• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you think Iris and Cilan would get along with Ash's older friends?

Did anyone predict that Misty would have met May and Max? Or May meeting Dawn?(long before it happened) I am sure we will see a crossover between Ash's old and new companions and I bet they will get along famously for the short time they will all be together. Interesting to see what kind of convos Dawn and Irish will have though since.... well they are the opposite of each other it seems

Did anyone predict that Misty would have met May and Max? Or May meeting Dawn?(long before it happened)

You mean before it happened? Sure, definitely. As soon as Dawn was confirmed to be a coordinator back when DP first started, everyone assumed May would meet her and battle her in a contest at some point...it just happened much earlier in DP than expected.

Likewise Misty meeting May/Max was also inevitable, since back then the main cast was much smaller and May was the first new main girl to come into the show, so it was fairly obvious they were going to do a "pass the torch" type thing with Misty/May.

Its probably for the same reason Misty didn't meet Dawn and may not meet Iris/Cilan, those characters didn't come directly after her so there was no reason to have them interact. Misty and Dawn were very obviously never going to meet in the anime, they had nothing in common and were separated by a generation, but it didn't stop people from speculating anyway.

For the record I don't beleive Iris/Cilan will meet any of Ash's older friends, but that's what fanfiction is for.

I think that that "ganging up" on Misty's side won't be nearly as "malicious" or serious as Iris's criticisms. She'd just play along because I think that Iris would remind her of herself when she was that hypercritical of him. Surely she couldn't resist fitting a few jabs at Ash for old time's sakes.

Now that you mentioned i remember Misty tending to playfully tease Ash being sarcastic when she appeared in Hoenn so i could definitely see her deciding to accept Iris game and play along in friendly manner of course.

I also agree how she might find Iris behavior annoying a bit which could set up ground for some tension being ignited between them.Like i said while more mature she always had certain doze of hotheadedness tending to be impulsive if provoked enough.

That aside i wander how would Tracey interact with Cilan and Iris?
I cant think of anything which he would have in common with this characters,perhaps he and Cilan might exchange their knowledge as pokemon watcher and connoisseur establishing some friendship but other than that not much.

Dawn and iris would be a bad clashing i could see Dawn going off on how outlandish and how weird iris hair style is and how she doesnt act like a normal girl iris is just 2 wild to be a good thong around Dawn

A good thong? What in the world... anyway I'm sure they'd get along fine most of Ash's freinds got along I don't see why it would be any different with Cilan and Iris

Personally, whoever Iris and Cilan met, i'd imagine that when Iris did her "such a kid" line, one Ash's old friends would say "Ash has his quirks, but he really does have a good head on his shoulders. Even if he doesn't always use it" or something like that. Makes sense, since they know him better than Iris does.

Hmm I thought about this before so this is what I think:

Iris and Misty: They would defiently clash and find each other annoying at first and then end up friends and picking on Ash together. They would probably have fun doing something.

Iris and Tracey: I don't see anything and this is not just because I don't like Tracey

Iris and May: There could be something, but Iris isn't really the type to jump onto the contest bagwagon... This goes for the same thing with Iris and Dawn. Dawn and May are better off being best friends.

Iris and Brock: Hmm maybe I'm not sure what to make of this.

Iris and Max: I see Iris as a girl who loves kids so I think they would be great friends like Misty and Max were together. Maybe they would play in the woods together.

~*~*~*~*~
Cilan and Misty: Hmm an intersting combo I'm not sure how they would work at first but they would probably get along well.

Cilan and Tracey: I dunno about this one

Cilan and May: Hmm again interesting combo. I am not sure at all what to say about these two

Cilan and Max: I'm all ears for other's thoughts on this.

Cilan and Dawn: Man I like this they would probably get a long great and have some fun together. I can see them becoming friends.

Cilan and Brock: They would be the best of friends probably, exchange cooking recipes and the liking. Both have been this older brother character to Ash and his friends.

I think Cilan and Brock would be good friends. Iris and Misty could potentially clash. Dawn/May/Max pretty much get on with everyone, don't they?

Of course they would get along, how is that even a question? this is pokémon.Unless your name is Shinji and you have some kind of personality going on,you will get along with everyone and be best friends forever just by being in the same show.

Now, if the purpose of this thread is to make us fantasize about such meetings,ok,lets play the purpose-less what if game.

Dento would spend day and night alone with Brock having heartfelt talks about their favorite things, like how electric types are effective over water types. Or how when a pokemon is in a white light it means that "ZOMG SATOSHI IT IS EVOLVING"

Hikari and Dento would open an industry focused on creating sparkle-based water-prove products.

Iris and Kasumi would bond over at instant,I don't see why we even have to discuss this. If they met you know they would be best mates. Iris and Kasumi would just spend decades having fun together doing the things they love

which are:
a)doing nothing.
b)doing nothing useful.
c) complaining over satoshi doing useful things.

Wonderful potential friendships indeed.Shame we will never see these amazing character dynamics.What a loss for the world of fictional writing and animation.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom