• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you try to 'catch 'em all'?

Do you try to 'catch 'em all'?

• Total voters
I'm on my way to obtaining all the pokemon. I could go the easy route but I would rather get legit ones from different countries.

I'm trying to right now. I got most of the Pokemon, I just need to evolve several of my Pokemon and I need to catch a Natu.

Not only have I caught them all, I have at least one of every single individual species in my boxes. So I have a Bulbasaur, and Ivysaur, a Venusaur, a Charmander, a Charmeleon, etc. Obviously I'm missing the unreleased three, but otherwise, I have every single Pokemon in the game.

I try. Never succeed, of course, but I always come fairly close (90% at the end of G4).
When another game comes out, I move my stuff from the previous game to that and keep trying.

Actually, once I got my Pearl version, I decided to try and complete my PokéDex. I got VERY close, I believe I had 353 or so Pokémon out of 493.

But then... Nintendo released White version, and I flipped.

So I decided not to try to catch them all again at all until the last generation game. That way, I know there won't be another gen.

No, I never have been that sort of trainer since the very start. However, I do actually enjoy finding them all, and seeing every single Pokemon there is in-game; just not catching it. I'd feel kind of guilty, leaving a lot of 'mons in a stale PC Box and I know I wouldn't train all of them or explore what they're all about, which makes me kind of upset...

Not only have I caught them all, I have at least one of every single individual species in my boxes. So I have a Bulbasaur, and Ivysaur, a Venusaur, a Charmander, a Charmeleon, etc. Obviously I'm missing the unreleased three, but otherwise, I have every single Pokemon in the game.

Thats what im working on with Black. Im at 450 of 646. I lack a lot of gen iv and some gen iii pkmn

I never used to, but last year I did with Pokémon Yellow, because I lost my versions of Red and Blue so it was the only way I could get all three starters, and used Crystal to get any Pokémon that weren't on Yellow. It went quite well, and I was only short by a few, including Omanyte, because there was no way I could get that damn Helix Fossil. I'm currently trying to do the same on Diamond but I've not got Pearl, so it should be quite interesting :')

I hope that the next gen offers more older pokemon in tall grass. Having to export via pal park, etc. is annoying

I have only caught 'em all in Platinum. After I saw that I got no proper reward for such an arduous task. I never bothered in any other games. That Platinum disappeared, so as of now, I have not.

Yes I always try and have succeeded in HeartGold and White except for the three unreleased Event Legends.

I did back when I had blue, and I wanted to in silver/crystal. But since then, meh. I don't like lots of the new 'mon, which seems like re-done versions of old ones, and why catch hundreds upon hundreds that I"ll never use? When there were 150, it made sense to try them all out before picking my favorite 20ish to train and use regularly. But with more than 500, no, it's just silly.

I try to complete the regional pokedex, but not the national one. It's just too much work for a piece of paper saying congrats. Besides, it feels good to discover information about new Pokemon, not redone information about Pokemon going back to Gen 1 that no one really cares about.

I've got about 400, at least, on my White. I could do it easily, had my cousin not gotten bored with his Black. Even with my niece helping, I don't think i could do it in a short enough time to feel the drive. You should at least get an exclusive Pokemon or something, right? But it's always just a diploma.

I sometimes catch all of them available without trading/pal park/etc, I haven't actually completed a pokedex since generation 2 though.

Not usually, but I am trying in White (and it's taking me ages, although that's probably mostly because I tend to only play for a few days, then take a break for a few weeks).

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom