• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you think we'll see N in the Unova League?

Cilan

Reaction score
Since N collected badges and beat the Elite 4 and champion in the games do you think he'll try to do the same in the anime? I'd love to see Ash battle N in the finals or at least have N appear sometime during the league if he actually doesn't compete. If he does compete then I could see him using Reshiram/Zekrom probably.

I'm okay with N appearing at the league as long as he doesn't use a legendary Pokemon.

If the anime wants to follow the games closer then hopefully that'll happen but most likely they'll probably have N's finale before the league. It would be cool if he ended up collecting badges and competed in the league though.

They would have appeared if the episodes didn't get skipped. I know they appeared earlier in the games but it seems like the show doesn't show the villains' early appearances. The closest we ever got to that I think was Team magma showing up in the 2nd episode of Advanced

Each new generation seems to be following the games more closely so hopefully they handle N and his goals pretty close. Even if N doesn't appear in the league, they could show his castle or a TP finale before the league.

In the games, I know that he beat the Champ. Did he really get all 8 badges and beat the E4?

I would know for myself but honestly, I flew through the game and all of the talking so I really wasn't paying too much attention to the little details.

Not to get off subject (and I know that it is just a game), but it was a bit creepy for him to get up in the players face and all ask to ride the ferris wheel and get in the players face to talk to their pokemon, if it was real or I was in the place of the person I was playing I would really be freaked out by a person like that. Though his father did mention him being strange because he grew up with only Pokemon in his life.

Again sorry if that last paragraph was off-subject.

He definitely wouldn't appear in the final, because Ash isn't going to lose to N, and Ash isn't going to win the league. It'd be nice to have an in game character there for once. Especially if he had some buildup with TP stuff throughout BW.

N should interrupt the league or at least reveal his castle before the league.

Possibly, something like him being in the finals and something Team Plasma related going down while they fight.

N should interrupt the league or at least reveal his castle before the league.

What he/she said. Ash and Co. meets N along the journey. Then in when Ash gets to the league, N interrupt a battle between... Ash and someone (Trip?) and his castle appears. Ash and Co. has to stop him... when he has beaten him, Ghetis appears and Alder will battle him. He wins over him and Ghetsis gets arrested and N flies away after a big sceen with Ash telling N it was wrong of him... something like that XD

There is no Team Plasma in the anime. If they won't get introduced now, they will never be.

I can imagine another earthquake coming to Japan when they would finally want to air the TR vs TP episodes.

There is no Team Plasma in the anime. If they won't get introduced now, they will never be.

I can imagine another earthquake coming to Japan when they would finally want to air the TR vs TP episodes.

What?
There IS Team Plasma in the anime, you just contradicted yourself. :|
And since those were the two episodes that introduced Team Plasma, that means that they are going to be throughout the series. Not just two episodes.
So we will see them again.

I'd love it if they had N in the league, this would be the best way for Ash to loose the league. Next series have Team Plasma continue with whatever they were going to do.

And since those were the two episodes that introduced Team Plasma

The episodes didn't aired. How are they going to do it, now that suddenly Team Rocket has gone back to white again and James has a Pokemon? If the entire Plot is edited, then i won't see it as the episode that was supposed to air.

I most certainly hope we do. In all honesty, him interrupting the Pokémon League in order to battle Ash with the legendary dragon would be the most refreshing and exciting thing to do.

I'm not sure how the writers will pull that off though. In the games N is simply a boy who has been abused psychologically by his father in order to get what he wants. He tricks his son into believing they both want a separate world for Pokémon, while the truth is that Ghetsis wants them all for Team Plasma. N has an interesting personality and a great backstory in the games, so how the writers will handle him is as well one of my concerns.

I'd rather not have them make N appear if they're going to ignore his story or something.

Most likely not. Usually the rivals, with the exception of Blue (Gary) as he is Red's (Ash) rival, are in the specials and rarely show up in the main anime.

Most likely not. Usually the rivals, with the exception of Blue (Gary) as he is Red's (Ash) rival, are in the specials and rarely show up in the main anime.

What? Barry was there as the secondary rival. He couldn't really be the main rival, since he just started out. He didn't have the experience Ash and Paul did.

I do agree that Silver, Brandon, and Wally were screwed over though.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom