• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you try to 'catch 'em all'?

Do you try to 'catch 'em all'?

• Total voters
Fill up the National Dex? No. I mean, I'd very much like to, but it's just not possible, with SS and White being the only games I currently possess.

I do, however, try hard to fill up the Local Dex. I enjoy seeing those little pokéball logos in my pokédex, lol.

Yes, I Try to, but due to the existence of event Pokemon, It's near impossible for me to get them all without using cheating devices.

I generally like to just catch, breed, and train the Pokemon I like rather than collecting the entire Pokedex to receive a certificate telling me what I already know. I did do it once, but these days I don't see the point in it for me.

Actually in B/W2 if you complete the Pokedex you get a "Shiny Charm" which gives you 4x the chance to find Shinies.

Yes, I Try to, but due to the existence of event Pokemon, It's near impossible for me to get them all without using cheating devices.

You don't need the event Pokemon to get the full Pokedex, they don't count at all, I know because I completed the entire Pokedex in Leafgreen, Diamond and Platinum. Never needed them.

I am certainly trying this time around. I've seen 242 in Unova on Black 2 and own 241. Just 59 more until I hit 300...

I don't want to think about the National Dex, though. That's gonna be a nightmare. (I'm still going to do it, as I want that Shiny Charm.)

There are far too many pokemon in generation 5 for me to be able to catch them all, since I am a full-time college student and all, so I don't have nearly as much time as I used to. And also back in the day there were less pokemon. However, in generation 3, I did in fact capture ALL 386 Pokemon in my pokemon firered version back in the day!!!! :)

I generally like to just catch, breed, and train the Pokemon I like rather than collecting the entire Pokedex to receive a certificate telling me what I already know. I did do it once, but these days I don't see the point in it for me.

Actually in B/W2 if you complete the Pokedex you get a "Shiny Charm" which gives you 4x the chance to find Shinies.

I posted that a while ago before the release of B/W2 ^^

I haven't yet, but i want to in b2W2. I tried in platinum, but never completed it. I want the shiny charm though so much augh

My BW Pokédexes are already 649/649. Pearl is already 493/493. Yellow is close behind at 150/151 (yet to register Dragonite).

Yes, I worked really hard on catching every Pokemon when I was playing Pokemon Black. I have almost every Pokemon in existance; I'm only missing Celebi, Jirachi, Deoxys, and Meloetta.

Catching all Pokemon!! That would be a good dream, I would love to accomplish it some day. Without event experience, or having many games (black 2 is my only game at the moment) I can't see myself accomplishing it any time soon. I can have trying. I voted "No, but I will do soon", not for the "no" part for the "but I will do soon" part. Every time I see a Pokemon I have not captured, I will attempt to catch it. I don't care much for gender of the Pokemon I'm trying to catch, just the fact that I don't have it.

Yes but I have been slacking off lately. Although I only got mew because some person gave to me as a gift. But I don't plan on going after event pokemon.

Before Gen IV I used to catch every Pokémon available and keep on level-grinding them all to the same level... This made the games very tedious.

But in SoulSilver I achieved my 'Gotta Catch ém All!' goal, since I have everything except for Mew, Jirachi and Deoxys (haven't traded 'globally', just locally). I love Pokéathlon and I think it's super nice to have the walking Pokémon following me, so archiving all the Pokémon to SoulSilver feels very good.

And now that that particular goal is out of the way, I can focus on just training a chosen six conquistadors and run through the Pokémon world.

Yep. I've assembled a nearly complete living Pokédex in Black 2 (I'm only missing Deoxys and Meloetta). It's very satisfying to browse through my PC boxes and see 647 Pokémon all carefully arranged in numerical order. The reward of the Shiny Charm also made the endeavor even more worth it.

After years of trying I managed to fill my Pokédex in Pearl and HeartGold. In White and White 2 I have 648 caught, still missing that damn Meloetta.

Nope. I'm never motivated enough to catch them all. I only catch the ones I want and need because I unfortunately don't have that much free time. I may start catching them all someday.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom