1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. If your account is currently registered using an @aol.com, @comcast.net or @verizon.net email address, you should change this to another email address. These providers have been rejecting all emails from @bulbagarden.net email addresses, preventing user registrations, and thread/conversation notifications. If you have been impacted by this issue and are currently having trouble logging into your account, please contact us via the link at the bottom right hand of the forum home, and we'll try to sort things out for you as soon as possible.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Want to talk to fellow Pokémon fans in real time? Join the discussions on our public Discord server!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Hello, everyone. We've made a few edits to the rules here and here effective immediately, so please read them! Thanks in advance.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. A new episode of Bulbanews Weekly Update can be found on YouTube here.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. For those who haven't noticed yet, Bulbacast Episode 10 has been uploaded to Youtube. Watch it here.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you think Mawile and Absol should be available in wild in the future?

Discussion in 'Pokémon GO' started by Rocket Zigzagoon, May 10, 2018.

1. Rocket Zigzagoon

Rocket Zigzagoon A stray dog that runs like a rocket.

Blog Posts:
    Self-explanatory.

These two Raid-only Pokémon has never been spawned in wild, but Mawile's counterpart, Sableye, has been spawned in wild for a while since Halloween event.

Do you have opinion on when and why should Absol and Mawile should appear as wild Pokémon?

2. Zexy

Zexy Fire Chicken

Blog Posts:
    I suspect these two are going to be Gen III Raid staples. But as soon as Gen IV is released, I guess they'll get rotated out of Raids and become available in the wild, with some new Gen IV Pokemon taking their place.

Rocket Zigzagoon likes this.
  3. Rocket Zigzagoon

Blog Posts:
    Maybe. But what Pokémon do you think will replace them in raids, then?

But personally, I would want to see Absol as Field Research rewards. Battling it alone is very disgusting for me.

4. Zexy

Zexy Fire Chicken

Blog Posts:
    Not sure. Probably some other non-evolving species introduced in Gen IV.

That would also be a nice way to include them in the future, if they absolutely don't want to release them wild.

5. Rocket Zigzagoon

Blog Posts:
    Would you mind Pachirisu, Carnivine, Spiritomb or Rotom be Raids-only?

6. Zexy

Zexy Fire Chicken

Blog Posts:
    Spiritomb and Rotom are quite likely, considering they are special encounters and you can't just find them in the wild.
    Pachirisu I seriously doubt, it's analog to Plusle/Minun if anything. Carnivine seems like a possible wild encounter too.

7. Hidden Mew

Hidden Mew Administrator
    Deputy Head Administrator

Blog Posts:
    I'd be happy if they included Mawile and Absol in eggs. I'm pretty sure that Sableye is still available to hatch, although I don't know why they put it within the ten kilometer egg group. I like the idea of Absol being a Field Research reward too. I haven't been able to find a Mawile Raid Boss yet, but I would be able to beat it and capture it most likely. Since Absol is at a higher level, I'd have a pretty hard time defeating it alone.

8. Zexy

Zexy Fire Chicken

Blog Posts:
    Sableye is also available in the wild, and if I remember correctly, it's down to 5km Eggs now.
    Absol is absolutely not soloable, under any circumstances, as all Level 4 Raids. It has been tried with maxxed out perfect Machamp in Cloudy and the best said player can do is to drop its health bar to red in the given time. It is the easiest Level 4 Raid Boss to 2-man, however.

Rocket Zigzagoon likes this.