• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you think Jessie will continue with contests next generation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashfangirl22

I love Ash.
Reaction score
Guess it depends on what the new girl is advertizing.
What do you think?

Re: Do you think Jessie will continye with contests next generation?

If the next region has contests, then yes.

Why would she all of a sudden randomly stop? Especially now that she's actually winning some Contests and even got to the GF
(and no, I don't think it's possible we won't have Contest next gen)

This is what I think also.

(Plus it makes Musashi even more interesting, so yes please.)

Of course she will xDU She loves contest and she loves to be the star of the show too xDU And it was a really achievement for her character :3 I love Jessie to be a coordinator ^__^ I think that isn't matter what the new girl advertises, She'll continue doing contests :3
And even more, If the new girl doesn't do contests I think that Jessie could take the role of the principal coordinator ^__^

Well even if the main girl is doing something different I believe that Jessie will continue with contests promoting them still which would be good because it means that there could be an even more developed story line. It also means some old rivals may appear specifically for Jessie with probably a new one or two appearing as well. Now this would make for some interesting viewing.

This, and only this.

I wonder what they will make her do if there's no contests (of course it's the same what the main girl does, but how would they make Musashi quit contests so suddenly?).

I'd like for Jessie to get new rivals for contests.
Just, the reason why I thought she'd give up contests is if she got beat really early in the Grand Festival. Than again, who knows she does like the spotlight and is trying to improve like some one said.

Like has been said, if Contests stay, so will Musashi's involvement in them. If new girl does something else, then that's it. Musashi isn't important enough to do Contests by herself and get her own rivals, sadly.

Just, the reason why I thought she'd give up contests is if she got beat really early in the Grand Festival.

I don't know why that would make her quit. If anything, she'd just be more determinded like she always gets.

Than again, who knows she does like the spotlight

I think what I love the most about her Contest arc is that that's diminished quite a bit. :-D

People don't realize that Jessie's involvement in contests was more of a novelty since the main girl was doing them. She was originally comic relief so we could watch her bomb every contest and then in DP most of her wins came off-screen with limited screentime.

You ever notice that with the exception of the James/Mamoswine contest, NONE of Jessie's ribbon wins got full screentime? The 3 Jessie won herself we only saw literally half (or 2 minutes of in some cases) the contest, and the final one she got a freebie from the princess.

Jessie's ribbon wins got very limited screentime in DP, and from the looks of things her role in the Grand Festival will be small as well. There is no possible way they will keep an arc going just for her if the new girl is not a coordinator.

It just doesn't fit. She'll either be forced to give up Contests or something else.

Why would she all of a sudden randomly stop? Especially now that she's actually winning some Contests and even got to the GF

I agree, I think it is detrimental to her character development if all of a sudden she stops doing contests. It just doesn't make sense.

(Plus it makes Musashi even more interesting, so yes please.)

Yep! And I think some people might have a higher opinion of her after she started doing contests, and especially after she started winning them :)

And even more, If the new girl doesn't do contests I think that Jessie could take the role of the principal coordinator ^__^

As much as I would love this, I don't see it happening because as Scott mentioned, she didn't get a lot of screen time in the first place. And I don't think the anime would spare time for her to become the principal coordinator, unfortunately.

Would it make sense for Jessie to suddenly stop Contests? No, not really.

But will it have to happen if the next girl is not a coordinator? Yep.

Its possible the new region for some reason doesn't have any Contest halls and Jessie will be shocked to realize this when they get there.

Yep! And I think some people might have a higher opinion of her after she started doing contests, and especially after she started winning them :)
Yeah, not only because she started winning them, but thanks to them, she matured a lot as well ;)

As much as I would love this, I don't see it happening because as Scott mentioned, she didn't get a lot of screen time in the first place. And I don't think the anime would spare time for her to become the principal coordinator, unfortunately.
Yeah, the main girl will get some activity for sure, and if it's not contests, then it will be hard to find spare time for Musashi's contests as well, sadly D:

I wonder how the writers are going to make her quit? I hope it won't be some lame reason. And if it appears that the next region doesn't have contests, she would probably have to decide whether she's going to become a Coordinator on full-time and leave Team Rocket or to stay with her friends and quit the contests at all.

This.

Bit I'd love to see James actively participating in Pokeathlons. xD He does seem to have a knack for sporty things like the Pokeringer.

Oh, I hope so. <3 I think doing contests has done wonders for her character, even though I also loved her back in the day when she gave no thought to being a coordinator at all. Besides, she has no reason to stop.

I think contests could be dropped next season. They're getting old and the writers never wait to long before pulling the comfortable rug from under our feet.

However, if they do continue than I see no reason why Jessie wont be competing as usual.

She should if they`re there and i hope there`s an upset in this GF and Jessie wins it:p

Nah she'll win the Sinnoh contests and be boring all next saga.

If the contests stay (Please Arceus let them stay!) Jessie'll do them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom