• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you think there could be a region where there are both - mega stones and Z-moves?

How about this: Megas take the spotlight, but maybe somebody from alola could be on vacation in the post-game in the region that game is set in and could give you a z-crystal.

I think they will continue doing what they did to Megas in Gen VII. They will introduce a new gimmick (maybe Hyper Abilities) and leave Megas and Z-Crystals in a hidden place that you can only access post-game. This may complicate the metagame further, but it allows them to market and milk a new flashy feature, and GF is a business after all. I also expect the return of Gyms and the removal of Ride Pokémon. They already stopped making new regional variants with USUM and I don't see that returning.

All I have to say is:

Outside of Greninja, I am not a fan of the final starter evolutions from Gen VI. Okay, I'm trying Delphox this time and its cry legitimately sounds like "WHAT THE F$&@!?" which is pretty endearing. But overall? "Eh," to, "Why would you do that!?" Yes, Chesnaught made me break my ritual of always picking the grass starter, despite Chespin being adorable and calling my name. Yes, I overreacted. STILL.

However.

If they do not get Megas I will riot. What an absolute joke it was to give the starters from Gen I (and Gen III, but much less so) Megas, but leave out the starring starters in their own game that introduces the concept. I love the Kantomon, don't get me wrong. Bulbasaur was my first and while I chose squirtle this run, because Wartortle is the cutest, I'd have rather they both got stones or only VI. I fully understand Charizard and Co.'s necessary appearance to sell a radical new idea, especially when you can promote one that finally makes the flying lizard a dragon. Sometimes. But the whole concept as theorized by the professor is:

"Mega Evolution can only be achieved if there is a strong bond between a Trainer and its Pokémon."

That's kind of an unforgivable oversight, especially if this is someone's first Pokemon game. Sorry, kiddo. I guess you're not really that close to the Pokemon you started your adventure with.

How about this: Megas take the spotlight, but maybe somebody from alola could be on vacation in the post-game in the region that game is set in and could give you a z-crystal.
or the first gym leader comes from Alola and gives you a Z-crystal of your personal choice, the next gym leader could itroduce a mega stone,or it could be the 7 or 8 gym leader for fun.
Would be cool to have more options.

Plus somewhere in some new regions need to be more new mega stones or ways to megaevolve the rest of the starters, now we got only gen III and VI where they found them and brough it up, but maybe some new region also discovered it and found new ones for other regions.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom