• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you think the Westernization of Pokemon Black and White is a good thing?

I find it funny that people say that the game isn't "Japanese" enough, when they're playing the game in Japanese xD Just pointing that out.

But I do kinda prefer that a Japanese game stays with the Japanese trademark. I kinda liked playing a game where everyone was the same.... ethnicy.

I love how all these Japanophiles/weeabos are the ones complaining. Get THE FUCK over it. :)

I think its a good thing that they are westernizing the games because it adds a bit of diversity to the games.

Last edited:
A bit harsh, but yeah. Why can't GF get inspiration from stuff outside of Japan? :I

I think it's fine, and I don't understand the big kerfuffle over the whole Aloe thing. EMBRACE DIVERSITY, all you people. People of other races exist, not just white/asian. I don't want her to be edited. While things like Jynx could be made too seem like mocking other races, things like the whole Aloe thing serve to help celebrate diversity, at least from what I can tell.

The only thing that bugged me was the english name change of the region to Unova, because Unova is probably the worst name I can think of, besides, "the zone of ass-wipery"

I really would like future games to have more temples and other ancient architectures instead of modern buildings. Maybe have it based on Greek/Roman cultures.

Why would it matter? >.> It's just a few little changes. Still the good ol' Pokeymanz to me.

It makes the game feel more realistic and more diverse (not really, but eh) So yeah, I think it is.

I really wish that if they had to base a region off of somewhere outside Japan, they'd choose someplace cooler, like Canada (no pun intended), Europe, or Australia.

I really wish that if they had to base a region off of somewhere outside Japan, they'd choose someplace cooler, like Canada (no pun intended), Europe, or Australia.

Well, I do want an Australia region, though if people complain so much about this one, the chances of other places being made are...
Well, you know, fan reactions and stuff.

that's kind of insulting to Americans. But whatever. I think that having Pokemon Black and White westernized was a good move. After four generations of the same thing, they needed to switch it up a bit, and having Gen V somewhere other than Japan allowed them to turn a new chapter in the Pokemon franchise.

and America is pretty damn cool.

that's kind of insulting to Americans. But whatever. I think that having Pokemon Black and White westernized was a good move. After four generations of the same thing, they needed to switch it up a bit, and having Gen V somewhere other than Japan allowed them to turn a new chapter in the Pokemon franchise.

and America is pretty damn cool.

I'm smellin' the tiniest of jealousy from a lot of members who think that Nintendo could've "done better" which comes off as "WHY THE FUCK DOES AMERICA GET A REGION BASED ON IT AMERICA SUCKS!". Pretty sucky n insultin' to Americans in the grand scheme of things.

In my honest opinion, you really cannot top basing it off New York. I've been to Canada and NYC. Canada's awesome, but it's freaking New York City. It's one of the most iconic place on the north american continent. Having Unova based on it is not a bad thing.

In my honest opinion, you really cannot top basing it off New York. I've been to Canada and NYC. Canada's awesome, but it's freaking New York City. It's one of the most iconic place on the north american continent. Having Unova based on it is not a bad thing.

I would be inclined to agree, As a small note of Trivia, I believe every Region's real life basis has had a Pokemon Center in it at least once in it's History. We had one until it became Nintendo world.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom