• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you think we'll see N in the Unova League?

Rangers simply use the Pokemon to their convinience and gain even if the intention is good. That's the thing about Rangers, they just use random Pokemon, then forget about random Pokemon. That looks more like using them as tools than trainers, trainers eventually form a bond with the Pokemon.

I'm not talking about Rangers in particular, I'm talking about the regular people of those regions where the wild Pokemon stay with humans without Pokeballs being used. And even for a Ranger, their primary duty is to protect the environment.
They've never, ever mentioned pokemon being able to leave if they wanted before now (I don't even remember them saying that in B/W, but I'll take your word for it). That's the writers trying to cover their ass, because they realized trying to justify the forced slavery of animals would make the player seem evil.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GameplayAndStorySegregation

Your Shiny Level 84 Charizard you've raised and EV and IV trained for 2 years has decided it doesn't like you anymore. It releases itself. Too bad. What a fun game!

There's a reason why gameplay trumps story or setting in most games.

You know what other RPGs where you have party members who won't leave no matter what action you take? Every single other RPG made in the past 10 years (Bioware excepted). And you know what species those party members are? Human!

OMFG! Final Fantasy is based on human slavery! FREE YUFFIE!
That's the writers trying to cover their ass, because they realized trying to justify the forced slavery of animals would make the player seem evil.

If it's so evil, stop playing Pokemon games. Also, I hope you don't own any pets in real life. You should probably toss them out into the wild. I'm sure they'll like that better. Or you could be like the real N/Team Plasma (PETA) and set out to execute all pets because death is better than "forced slavery"!

Really, the reason N bothers me is that Pokemon ownership is not the biggest issue he should be worried about.

What he should be freaking out about is that people eat Pokemon.

And what's even worse is that other Pokemon eat other Pokemon.

Even though all of the parties are sentient.

That's a MUCH MUCH bigger issue than people owning pets.

N should be going around trying to get people to stop eating Pokemon. And even more importantly - to try to get Pokemon to stop eating each other.

Also, if they can leave whenever they want, why didn't they when Plasma forced them to work day after day, making the castle?

"Drayden and Iris both say Pokemon can break out of their Pokeballs anytime they want" does not refer to the trainer using force to keep such Pokémon secluded, merely that they can break out of a PokéBall.

When Team Plasma steal Bel's Munna, why didn't it just break through and go back to her? It was kept by force, which could very well be from the other Pokémon that Team Plasma own.

"Drayden and Iris both say Pokemon can break out of their Pokeballs anytime they want" does not refer to the trainer using force to keep such Pokémon secluded, merely that they can break out of a PokéBall.

When Team Plasma steal Bel's Munna, why didn't it just break through and go back to her? It was kept by force, which could very well be from the other Pokémon that Team Plasma own.

And obviously, human force can only do so much. You can keep meek Pokemon like Patrat working, but that Dragonite is not going to be a happy camper if you mistreat it.

(In fact, I kind of hope that Ghetis's final outcome for his plotline in Grey is being eaten by his own Hydreigon. They've hinted at the seeds of that being a possibility in Black and White).

^^ i would love that

They NEED to make that happen!

Hydreigon even eat his/her legs(don't get it? look at Hydreigon's artwork), so why not his/her trainer?

If it's so evil, stop playing Pokemon games. Also, I hope you don't own any pets in real life. You should probably toss them out into the wild. I'm sure they'll like that better. Or you could be like the real N/Team Plasma (PETA) and set out to execute all pets because death is better than "forced slavery"!

ahahahahhahahahahaha dude this is the most pathetic post, do you really have to go to this extent to make me seem wrong?

The series has always danced around the whole issue, but now that they've actually talked about it, they did a really bad job at justifying it. I'd rather them just not bother.

Also, are you really going to say animals with powers ranging from breathing fire to bending time and space itself, can't get away from some normal humans? Just admit this whole thing was poorly planned out.

(In fact, I kind of hope that Ghetis's final outcome for his plotline in Grey is being eaten by his own Hydreigon. They've hinted at the seeds of that being a possibility in Black and White).

Could I ask where in the game? (Not that I doubt you, I just don't remember it and find it quite interesting.)

Also, are you really going to say animals with powers ranging from breathing fire to bending time and space itself, can't get away from some normal humans? Just admit this whole thing was poorly planned out.

There's that quote back in early Kanto "Pokémon are not bad. It's the trainers that command Pokémon to do bad things" or something similar. I believe either Dogas or Arbo say it. Those stolen Pokémon could be being forced to build the castle by other Pokémon under control of Team Plasma.
So there's an animé explanation for what could happen in the animé.

That directly contradicts the whole "Pokemon can just leave if they don't like the trainer" thing, which is exactly my point.

That directly contradicts the whole "Pokemon can just leave if they don't like the trainer" thing, which is exactly my point.

But no it doesn't. A Plasma Grunt says how his Pokémon seems to like him, despite his disgust for it and you're implying that a Pokémon will disobey its beloved trainer to help out a Pokémon that it doesn't know. In fact, does every Pokémon know right from wrong? Dogas and Arbo know so, but all they say is that it is the trainer that is bad. The fact that they didn't leave of their own accord speaks miles in itself.

I also don't know why you think that a Pokémon cannot keep another Pokémon confined in say, a labour camp.

Last edited:
This is a general warning for any future posts: If you have a different opinion from someone else, feel free to argue your point. But DO NOT insult other users or their posts.

Thanks.

Somehow I missed the "Plasma uses their own pokes to make the stolen ones work" part. It's pretty stupid (why go through the trouble of stealing pokemon? just hire contractors, it's even legal!) it's at least an explanation, and in character for Plasma to do I guess.

Also, Ekans and Koffing left like ten years ago, but I see your point.

My peers do not control me.

However, if I hang around bad peers, I will become an antisocial/bad person.

That does not mean my peers are my superiors. It's just natural influence between peer groups. This is social psych 101.
Somehow I missed the "Plasma uses their own pokes to make the stolen ones work" part. It's pretty stupid (why go through the trouble of stealing pokemon? just hire contractors, it's even legal!) it's at least an explanation, and in character for Plasma to do I guess.

There is some implication (in the Underwater Ruins, and from Iris and Drayden), at least, that the Harmonia family has some sort of mystical connection to Pokemon (it's even been theorized that the Harmonias are Pokemon-Human hybrids), which means that the Pokemon might work willingly for them out of hereditary recognition of "royalty".
I also don't know why you think that a Pokémon cannot keep another Pokémon confined in say, a labour camp.

Especially when, in the wild, Pokemon EAT each other. Which is quite a bit worse than enslavement in my book.
Could I ask where in the game? (Not that I doubt you, I just don't remember it and find it quite interesting.)

There's some indication in the game, I believe, that Ghetis may have been injured by one of his own Pokemon (I think one of the Sages tells you this). The Dark Dragon's line is known for it's cruelty and brutality.

My peers do not control me.

However, if I hang around bad peers, I will become an antisocial/bad person.

That does not mean my peers are my superiors. It's just natural influence between peer groups. This is social psych 101.
You post this, but then quote my next post saying "I missed that part, that makes sense". Are you doing this simply to talk down to me?

There is some implication (in the Underwater Ruins, and from Iris and Drayden), at least, that the Harmonia family has some sort of mystical connection to Pokemon (it's even been theorized that the Harmonias are Pokemon-Human hybrids), which means that the Pokemon might work willingly for them out of hereditary recognition of "royalty".
If this was true, why steal them? I also don't think a pokemon would willingly work day in and day out, building a ridiculous fortress. Plasma just bullying them sounds more plausible.

On that note, Plasma grunts seem to come in two flavors: Those that "get" it (like N), and those that get it (like Ghetsis). While there are some that legit seem to care about the pokemon's plight, a lot of them are just generic evil people.

If this was true, why steal them? I also don't think a pokemon would willingly work day in and day out, building a ridiculous fortress. Plasma just bullying them sounds more plausible.

I don't know. Fighting-type, Ground-type, and Rock-type Pokemon, if they were either powerful enough or simply large enough in number could probably create a fortress fairly rapidly - probably faster than human workers, in fact. The Mirage Castle in Hoenn, for instance, was implied to have been made by Sandshrew and Trapinch basically overnight.

^^none of them had challenged the Elite Four too, your point?

I don't know. Fighting-type, Ground-type, and Rock-type Pokemon, if they were either powerful enough or simply large enough in number could probably create a fortress fairly rapidly - probably faster than human workers, in fact. The Mirage Castle in Hoenn, for instance, was implied to have been made by Sandshrew and Trapinch basically overnight.

They mention forcing the Pokemon to do grueling work, without a break. If they had made it in a day, they wouldn't have said that.

Sounds like they're stupidly using nothing but Patrats because that's the only Pokemon they can bully. At that point, I'd say it's probably even more efficient just to hire men to do the labor. It must have taken years to get gophers to build that giant castle.

Would have taken a handful of actually powerful Ground-types (Flygon, Sandslash, Excadrill, Rhyperior, Golurk) a couple of weeks given the speed at which Sandshrew and Trapinch apparently whipped up Mirage Tower.

Groudon or Regigigas could have done it in a day, I'd wager.

I hope so, he NEEDS to appear sometime in the anime, since Team Plasma have appeared, and Plasma without N is not right.

If so though, then Team Rocket will be a major justification for his and Plasma's actions. Thats probably why Team Rocket has such a newer role as well.

N vs Giovanni would be EPIC! Also N vs Ash would be nice.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom