• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you try to 'catch 'em all'?

Do you try to 'catch 'em all'?

• Total voters
Re: Have you Caught 'em All?

Sapphire: As many as you can get without outside help, due to no compatible games.

Nothing wrong with that. Once you get to that point, it's pretty easy to complete it. Either you play through on a different game, or you find someone who has already done so.

I managed to do it with my platinum...And for what.
Prof: "Oooooooh! So you managed to capture every pokémon there is!? KTNXBYE."
Me: "...What...You not gonna say anything el-"
Prof: "Congraz ya beat the game, buy new one and do it all again <3"

These days? No...I try to capture and train as many different pokes as I like,
but not really get them all...They should think some kinda revard for the player if he does all that...
I mean...Something good and worth doing it all. Like...Well, I'm not an Einstein, but I'd be happy if I'd even get...something...for that task.

Ok, I DO undesrtand it's hard to think a good reward, but still...Maybe something like...hmm...
OK, how does this sound; they'd add six pokémons to your PC that are all favorites of the staff who worked on the game?
They could have some specal moves or abillities or something like that.
You know...Favorite pokés of people like Junichi Masuda and others.

Here is an example of one poke I'd give IF I'd be on the team as well:
- Pokémon: Bulbasaur [Saura]
- Level: 85
- Ability: Defiant
- Nature: Careful
- Item: Eviolite
- OT: 37212
- Moveset: [Leaf Blade] - [Rock Slide] - [Curse] - [Sleep Powder]
Ball: Poke Ball

Something like this.
Give us special pokés!! D:

I try to catch them all, but I tend to only catch the cute or badass Pokemon and ignore the ugly ones. Sometimes I'll catch random Pokemon just for the Pokedex, then release them. u.u

I have caught all 151 in gen 1, but after that I never bothered to attempt it again. As I said on another thread I like to catch and train the Pokemon I like rather than going through the trouble of catching all of them.

I like to catch and train the Pokemon I like rather than going through the trouble of catching all of them.

Don't get me wrong - I think we all enjoy doing that over pointlessly levelling Pokemon - but there always comes a time, around level 60-70, when I get bored. There's just nothing to do. So I start levelling up the Pokemon I haven't used yet, but I do so using my original team.

Nearly had it on Blue when I traded a bunch of Red-exclusives to it (from Yellow, but still), but then the cartridge Toxicroak'd on me. Damnit.

Currently, the Unova 'Dex on Black is close to having everything seen, but I've no real motivation to complete it.

I had a complete natil dex in my Diamond copy but I think some of the pokemon I got from my cousin were hacked and some cloned with AR so I dont consider those to be legit but I have completed the regional dex for soul silver and white and I was 2 pokemon away from completing the regional in Ruby but I dont remember which ones.

Can't be bothered. Too lazy.

I did try once though, like a decade ago back in Silver. I got to 248/251 but eventually got bored and started a new game lol.

I want to. Which is why I'm posting here. I need 10 posts to PM people XD but, I'm getting there. My gf and sis both play, so I've got a lot of trade buddies.

I've never completed the national dex in any game, although I have finished the regional dex in Emerald... and nowhere else. XD

I've was three Red exclusives away from completing Blue, and almost did the regional in Sapphire.
The Unova is a tricky beast but I've seen 'em all in the regional and am 2 away from catching them all. Yes, 2.

I started trying on Platinum. I have 403 of them, so just 90 to go. I can't say all of them or legit, but I have a lot. On White, not so much. I don't have many pokemon on White. I'm trying to get starters and Zoruas for the GTS, but it's still hard to get pokes I want.

I've completed the regional Dexes on Emerald and Black but I have yet to complete the National Dex on either. Emerald, it could happen if I put my mind to it. Black, forget it. I have no room in my boxes for any other Pokemon! (But I have a lot of cute little Automatons, so it's totally worth it.)

I do try to catch them all, and I am at 550! Yea-Yeah! I still have a long way to go, though.

Not bothered since Gen 2. I always assumed it was impossible to catch 'em all now what with all the event-only Pokemon. It would bug me too much to have every Pokemon except the handful of event exclusives.

The only time I did was in my yellow version, and ever since I've been too lazy to do so. Now, though, with the 600+ Pokemon? Hahahahaha NOPE. Not happening.

I tried in Diamond and I still have 28 Pokémon yet to catch. I can't care less in Black, though. What a nuisance to import every single Pokémon.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom