• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you think they'll replace Iris with White later on?

What do you think?

• Yes

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • No

Votes: 83 94.3%

• Total voters
I don't expect to. Iris was settled as a main character and I think she'll stay as so even after she is 'revealed' to be a Gym Leader or something.

...and I don't think this will be shortest series, at least by a large difference.

I could see White making an appearance, but not replacing Iris.

And just because BW is moving fast doesn't mean it will be short.

To me, I don't think Iris will be replaced by White. Maybe a girl from the 6th generation after Best Wishes but not White. I see it as Dento and Iris being opposite colors who adventures with Ash. At first I didn't like Iris because of her appearance but it grew onto me a whole lot. She seems pretty awesome especially from what I saw in the BW09 preview.

Why would Iris get replaced by another character from Black and White. If she was to be replaced, she should be replaced by character in the next Gen.

As much as I'd love them to, I can't see this happening. They didn't replace Misty with Yellow...

I remebered when Iris first appeared I was so excited for a time-skip because of the whole older appearance thing. Plus she had an awesome design. Iris is fine, but the lack of a time skip was a bit of a letdown.

White wasn't popluar enough to be in the pokemon anime,but Iris is popluar then her to be in the BW series and Iris isn't going anywere anytime soon.

The 4 gen characters will not be coming back and contest are long gone thank god,besides the BW series is a reboot,it will only have new 5 gen pokemon.

I don't see why they would not stick with Iris until the end of the BW saga and I'd much prefer that she did stay, given how much I like her so far.

I definitely can't see that happening. Besides, I don't want Iris to be replaced--when I first saw her I really wished they used Touko's design instead, but I've fallen in love with Iris now. But it would still be cool if they put Touko in a few episodes like they did with Lyra.

No. There is no reason to think that White will make any sort of appearance in the anime outside of a possible cameo at the opening of the BW Movie like they have done in the past. If they were planning on using White in the anime, she would have taken the place of Iris.

I hope so. White is hot! I don't think they would do that. I hope she'll be in the show but not as a major character. Like zoey.

Last edited:
Well White might appear in a short arc like Kotone. That would be nice. Don't know exaclty what she'd do, other than maybe battle Ash. Interesting if she appeared with Cheren, and they were both rivals of Ash.

Again I don't know why they wouldn't give her some appearance.

Let's hope she doesn't become like Leaf and never appear at all.

I hope so. White is hot! (That was intended to be slashed out but I didn't know how lol) I don't think they would do that. I hope she'll be in the show but not as a major character. Like zoey.

[noparse]text you want slashed[/noparse]

I honestly don't care. White doesn't appeal to me as a character, no offense. If she's just stuffed in a movie cameo, I wouldn't mind *dodges tomatoes*

And White would never replace Iris...that'd just be disrespectful.

I couldn't really see it. Kasumi wasn't replaced by Kris in the middle of Johto.

Plus, I just don't like Touko's design. After Dogasu mentioned that she looked like Amy Winehouse, I couldn't unsee it.

I couldn't really see it. Kasumi wasn't replaced by Kris in the middle of Johto.

I really don't see how that could have happened when the series was in a transition period in Johto, with Takeshi Shudo stepping down as the lead writer in the middle of it.

Likewise why replace a character in the middle of an arc? Kris would have only been around for about 50 eps at best anyway, and she would have had to leave too.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom