• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you try to 'catch 'em all'?

Do you try to 'catch 'em all'?

• Total voters
I'm trying but totally failing. I think I have only 120 or so right now D:

I think I am also going to do something where I have every single pokemon in my PC box even the pre-evolved forms. Hopefully by the time Black & White 2 are out I will accomplish that lol.

Yeah, I do try, but I've never succeeded. xP

I just go to slowly at it and lose interest when the next games come out. Then I try again in the new games, and the cycle continues.

I catch only the ones I like. I would if there were still only 151, but 649 is just ridiculous. Anyone who does that is just a fanatic.

I always try to catch as many pokemon as I can and complete the national pokedex. I haven't achieved it yet, but I always get pretty damn close.

I voted yes, though currently I'm going for Gen IV's 493 - events. Though when (if) I'm done it shouldn't be that hard to transfer to White and add Unova Pokemon.

Yes I do. Im in the middle of doing so in my Black version. I've already caught 120 or so pokemon. In my Red version i've caught 151 (All of them)

Absolutely. I am only missing a legit Darkrai (took a break during the RSE years and beginning of DPPt years). Helps having 2 DS's and a couple games for each gen. I however will not trade for one because it is increasingly difficult to know if it is legit. I will wait until the next event Darkrai.

I've tried but I haven't actually done it yet with the exception of Red and Blue with my older brother. We had a link cable growing up.

I never even remotely tried before Gen 4. Even back in Gen 1 where I had no access to the internet, I was aware of Version differences, and the fact that I wouldn't be able to get another starter without trading, along with the trade evolutions such as Kadabra, and Graveler. I lived in a very remote area when I was younger, without access to friends who also played Pokemon. So trading was out of the question. I really just didn't mind the whole Catch'em all bit.

Although when Gen 4 came out, and discovered the gift of Wi-fi trading and battling, it was the first time I actually felt the urge that, maybe I could catch them all. So yeah, that was the time I actually completed a Dex (Sinnoh Dex), and got up to almost 350+ captured. I could never find a legendary I could trade for from the GTS, nor get any Movie only event Pokemon, so I still haven't completed a National Dex, but I'm pretty proud of my accomplishment of completing a Sinnoh Dex.

Cheers,
Sir Jet

I don't try to catch them all, too lazy.

Enough of my time is taken up training my 'mons.

I tried catching up to pretty much everything existing in the area, but I gave up after that. I can't mix records or access wi-fi. And using cheats is no fun.

I think I was influenced a bit by Ash when I started playing Pokémon in 99.
My philosophy always was "catch only 6~10" Pokémon you like and train them to be strong motherf*ckers; That's all.

I have, in fact, caught them all...for now.

Just yesterday, I finished the National Pokedex in Pokemon Black. Before, I came pretty close to finishing in Heart Gold, but then Black and White were released, so I stopped. I don't know if I'll try completing the National Pokedex in future games, though.

This off topic but, what happens when you do comlete the national pokedex?

You get a nice little certificate to display in your room...in-game, of course. And you earn a rank for your trainer card.

Yeah, you don't get much for completing the National Pokedex. But regardless, I liked doing it anyways.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom