• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you think that It is a time for BW023, and BW024, and for the entire banned episodes to appear?

I don't know why they just couldn't be released on DVD later. That way at least the viewer would be aware of what they're about to see and emotionally prepared, not surprised by it while watching TV.
I didn't know earthquakes were such a touchy subject in Japan. I know there's been some pretty devastating ones including the Fukushima incident, and I totally understand if some parents would be concerned about upsetting any traumatized kids with PTSD from the experience, but a lot of other kids plus older fans could probably take it. But like someone said, the Pokemon company doesn't exactly cater to older fans, so...
It's a shame, all that work the animators and voice actors put in to those two (important) episodes. But if the other banned episodes can eventually make it on to the internet somehow, maybe we can still hope.

If TV Tokyo were to eventually release it (and that's if they ever do), there'd have to be a good reason to do so. I can't see them releasing 'banned' episodes like this out of the blue. Really, I'd say the best bet would probably be to wait until we get around to having Game Freak make BW remakes.

For more I wanted to see those skipped Plasma-dan episodes... The chances of eventual airings are zero.

I really don't understand their reasoning though, spending lots of time and money that were wasted at this point. Of course they couldn't be aired back in 2011, but what about the internet? Or airing them as special episodes?
The same goes to the AG one...

And if they can't air them for some reason, how about feeding us informations? Like what'd happen if they'd aired? I don't like this silence and pretending they never existed, really...

It's been 6 years and 2 full series to a 3rd

It's not going to air.

They already recycled the scenes from that and used them in Meloetta's arc.

Who knows. They might air it on Pokenchi or the equivalent, somewhat 10 years after, as an anniversary thing.
Didn't they re-air Holiday Hi-Jynx (edited purple version) in 2012 during Pokemon Smash? That's more than 10 years after Holiday Hi-Jynx originally aired.

Didn't they re-air Holiday Hi-Jynx (edited purple version) in 2012 during Pokemon Smash? That's more than 10 years after Holiday Hi-Jynx originally aired.
But was that episode ever "banned" in Japan? I'm sure I remember reading that the blackface version played in the interim.

But was that episode ever "banned" in Japan? I'm sure I remember reading that the blackface version played in the interim.
Oh no. It was never banned in Japan. It never had any problems in Japan.

I don't think they'll ever air any of the banned episodes officially, because of the original reasons behind banning them. But I would like to hold out hope that perhaps they'll be leaked, somehow...who knows when/how that would happen, but I know a lot of things (like unreleased games or TV show episodes) that resurfaced decades after everyone seemed to forget about them. Perhaps when they loosen their grip (if they ever do), something like that will happen.

Then... it's not really comparable is it?
What?
My point is, they can show older episodes later, even after 10 years on the Pokenchi equivalent, once the issues aren't sensitive anymore.
So it's still possible to show an unairred episode once the issue becomes less sensitive.

But there was never any issue with that Rougela/Jynx episode in Japan for them to have to leave a gap before showing it. I'm afraid I really don't think you can extrapolate this example to the BW episodes (which is a shame as I would love to see them).

The writer of the Porygon episode must have hated Porygon so much that he made sure that it'll never appear again in the anime.

I'm pretty sure that the writing staff simply decided to snub Porygon so as to not reopen old wounds after the seizure incident, not because any of them hated Porygon itself.

Both Porygon and GS Ball appeared in SM020

Screenshot_2018-10-11-23-56-06-1.png

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom