• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you think they'll do anything special for the 1,000th episode?

Frillish and Amoonguss were pretty forgettable, they had no personality

Nor did Lickitung, which is no one was upset when Wobbuffet replaced it
I can't argue with that. But what about the others?

It would have been neat if we had a group poster of all of Satoshi's old friends in the SM style. Perhaps if some of them are showing up later in the series the staff didn't want to spoil their redesigns?

Nor did Lickitung, which is no one was upset when Wobbuffet replaced it

Hey now ;-;

But Pumpjin was pretty popular, that argument can't be applied to it.

From what I gathered, yeah. It and Maika were the first time since DP a Rocket Pokemon had any personality and focus episodes.
That's true, but I never felt that either as Bakeccha or Pumpjin it was "popular" per se. Maaiika was featured in a f load of merch which Pumpjin never matched, except at Halloween-time. It's a similar dynamic to Mimikyu and Hidoide now.

Now in English, how many episodes that they reached? and how many episodes that they need to reach 1000 episode?

AND thank you

Now in English, how many episodes that they reached? and how many episodes that they need to reach 1000 episode?

AND thank you
Considering Mallow and the Forest Teacher! airs next Saturday, it would be 11 more episodes till the dub reaches the 1000th episode (as per the Japanese counting; it still wouldn't be the 1000th episode for the dub, technically).

Considering Mallow and the Forest Teacher! airs next Saturday, it would be 11 more episodes till the dub reaches the 1000th episode (as per the Japanese counting; it still wouldn't be the 1000th episode for the dub, technically).

Thank you very much for the answer, so in Japan they finish the 1000

The reason that I asked about English that I didn't say the English version from the beginning of the XY

Last edited:
Come on, no Dokukeiru or Chirin?!! The two Pokemon who were given really touching farewells didn't make the cut?! The Bw ones or Beroringa, meh. Pampjin I don't care that much either.

Come on, no Dokukeiru or Chirin?!! The two Pokemon who were given really touching farewells didn't make the cut?! The Bw ones or Beroringa, meh. Pampjin I don't care that much either.
Yes, it would have been dreamy to have everyone in this image (@martianmister did a fine job several posts back), but really if some had to be left out - Dokucale and Chirean had their moments in the spotlight. IDGAF about Chirean but Dokucale was my favourite of Musashi's pokemon and I'm satisfied that it could not have had a finer swan song and if it had to be left out of this celebratory image so that Pokemon that never had a proper farewell could be in it, then so be it!

I'm less happy that Megayanma got cut but at the end of the day, this image was an unexpected bonus which serves to remind that yes, someone else out there still remembers the TRio's old pokemon. I'm not going to look this gift horse in the mouth.

In case anyone is interested, at the even to commemorate the 1000th episode, Kaito Ishikawa was there.

Well, we knew by what the episode was about that it wouldn't be that special of an episode. They did do giveaways afterwards, so I guess that kind of counts.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom