• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Do you think Eevee will be rarer in the future?

Do you think how rare Eevee will be in Gen IV?

• Slightly rarer in Gen IV

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Super rare in Gen IV, with high-IV Eevee being scarce

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Same as before

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters

Rocket Zigzagoon

Sell a Flareon
Reaction score
With more and more Pokémon being added in future updates, many people can see Eevee being much rarer than it was before. But if Generation IV and onwards come in the future, do you think how rare Eevee will spawn in wild?

I expect Eevee to be super rare within Gen IV and onwards due to addition of Gen IV and future Eeveelutions. And newcomers will experience shortage of Eevee candies unless Niantic holds some Eevee-related events such as future Community Day or Eevee-related Week Events.

Considering how Eevee will be getting 2 evolutions new to GO in Gen IV, I can only see it becoming more common, even if the pool of possible spawns keeps increasing.
If anything, it could easily star in some event. Especially since Let's GO Eevee is coming and will have compatibility with GO.

Considering how Eevee will be getting 2 evolutions new to GO in Gen IV, I can only see it becoming more common, even if the pool of possible spawns keeps increasing.
I disagree with this part. With larger and larger number of Pokémon coming, especially Gen V who has the largest number of new Pokémon (even if there's no Eevee-esque equivalent), I can only see Eevee becoming rarer and rarer, to the Psuedo-Legendary levels which is rarer than starter levels. Since Eevee can be considered coveted, he'd not going to be any more common soon.

If anything, it could easily star in some event. Especially since Let's GO Eevee is coming and will have compatibility with GO.
I agree with this part though. Possibly Community Day or Eevee Week like I mentioned. They'd probably unlock all his Shiny variants since Niantic staff already have the files for them stored, as far as I know.

I disagree with this part. With larger and larger number of Pokémon coming, especially Gen V who has the largest number of new Pokémon (even if there's no Eevee-esque equivalent), I can only see Eevee becoming rarer and rarer, to the Psuedo-Legendary levels which is rarer than starter levels. Since Eevee can be considered coveted, he'd not going to be any more common soon.
They can just boost Eevee spawn rates to make up for it. Not all released Pokemon have the same rates, so even if more Pokemon get released with each gen, if the developers really want Eevee to stay as common it is now, which they have reasons to, they can do that.

They can just boost Eevee spawn rates to make up for it. Not all released Pokemon have the same rates, so even if more Pokemon get released with each gen, if the developers really want Eevee to stay as common it is now, which they have reasons to, they can do that.
Well, if they release Shiny Eevee, they'd make Eevee rarer outside events?

Agreed with Zexy on this one. We've actually discussed it a while ago IRL.
We're both saving up a lot of Eevee Candy in any case because Sylveon in particular is going to be very useful, but Leafeon/Glaceon might end up being good too.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom