• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you think there are some Metal Gear Rising OST that oddly fits with within a Pokemon game or general media?

koopa990

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
WIth or without the vocal singing tracks, I can sort of see it! Minus the explicit lyrics.

Funnily enough, I sometimes envision the final 2 fights of Black & White with the final 2 battle tracks in MGRR — only that the penultimate battle (N) gets the last theme (It Has To Be This Way) while the last battle (Ghetsis) gets the penultimate theme (Collective Consciousness).

The former theme does have some lyrics about ideology being the only thing separating Raiden and Armstrong, which I think can be applied to the protagonist and N.

Meanwhile, Collective Consciousness literally opens with “The unenlightened masses”, and goes on with lyrics about the erosion of freedom. Seeing how Ghetsis’ plan for Team Plasma’s takeover of Unova was built off deception and the forced separation of people and Pokemon, it’s pretty easy to connect the two for me.

Funnily enough, I sometimes envision the final 2 fights of Black & White with the final 2 battle tracks in MGRR — only that the penultimate battle (N) gets the last theme (It Has To Be This Way) while the last battle (Ghetsis) gets the penultimate theme (Collective Consciousness).

The former theme does have some lyrics about ideology being the only thing separating Raiden and Armstrong, which I think can be applied to the protagonist and N.

Meanwhile, Collective Consciousness literally opens with “The unenlightened masses”, and goes on with lyrics about the erosion of freedom. Seeing how Ghetsis’ plan for Team Plasma’s takeover of Unova was built off deception and the forced separation of people and Pokemon, it’s pretty easy to connect the two for me.
Hahah I like your thinking.

I can't imagine hearing Ghetsis reciting done Armstrong's words like, "time to end this! You're going out with a bang!"

Back
Top Bottom