• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you try to 'catch 'em all'?

Do you try to 'catch 'em all'?

• Total voters
I might go about catching 'em all this summer, though that's what I've said the last two years running. XD

I try to! and i try to have one copy of each too! (like not just a Blastoise, make sure i have a copy of Squirtle and Wartortle too)

I haven't succeeded yet thought, i normally get close then a new game comes out!

Im pretty close in White ATM... 632 obtained!!! I hope there is an easier way to transfer this hard work to BW2 though! (*wishful thinking*)

I only really tried once, on Diamond, I got somewhere around 440-something, but it gets so difficult to finish it and so long, the once you miss are often very rare of very difficult to obtain pokemon, I try to catch all this I can in the game already (which is tough, like catching that prick of a Feebas and then evolving it... uh the wait !) and then trade for those I can't find in the version I'm playing, but it is becoming increasingly difficult..

I think I'll try it up again on White when I start a new game :D don't like my previous run, and also I can't wait to see black & white 2, the leaked information is a real teaser, can't wait to get my hands on them! My studies are not going to like it.. :D

You know, reading everyone's posts is making me wanna go back to Black and catch 'em all before the sequels come out over here!! :D
Is just making me super excited to work hard and get it done, possibly even having it all there as good stock for my sequel game.

I've got about 400, at least, on my White. I could do it easily, had my cousin not gotten bored with his Black. Even with my niece helping, I don't think i could do it in a short enough time to feel the drive. You should at least get an exclusive Pokemon or something, right? But it's always just a diploma.

i agree there should be a better reward!

I tried to back in Platinum (I don't recall how close I got, but I believe I was in the late 300's), but eventually just gave up after a while. I haven't tried since; but I am thinking of trying to in Black or White.

But yeah, there should be a better reward than just a diploma. It's part of the reason I never even bothered to complete the National Dex.

I had 385 in Sapphire (my first playthrough and the one I kept), all on my own. Never did get a Mew, Celebi or Deoxys and there was nothing I could really do about it.

All I'm physically missing in Black is Darkrai (although I do have it's pokedex entry), and I've never been bothered to evolve Klink or Ferroseed. My boyfriend's cloning his Darkrai and once I evolve the other two, I'll have everything. It only took a decade and a half. I don't think my roommates appreciated it a few weekends ago when I had a squealing fit after getting the last ones I needed.

For all the work I've done it's a bit of a let down to get nothing for it. I mean seriously, I have actively been trying to do this since 2003, give me something decent.

This happened just last night:

0418121102.jpg

I had 150 in my old Red Version (would have been 151 if I had known about the Mew-glitch at the time) I may have cheated some rare candies...
Never thought I would get that benchmark again since I didn't know anyone who had Silver. My brother had Ruby and I Sapphire once but at this point it was almost impossible to get Pokèmon of Generation I and II.

I wasn't really trying when I started Platinum either, but after some random trading I realized I had almost completed the Regional Pokèdex of Sinnoh and Kanto...then I decided "Oh yeah we can do this." Then this happened:
catchthemall.jpg

I want to transfer them all over to White and eventually get the 649

Nope, I hate this "catch 'em all" crap.
I only catch the ones I like to use, screw the others :3

Honestly I don't even know what is the point of catching all of them and letting they rot forever on the PC.

No, I kinda put it on the wayside. If I end up doing so, great, but I mainly just catch to train and battle. No Pokedex completions for me!

I havent tried to complete a Pokedex since Silver version, but Id like to complete the national dex in both Soul Silver and White before B2/W2 is out. It'll be a challenge with 649 Pokemon, but I want to complete a National Pokedex, which I have never done before.

This is what I'm trying to do, right now actually. I'm at 467 (Caught).

No. I only catch what's readily available in the wild. Events, trade evos, etc. aren't worth the trouble. Just as you completed the Dex, a new gen will start and you'll hafta do it all over again. lol

And diplomas suck ass.

No I don't catch 'em all. I focus more on the storyline and the competitive battling and only catch the Pokémon that are worth it, I always do my research before catching one!

I wish they'd give us more than a meesly diploma for getting all the Pøkémøn

Fuck no, I'm not busting my ass for a diploma. I already do that IRL.

Maybe if the characters in-game actually acknowledged my many achievements beyond a
"Golly gee, the game has detected that you've completed the "League" event! Here's this new area for you to explore~"
I would be more interested.

Well in FireRed yes, because they actually gave you things for catching them, now you just get bragging rights...

Yes. I'm very irritated at the sight of an unfinished Pokedex. Filling it can get very boring at times, and the in-game reward isn't great, but I always have been a bit of a masochist. I also can't relax and begin training competitive Pokemon until it's done, which is kind of an award in itself.

I caught the original 150 in Fire Red then as more games got released I stopped trying to catch them all and instead I focused on training my team.
Once all the Unova pokemon become available I could catch them all except Manaphy because you don't catch it but just record it and Jirachi.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom