• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you think Meloetta's voice will be dubbed?

PTOldMan

Reaction score
So, do you think Meloetta's voice will be dubbed? On one hand, all Meloetta seems to say is its name, which is the same in both languages. On the other hand, it wouldn't be the first time the dub changed a Pokémon's voice without reason, iirc.

I hope not. I don't have faith the English VA will be able to sing.

Meloetta used relic song and close combat - YouTube

What exactly needs to be dubbed??? Theirs no words, and it's a pretty girly voice already. As above posters have said, all she says is her name, and they don't usually dub those.

Plus as someone above sing why make hard work for yourself in finding a voice for Meloetta who can also sing, when one has already been found and recorded for you?

TPCI has had a pretty shitty track record when it comes to keeping pokemon voices whose names are the same in both versions, so I'm not really holding my breath. Of course, logic and common sense would dictate that the voice *doesn't* get dubbed, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if the dubbers just up and changed it for no reason.

Well they kept Phione and Victini's voices, so I think Meloetta keeping its Japanese voice is fairly likely. At the moment, Pokemon that get dubbed voices when they don't really need them (e.g. Emboar, Gigalith) are ones the evolve from Pokemon that already had dub voices. Swanna seems to be the only exception there, but it debuted before Ducklett, anyway. Where it's a single Pokemon or the whole line keeps fairly Japanese-y names (Munna/Musharna, Emolga, Archen/Archeops) the voices tend to be kept.

Did the dub keep Marill's voice when it sang? Or is the fact all Pokemon sing like Jigglypuff a dub invention?

is strange in Jigglypuff case, it sings and has diferents names (and voices) in jap and here
[video=youtube;upevaBiJ-g8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upevaBiJ-g8[/video]
perhaps there is a possibility that the dub will do a good work, the problem is that current voices give me migraine (Krokorok for example)

I really, really hope not. Its voice is fine as it is (especially when it's singing) and I can only imagine how badly the dub would slaughter it if they attempted to recreate it...

There's no need to. Her English name is Meloetta, and she speaks in her own melo melo words. Hopefully, the dubs will keep her original voice

Although they have dubbed the voice of singing pokemon before I hope not. It is fine as it is and as their names are the same it will kind of be a waste of time to dub it. But as you say its happened before so who knows?

Most Legendary Pokemon keep to keep their Japanese voices as long as they don't talk, so I'm cautiously optimistic. At the very least, they HAVE to keep that lovely singing voice (go figure if anyone at TPCI could carry a tune if it had handles).

Guess we'll find out come, oh, late October or early November.

No Offense but I seriously hope that does not happen. I hope she keeps her japanese voice.

I know this thread is old, but I needed to point this out. Meloetta has indeed been dubbed. I'm guessing they changed her voice because you could hear the R's in her speech, however I don't think that is a good reason.

Meloetta's speaking voice is the same one from the Japanese version, it's Meloetta's singing voice which sounds different.

Meloetta's speaking voice is the same one from the Japanese version, it's Meloetta's singing voice which sounds different.

I should have known they would pull a move like that...I really wonder why they do what they do.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom