• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Do you think Victoria and Gloria will face past protagonists?

RC821

Reaction score
It would be great if they do something similar to the legendaries in USUM but with battling the past protagonists instead located in each different location via a portal.

I don't think we'll be seeing any portals/multiverses this time around.

I don't think so, but I'd love if they battled each other. I'm personally hoping character you don't play as will appear as a minor character and battle you at some point.

Battling other protagonists that appear from portals seems really weird and out of place so I don't think that will happen, however, I can see a variant of the Pokémon World Tournament appearing in the post game with possible protagonist appearances considering Galar's heavy focus on battles and battling culture. There could even be a tie-in with Masters.

If not another PWT, then there's still a chance that the one you don't pick just shows up randomly as an NPC. Like maybe after you beat all the gym leaders and whatever replaces the E4...Victor/Gloria just comes in and congratulates you.

Having the other protag you don't pick be an opponent you fight would be neat. If not, they could make them a battle partner in Galar's regional Battle Tower equivalent. I do not like the whole portal thing since it"s a lazy excuse for a cameo :censored:

I'm not too sure about how many characters we'll be able to battle from other regions though. I doubt there will be a full PWT, mainly because of Dexit. We don't know how many Pokemon are being cut, but it would be strange to fight certain trainers if their signature Pokemon don't make it in. Same goes for protagonists, who I'd assume would have all the starters of their respective region like Red. We'd still probably see at least one battleable cameo character like Cynthia or Steven again.

Tbh, Masters made me think we could have gotten a PWT since 3D models now exist for a lot of older characters, but we'll see what they decide to do. I don't want Masters to be the excuse for never seeing a PWT-like facility/feature again in a main game.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom