• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you think we need a new Japanese opening?

Hellion

Child of the Atom
Reaction score
Ever since the beginning of Best Wishes, we have seen the same opening animation and heard the same song at the beginning of every episode. Do you think we should get a new opening? Do you think the current one still feels fresh? Discuss.

The music itself, I'm actually pretty content with. It's cheery, upbeat and energetic, and really helps get you in the mood for some mediocre children's show action.

But I do think that the actual animation has long since outstayed it's welcome. It's original purpose of introducing various pokemon and shrouding them in mystery worked back then, since the games had just been released and all of these guys were relatively unknown and a big deal. Now though, it's lost that edge, and without it, the footage itself isn't really all that interesting.
And yeah, I'll be the first to admit I miss the hand-drawn animation.

I'd be content if the song stayed for the rest of the series.

Grave-E said:
It's original purpose of introducing various pokemon and shrouding them in mystery

I don't think that's the case. I think it's neat that we got a bunch of pokemon hidden in the shadows until they debuted in the TV series, yeah, but I don't think saying "the purpose of the opening is to introduce the new pokemon" is at all accurate.

The purpose of the opening is to, well, signal the start of the show. I think it's serving that purpose wonderfully.

Ever since the beginning of Best Wishes, we have seen the same opening animation and heard the same song at the beginning of every episode. Do you think we should get a new opening? Do you think the current one still feels fresh? Discuss.
Off course , Off course , Off course !
We need a new opening !
The Current one SUCK'S ! Even Kids over 3 year old don't like this !
We need a New opening that filled with Action , Bond & Competition !
Not Some boring opening about cute little Pikachu running around meeting other cute little pokemon !
Plus, Should there be a Opening for Iris & Clian to show up ?
At this moment , Iris & Clian seem to be only Cast Character who never get themself in a opening !

I like the song itself, but not the animation. It just screams merchandising ploy with all of the cute Pokémon. And the lyrics about Satoshi being in a new place is anachronistic now considering he's about to get his seventh Badge. I really like "Best Wishes!", but I'd prefer a new opening.

I like the song, but I think it should change to Ash and the league. Or maybe they're waiting to release one about B2W2

With pre-Generation V Pokemon being reintroduced into the anime, I'd say it is a good time to finally change the opening.

I like the song, but I think it should change to Ash and the league. Or maybe they're waiting to release one about B2W2

This is what I'm guessing they're doing. Makes it feel more similar to Kanto/Orange Islands, I guess. I'm pretty fine with it. (Then again, I only watch the dub which has already changed the opening, so I guess this would annoy me less than it would people who only watch the sub/raw... eh.)

I hate the opening so much it's unbarable!!! the greatest everyday to this is the biggest drop in quality since advance battle to battle frontier.

Yeah, definitely.

I adore the song itself but the video is way too boring for my taste. Sure it was a fun thing to have a CGI opening but for 13 episodes only. Rica, as always, has done an awesome job but it would have been much MUCH better if they release a non-CGI version of Best Wishes.

'Together' is one of my all time favourites. So, something similar to that would be the best for our upcoming opening.

For Best Wishes, I have a feeling it should not replace it's opening yet. It still feels fresh to me, altho the 3D opening starts to irritate me.

I think we're do for one. With BW2 on the way and old pokemon coming back (Hi Koffing!), I wouldn't be surprised if we got one in a few months

I feel that the anime should keep this opening until the end of the BW series. The opening is titled "Best Wishes!," after all.

Yes, absolutely! I do like the opening (especially the song), but I am getting tired of it. A change will be nice.

Hmmm...how about we keep the song, but get some new scenes?

If the Best Wishes opening gets past BW episode 82, it'll break Aim to be a Pokemon Master's record for being the opening that was provided in most episodes.

As many others stated already, the song is great, the song is nice, the song may stay. But the animation is so boring and has long outstayed its welcome, and I really would look forward to a hand-drawn OP for whenever BW gets into BW2 territory.

I really just never cared for the aesthetic style, the gimmick of it got super old after the first week or two, and after an OP like Saikou Everyday! where crazy action-y shit was happening in nearly EVERY SHOT and I never got tired of watching that OP sequence, Best Wishes! feels like such a downer and the song deserved a much better-drawn OP to match with it.

I'd totally be down for a remix of the song should the OP change once the anime focuses on BW2. But yes, we need a new Japanese OP, stat.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom