "official" Fairy type when the thing practically doesn't even exist? It just feels like an item that was marked off a checklist, not an important milestone.

Firstly, it nice to see that you are a fan of one of my best pokemons zorua.

Agree in what you said as i already wrote in page 2: "This season is so boring that no one become care about anything or where is the stpry is gping so having the wrost team or not is small point in the term of the worst story".

To tell you the truth i hoped that he got the ice thunder fossil from galar chiho

Agreed. Who cares that Mr. Mime was Ash's first "official" Fairy type when the thing practically doesn't even exist? It just feels like an item that was marked off a checklist, not an important milestone.

Yes agree in what you said

This is late, my apologies @Rainbow-Rain, but I have made the executive decision to now just pop up in and out of this sub-forum like a 2000 year old hermit to say a few words before vanishing, which I shall stick to. Like a hermit. :p

I also feel touched that somebody is calling me out just so I can vent out dead frustrations out on deader frustrations. Don't ask, I'm just a strange person. :enzap:

From a personal standpoint, I really don't like this team at all. As individuals, I'm not really interested or invested in any of their stories. As a team, they have literally nothing that tells me they even are one. A lot of people pity Gengar, but there's only so much pity can take you. At some point, you're just going to straight up resent the character even if it isn't their fault the writers didn't develop them. Not to mention Gengar in particular was never interesting to me. It got abandoned by its trainer but there's no lasting trauma, no resulting plot threads involving said trainer, no unique variations of this plot-line that has been used three times for Ash's pokemon already...what is appealing about Gengar again? Aside from it being a popular pokemon, I mean. I also recall how I used to praise Dragonite's character but I just get saddened the more I think about the potential wasted. Don't even get me started on Pikachu...I used to be bitter at how bland and annoying he is in this series but I don't even think I can do that at this point. He acts completely different from previous series sans, what, one or two moments that other people point out are in-character for him? End of story.

From a narrative standpoint...I am going to have to say yes and no. Yes, because Journeys follows two narratives. One is Goh's and the other is-supposedly-Ash's. Ash's "story" is taking on Leon and to do that, he needs his pokemon to help take him up the ranks of the PWC, which they have pretty much been doing. I won't say much on their battle record, because I forgot all of their battles(oops, lol), but technically, just them being used in PWC battles is them contributing to the narrative. I say no as well because, well...it is an indirect affect. The PWC itself seems to affect the characters like throwing a paper airplane at a sumo wrestler would. I don't see any notable changes in Ash as a character, so the PWC just feels irrelevant. By default, given how little agency Ash's team is given as characters, their own stories and plot-lines seem to fade into obscurity amid the PWC, which, as I already explained, doesn't impact anything as a whole. I often really like the "dual protagonist" trope, but in Journeys it just seems to frustrate me. Not anymore, as I'm mostly apathetic toward Journeys now, but in the great before land.

Admittedly, both of my analysis are based on just THIS series, so I'm not really comparing it with Ash's other teams. I guess that's kind of defeating the purpose of this thread, but it's hard to say which team is the "worst" because people have different criteria for what makes a good team in the first place. A lot of people claim Ash's Kalos or Alola teams are the best, solely based on strength. In contrast, a lot of people actually find his Journeys team to be the best team ever, even when Dragonite and Gengar had just been introduced. I personally find the Kanto team to be the best, based on stories and character dynamics, but that's a whole other thing.

In short, all these guys really need are god damn episodes focused on them doing...I don't know, something. Like, that episode where Froakie and Hawlucha in XY had to spend the whole run-time trying to get along and save their trainer. Or literally any time Pikachu gets an episode trying to rally all the pokemon together for some reason or another: just do that and force the other pokemon to interact! At this point, it's just using your half-filled 1 quart water bottle to try and stop a forest fire from spreading. What'cha gonna do? :p

Hi kinda wanted to start a thread and wanted to lend my thoughts about this

So beware of a long post as I'm not good at being concise lol

So currently Ash’s Journeys is Pikachu (duh), Dragonite, Gengar, Lucario, Sirfetch’d, and Dracovish on paper really strong and so far in journeys still strong
73F6429E-1761-4DA6-83A7-9197FCF0B53E.jpeg

But the issue I see a lot have with the journeys team is the development of the team

Which I can kinda see where they are coming from but I don't think it's as big of a deal as it's led on

A majority of Ash’s teams are top-heavy, as in two maybe three Pokemon get real development and the others are additions or comic relief or something of the sort (ignoring Pikachu)

Hoenn/BF: Sceptile and Swellow
Sinnoh: Infernape took over later and earlier was a balance of Buizel and Turtwig
I think you get it
So for Journeys, there are some parallels to other Ash’s Pokemon I want to make and some brief analysis and recap before I get into it (not all are 1:1)

Dragonite = Goodra/Bayleef loveable powerhouses that weren't that into battling but want to help Ash as they love him, they're power comes in handy against strong foes as their strength isn't was is lacking

Dragonite helps here and there and had some good showcases in its debut, against Korrina, against Iris and also assists as Ash’s flier this series

Gengar= Pignite/Incineroar the abandoned Pokemon who found a good trainer in Ash and does their best and have a nice friendship with him doesn't battle often but because of typing, or own motives, etc can be a good addition
(I admit this one is shaky)

Gengar got the short end of the stick with its win rate but it has some comedic moments as its a prankster it also had good battles against Visquez, Volkner, against Marnie, that Spiritomb, and even had some nice stuff in the max mushrooms ep with Alister

Lucario= Infernape/Greninja the ace where they're likeminded in certain areas with Ash which leads to a strong bond but also have a drive for strength leading to them being the ace as they're the most battle-ready/wanting to battle

Lucario has gotten the most with its battles against Bea multiple times, the darkest day, against Volkner, some nice Aura bonding with Ash, mega stone search

Also, I know people don't buy their bond but I think Aura gives an unperceivable connection as even as an egg Ash was drawn to it kinda like the psychic connection of Anabel or Diantha and her Gardevoir

Sirfetch’d= Corphish/Buizel/Hawlucha another strong battler but on the smaller side has a different motive for strength than the “ace” but enjoys battling and ends up being a recurring member for battling
Sirfeth’d got more use as of late as it's a battler but getting its arc with Rinto and Wikstrom helped a lot and even had some decent showings against Bea and outside of battle like being chivalrous by blocking the water for Ash

Dracovish= Snorlax/Gible/Glalie/Melmetal an inherent powerhouse caught late/last and is usually just to help fill out the team more against opponents the other members aren't keen to take on (ex: Glalie ice typing was handy, Snorlax was naturally tanky and strong) and fills a niche role whether comic relief or to support for the team
Dracovish I think everyone agrees is the more comedic just a fun addition who happens to be strong, outside of maybe a new move being taught I can't see Dracovish getting development, even then it had some fun moments in the water race, against Iris and helped with its water typing in the Volcorona episode and the Heatran Arceus stuff

Guess I say all that to say Ash’s Journeys team already have their roles and for the most part, fill their roles well as they have all battled, they have some non-battle moments, etc...

So overall I think the team is solid, it may not be better than XY or SM in terms of development as pacing but I think it's better than Johto and Unova making it in the Kanto Hoenn and Sinnoh tier for me as it had some balance with a leaning on Pokemon like Lucario kinda like how those leaned on Charizard and Infernape

The issue is the appearance rate
They just don't appear on screen enough to get enough time with them

Something which I don't see a lot of people mention is that a lot of time in past series when you would see all the trainers Pokemon is either when everyone is just chilling and eating or when Team Rocket appears and Ash decides to not use/not just use Pikachu against them

And since they're not traveling and the Pokemon are kept at the lab you don't get those moments which you can say is a flaw but I don't think it's a big deal as most of the time nothing really happens in these moments unless you have the chespin-pancham or oshawott moments

Journeys also seem to have the least amount of team rocket appearances and when they do appear it's mostly just Pikachu dealing with them or interacting with them and if not it's Lucario

When there's no Team Rocket you don't showcase the other Pokemon (like having the flying type go search for them or pop their balloon for example)

My only argument for that is, those appearances don't matter, yes it's good to remind everyone these are Ash’s Pokemon but for the most part, unless a Pokemon evolves or learns a new move those TRio encounters don't matter and aren't development unless you believe in the exp viewpoint (where every time Ash wins against them his Pokemon levels up, etc and is treated basically like just another trainer battle) which I don't

Also, the gaps between appearances like I know people were getting upset when xxx Pokemon we're gone for so long

And while I agree it's nice to see them do stuff I think it was just what the series was doing at the time, as during a lot of that period it was Goh and filler stuff so Ash wasn't doing much, and more recently Ash has been doing a lot and Goh not so much, therefore, his Pokemon are featured more so yes Journeys should have balanced them out more but I don't think xxxx Pokemon being gone for xx episodes is a bad thing, especially if during that time the focus wasn't on Ash

They've gotten better by letting Ash use Dragonite to fly, Dracovish for water stuff, Lucario for Aura sensing, etc... That way he wasn't essentially a bystander during Goh episodes

But I don't think it was a huge negative like others make it out to be

I guess my best example is Hawlucha, it had its wrestling/show off trait but it didn't really get a training episode after its debut or learn a new move or anything like that it was just used in gym battles a good amount and had some filler shine like the play episode with the other Hawlucha

Compare that to Sirfetch’d and it had its more loner personality as a Farfetch’d then it understood Ash in the Wikstrom episode then evolved against Rinto gaining it's more chivalrous/knight personality, and is still used in battles now
Long post short Ash’s journeys team is around that Kanto Hoenn and Sinnoh tier of development and enjoyment as they weren't as developed like XY or SM but more than BW or OSJohto imo as most of Ash’s Pokemon don't get as developed as it sounds and everyone in JN (except Dracovish kinda) has had their notable episode so far which puts them on par with a lot of Ash’s Pokemon in terms of development plus the series isn't done yet so things can still happen

E89FD881-5986-4070-B10A-09ACF84A10D5.jpeg

Hi kinda wanted to start a thread and wanted to lend my thoughts about this

So beware of a long post as I'm not good at being concise lol

So currently Ash’s Journeys is Pikachu (duh), Dragonite, Gengar, Lucario, Sirfetch’d, and Dracovish on paper really strong and so far in journeys still strong
View attachment 156728
But the issue I see a lot have with the journeys team is the development of the team

Which I can kinda see where they are coming from but I don't think it's as big of a deal as it's led on

A majority of Ash’s teams are top-heavy, as in two maybe three Pokemon get real development and the others are additions or comic relief or something of the sort (ignoring Pikachu)

Hoenn/BF: Sceptile and Swellow
Sinnoh: Infernape took over later and earlier was a balance of Buizel and Turtwig
I think you get it
So for Journeys, there are some parallels to other Ash’s Pokemon I want to make and some brief analysis and recap before I get into it (not all are 1:1)

Dragonite = Goodra/Bayleef loveable powerhouses that weren't that into battling but want to help Ash as they love him, they're power comes in handy against strong foes as their strength isn't was is lacking

Dragonite helps here and there and had some good showcases in its debut, against Korrina, against Iris and also assists as Ash’s flier this series

Gengar= Pignite/Incineroar the abandoned Pokemon who found a good trainer in Ash and does their best and have a nice friendship with him doesn't battle often but because of typing, or own motives, etc can be a good addition
(I admit this one is shaky)

Gengar got the short end of the stick with its win rate but it has some comedic moments as its a prankster it also had good battles against Visquez, Volkner, against Marnie, that Spiritomb, and even had some nice stuff in the max mushrooms ep with Alister

Lucario= Infernape/Greninja the ace where they're likeminded in certain areas with Ash which leads to a strong bond but also have a drive for strength leading to them being the ace as they're the most battle-ready/wanting to battle

Lucario has gotten the most with its battles against Bea multiple times, the darkest day, against Volkner, some nice Aura bonding with Ash, mega stone search

Also, I know people don't buy their bond but I think Aura gives an unperceivable connection as even as an egg Ash was drawn to it kinda like the psychic connection of Anabel or Diantha and her Gardevoir

Sirfetch’d= Corphish/Buizel/Hawlucha another strong battler but on the smaller side has a different motive for strength than the “ace” but enjoys battling and ends up being a recurring member for battling
Sirfeth’d got more use as of late as it's a battler but getting its arc with Rinto and Wikstrom helped a lot and even had some decent showings against Bea and outside of battle like being chivalrous by blocking the water for Ash

Dracovish= Snorlax/Gible/Glalie/Melmetal an inherent powerhouse caught late/last and is usually just to help fill out the team more against opponents the other members aren't keen to take on (ex: Glalie ice typing was handy, Snorlax was naturally tanky and strong) and fills a niche role whether comic relief or to support for the team
Dracovish I think everyone agrees is the more comedic just a fun addition who happens to be strong, outside of maybe a new move being taught I can't see Dracovish getting development, even then it had some fun moments in the water race, against Iris and helped with its water typing in the Volcorona episode and the Heatran Arceus stuff

Guess I say all that to say Ash’s Journeys team already have their roles and for the most part, fill their roles well as they have all battled, they have some non-battle moments, etc...

So overall I think the team is solid, it may not be better than XY or SM in terms of development as pacing but I think it's better than Johto and Unova making it in the Kanto Hoenn and Sinnoh tier for me as it had some balance with a leaning on Pokemon like Lucario kinda like how those leaned on Charizard and Infernape

The issue is the appearance rate
They just don't appear on screen enough to get enough time with them

Something which I don't see a lot of people mention is that a lot of time in past series when you would see all the trainers Pokemon is either when everyone is just chilling and eating or when Team Rocket appears and Ash decides to not use/not just use Pikachu against them

And since they're not traveling and the Pokemon are kept at the lab you don't get those moments which you can say is a flaw but I don't think it's a big deal as most of the time nothing really happens in these moments unless you have the chespin-pancham or oshawott moments

Journeys also seem to have the least amount of team rocket appearances and when they do appear it's mostly just Pikachu dealing with them or interacting with them and if not it's Lucario

When there's no Team Rocket you don't showcase the other Pokemon (like having the flying type go search for them or pop their balloon for example)

My only argument for that is, those appearances don't matter, yes it's good to remind everyone these are Ash’s Pokemon but for the most part, unless a Pokemon evolves or learns a new move those TRio encounters don't matter and aren't development unless you believe in the exp viewpoint (where every time Ash wins against them his Pokemon levels up, etc and is treated basically like just another trainer battle) which I don't

Also, the gaps between appearances like I know people were getting upset when xxx Pokemon we're gone for so long

And while I agree it's nice to see them do stuff I think it was just what the series was doing at the time, as during a lot of that period it was Goh and filler stuff so Ash wasn't doing much, and more recently Ash has been doing a lot and Goh not so much, therefore, his Pokemon are featured more so yes Journeys should have balanced them out more but I don't think xxxx Pokemon being gone for xx episodes is a bad thing, especially if during that time the focus wasn't on Ash

They've gotten better by letting Ash use Dragonite to fly, Dracovish for water stuff, Lucario for Aura sensing, etc... That way he wasn't essentially a bystander during Goh episodes

But I don't think it was a huge negative like others make it out to be

I guess my best example is Hawlucha, it had its wrestling/show off trait but it didn't really get a training episode after its debut or learn a new move or anything like that it was just used in gym battles a good amount and had some filler shine like the play episode with the other Hawlucha

Compare that to Sirfetch’d and it had its more loner personality as a Farfetch’d then it understood Ash in the Wikstrom episode then evolved against Rinto gaining it's more chivalrous/knight personality, and is still used in battles now
Long post short Ash’s journeys team is around that Kanto Hoenn and Sinnoh tier of development and enjoyment as they weren't as developed like XY or SM but more than BW or OSJohto imo as most of Ash’s Pokemon don't get as developed as it sounds and everyone in JN (except Dracovish kinda) has had their notable episode so far which puts them on par with a lot of Ash’s Pokemon in terms of development plus the series isn't done yet so things can still happen

View attachment 156729
While you may say that moments in which the characters had their Pokémon out were essentially just moments where they weren’t doing much, these moments were points that not only would show off the Pokémo’s own individual personalities but also present their dynamic between one another. An issue that people have even outside of their lack of appearances is the fact that this team doesn’t feel like a bonded unit like Ash’s previous teams and instead just feel like a group that was thrown together with no real relationship as a team.

Also, while you may find that Team Rocket antics were the only time that Ash’s other Pokémon got to shine, that’s completely untrue since Ash’s different Pokémon would be used to help in multiple different circumstances throughout the differ sagas even if TRio weren’t involved. Journeys has just been extremely lazy in that regard. A particularly egregious example would be in the Mewtwo episode where Ash and/or Go would be put into a situation where they were either in danger or encounter an obstacle only for Go to make use of a Pokémon to get them out of it that Ash could have easily used one of his for. Sinking in quicksand? Need to cross said bog? Getting swept away by rapids in a river? Why not use Dragonite or Gengar help in these scenarios rather than having Go swoop in to save the day? There is literally no reason why Ash’s Pokémon can’t be featured outside of Ash based episodes but the writers have been exceptionally lazy about Ash’s Pokémon in a way that no previous saga ever was.

While you may say that moments in which the characters had their Pokémon out were essentially just moments where they weren’t doing much, these moments were points that not only would show off the Pokémo’s own individual personalities but also present their dynamic between one another. An issue that people have even outside of their lack of appearances is the fact that this team doesn’t feel like a bonded unit like Ash’s previous teams and instead just feel like a group that was thrown together with no real relationship as a team.
Yeah I just mean more often than not, as yeah every so often you might get some character moment but that's more about the episode focus but most the time they're all just chilling and eating not showing any real personality.
And for the team bonding as a group, yeah they're like never on-screen together, but I guess I never really got the impression that Ash’s team prerequisite is to be a team/family with each other (like it's why people praise XY and SM team so much as they're more like that) as it's usually just certain Pokemon having dynamics with another Pokemon which I do admit are lacking here as there haven't been many occasions where he has more than one out at a time

Also, while you may find that Team Rocket antics were the only time that Ash’s other Pokémon got to shine, that’s completely untrue since Ash’s different Pokémon would be used to help in multiple different circumstances throughout the differ sagas even if TRio weren’t involved. Journeys has just been extremely lazy in that regard. A particularly egregious example would be in the Mewtwo episode where Ash and/or Go would be put into a situation where they were either in danger or encounter an obstacle only for Go to make use of a Pokémon to get them out of it that Ash could have easily used one of his for. Sinking in quicksand? Need to cross said bog? Getting swept away by rapids in a river? Why not use Dragonite or Gengar help in these scenarios rather than having Go swoop in to save the day? There is literally no reason why Ash’s Pokémon can’t be featured outside of Ash based episodes but the writers have been exceptionally lazy about Ash’s Pokémon in a way that no previous saga ever was
Around that time period like the Mewtwo episode are what I was referring to where there was a stretch where if it was a “Goh” episode Ash would do the least to let Goh “shine” which is sure a negative for Ash’s Pokemon but that's kinda what they we're going for at the time ( Also around that time people were having different conversation about other stuff like Goh not using his other Pokemon or using them as tools, etc so I feel that's more of a Goh consequence since he has all these Pokemon and can't use them all and they were trying there bat to use Goh correctly but that's another conversation) which is why I tried to bring up more recent examples since there has been more of an Ash focus lately
As now you see Ash use his other Pokemon more outside of battle, whether helping like Dracovish water gun or character stuff like eating with Bea’s Pokemon
So if you want to say that these moments now should have been more evenly spaced I won't argue that but to me it seemed they're going for earlier on (post darkest day) was more Goh focus and later was more Ash focus (lately)

Like I also think the episode format in journeys doesn't always help as they're are genuinely times where Ash doesn't need a Pokemon other than Pikachu for a long stretch
But I also think it's only really an issue as this is the series where Ash took a real step back as he’s now co-starring and it's hard to compare JN Ash to other Ash’s when he's kinda more on par with characters like Dawn in DP so far

Essentially all I'm saying is if XY and SM did the team thing the best then JN isn't on their level, sure
But they're not the worst team as I still think they're better than Johto and BW
And the dislike I've seen is just way out of proportion as to me especially recently they've been fixing a lot of their mistakes from earlier on but people keep holding onto them like it's unfixable acting like other series never had down stretches

So we're either going to get another BW anime where Ash is too dumb to know what rotation means and uses his worst Pokémon against Leon, ooor... they completely rush all development in the last 10 episodes.

I could easily see Ash end up wasting G Max Gengar, using Sirfetch'd as a fodder against a not vert effective move that it loses against and using Pikachu in every fight.

So we're either going to get another BW anime where Ash is too dumb to know what rotation means and uses his worst Pokémon against Leon, ooor... they completely rush all development in the last 10 episodes.

I could easily see Ash end up wasting G Max Gengar, using Sirfetch'd as a fodder against a not vert effective move that it loses against and using Pikachu in every fight.
I mean its been the Pikachu and Lucario show with special guest Dragonite so far.

Rotation as in his older Pokémon or just not doing proper switches in battle?

If it’s the former then I feel it would be a mix bag as either choice has pros and cons

What more development do they really need at this point honestly? We’re towards the end and his Pokémon gotten time to shine by now

Maybe not. If his last several matches with Volkner, Bea, and Marnie are any indication for the more difficult fights to come, he's fully capable of pragmatically switching when necessary and battling optimally with his various powerups.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom