• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • All members are allowed to express their opinions, no matter how unpopular, so long as they respect others and do not claim their opinion is the only valid opinion. While we understand that there is debate regarding Goh, someone posting an opinion you disagree with does not give you the right to attack them or report the content for trolling/baiting. This notice will serve as a 0-point warning and as such, Anime & Manga staff reserve the right to jump immediately to point warnings. For more information regarding our stance on arguments and debates, see this PSA.
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

Do you think Goh's Grookey is the worst starter a main character has ever had in the anime?

Is Goh's Grookey the worst starter owned by a main character?

• Yes

Votes: 43 79.6%
  • No

Votes: 11 20.4%

• Total voters

PkmnTrainerV

Flame Trainer
Reaction score
I swear Grookey better not evolve in that episode. Grookey absolutely doesn't deserve it right now and Goh has done, like with all the other starters, very little to earn it. Knowing this mess of a series though they will give Grookey the most undeserving evolution in Pokemon anime history.
It’s honestly brilliant how quickly they managed to outdo themselves for the same title after Drizzile > Inteleon.

Enzo

Reaction score
Pronouns
He/Him
It’s honestly brilliant how quickly they managed to outdo themselves for the same title after Drizzile > Inteleon.
Fandom: "Scorbunny's evolutions sucked and Sobble's were even worse!"
JN:
spongebobmeme.png

helperman

you gotta love ditto. avatar by Artuditwo
Reaction score
Pronouns
me,he
name one time that grookey caused any real trouble

Kurolegacy

Reaction score

helperman

Reaction score
Pronouns
me,he
i dont remember ash being blamed for it. and besides, those pokemon weren't very in sink so thus it probably would of happened sooner or later anyways

Kurolegacy

Reaction score
i dont remember ash being blamed for it. and besides, those pokemon weren't very in sink so thus it probably would of happened sooner or later anyways
Go literally said that Ash takes things too far when it came to the situation. And regardless of if it would have happened sooner or later doesn’t change the fact that it did happen because of Grookey messing around nor the fact that Go deflected the blame to someone else rather than owning up to it.

helperman

Reaction score
Pronouns
me,he
well team rockets always doing things like that i havent ever heard anyone complaining about them

Jewel the Quaxly

Duckies! :3
Reaction score
Pronouns
she/her
well team rockets always doing things like that i havent ever heard anyone complaining about them
Team Rocket are villains. Causing trouble for the protagonists is literally their point because they are the antagonists of the show. Grookey is not. We're supposed to be rooting for this monkey, but we have been given no reason to, as it's completely unsympathetic.

Unireon

僕の心は 君のもの
Reaction score
I don't know what the TRio has to do with that gremlin being so unsympathetic.

I will dare to say that they, at least, got rid of that pest.

It is absolutely impossible to root for that monkey, nor find it either cute or likeable.

helperman

Reaction score
Pronouns
me,he
well yes grookey has some issues but it still is a little bit of a exaderation to say its the worst

Unireon

僕の心は 君のもの
Reaction score
TR are Villains. They're SUPPOSED to do bad things and make you dislike them

Grookey is not a Villain
Well, the TRio can be sympathetic at times and there are people who love them.

That pest acts like a Little Devil and gets away with all the ruckus it causes.
Being a Karma Houdini, or to get others blamed for those misdeeds, is the worst thing about it.

helperman

Reaction score
Pronouns
me,he
Well, the TRio can be sympathetic at times and there are people who love them.

That pest acts like a Little Devil and gets away with all the ruckus it causes.
Being a Karma Houdini, or to get others blamed for those misdeeds, is the worst thing about it.
it dosent blame others for what it does. goh does that for him

HiroHunter

Limits can be broken!
Reaction score
it dosent blame others for what it does. goh does that for him
That doesn't make Grookey look better in fact that makes Goh look just as bad because instead of owning up to what Grookey does and teaching him that its wrong to do those things. He instead blames everyone else for any wrong doing his Grookey does.