• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you think that Ash should have challenged Drayden and Cheren?

ManUtd22

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

As we all know, it is an unexpected thing from the leaders not allow ash to challenge the entire Gym Leaders, but this what the writers did in the Unova. He did challenge the entire gym leaders, even the newer one Chiren challenged him. He did challenge all unova gym leaders, and the entire gym leaders in the entire regions, except Draidon.

I am sure that you will say that he challenged Chiren in unofficial match, and he lost, but still it is a match, but he didn't do that with draidon, even in a single unofficial match.

So, what do you think of that? Do you think that Ash should challenge Draidon?

...Who are Draidon and Chiren, again?
They are the gym leaders in BW, and BW2, Draidon for Dragon type gym in BW, BW2, and chiren the friend of you in BW, and the Normal Type gym leader in BW2

Drayden was more of a challenge for Iris so I didn't see much need for Ash to battle him. It would have been nice, but honestly, I couldn't have seen Ash doing all too well against Drayden anyway. He didn't have much of anything to handle dragon-types, with his team anyway. He had 2 water types, 2 grass types, a fire type, and an electric type who's strongest moves had little effect on dragon types, a flying-type who overall under performed in many battles who I could easily see falling to Drayden's Pokemon, and neutral options of Krokoroc, Scraggy, and Boldore being weak to Haxorus's Rock Smash. And I know this is the anime and they could easily have made Ash win with this team, but regardless, I feel that Roxie was a better option in comparison.

I didn't see much of a reason for him to have a real battle Cheren either. He already had all of his badges at that point and there was really no need for him to. Switching Roxie for Cheren could have been interesting, but assuming Ash had all of his badges by the time he got to Cheren, then I don't think an official battle was necessary.

I don't think Ash battling Drayden would have been a good decision. He was more involved with Iris's storyline and Ash's team really didn't have anything to match up against his Dragon Pokemon. Yeah, they easily could have had Ash win even with his lackluster team, but it would have felt especially forced, even among his other Gym battle victories in Unova. Even Iris's battle against Drayden was pretty lackluster and she had evolved Pokemon to use, so I doubt that Ash's battle would have been significantly better. As terrible as the battle against Roxie was, I think it was the better option. If Ash had to struggle against her three Poison type Pokemon, then there's little chance he would have been able to get a better and more believable victory against Drayden.

Cheren could have been more interesting at least, especially if they did connect him back to Bianca in some way, but there wouldn't be much of a point in having a full Gym battle against him. Ash already had all of the Gym badges he needed, so he didn't have to have another one for Cheren. If we had seen Cheren throughout the series to slowly buildup him becoming a Gym Leader, then that could have led to a bigger battle against the two, but it was still ultimately unnecessary for Ash to have a Gym battle challenge against him.

yes and the water type gym of that generation would hve been also good if it was chalenged.

But maybe trening battles before the league not for badges.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom