• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you use bank to transfer all your Pokemon?

Zeldapsychology

Reaction score
I have a completed my Dex in AS thanks to Bulbagarden here YA! 719 all of them YA! Well I found out after I transferred them all over and restarted X that only 709 or so "count" since the EVENTS are now considered "secret" or sort of not count towards the completion now. (Wish I would have known before restarting My X game. I'm trying to "catch them All" in OR but I was considering just transfer from AS to the Bank to OR and go from there. I like the leveling that is done in the cafe in X so I can redo that too. I hate there's no SUPER LEVELING in ORAS except Elite 4 over and over. (Need those middle evolutions or whatever).

What are your thoughts "Catch them all" again in OR or Bank transfer? The 719 is saved as a "complete Dex in AS anyways." :) Hopefully 3rd Gen 6 game or Gen 7 has EASIER breeding (biking in a circle GREAT! and a SUPER LEVEL UP like X did.) :)

http://i.imgur.com/aF02xUQ.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/sXqmCUo.jpg

Two sets of Blissey Farms for you, to make your leveling easier. Also, I would transfer them all over to one file, save the game so they record in your Pokedex, then put them back onto Bank. This way you can get the Oval and Shiny Charms to make breeding and catching alt coloured Pokemon a bit simpler.

I've reset my games countless times and each time through I send over my Living Dex for a few minutes. This way I have the diplomas, and in ORAS, completed Dexnav. It's just simpler. Yes, you can still catch and breed to have your own trainer ID on a Pokemon, but I find it just that much easier to have the harder to find Pokemon already there. Mind you I play my games once through for Story, and the rest for Legend Farming, so it's really up to you how you go about doing it.

Oh, the Bank is one of my most appreciated aspects of Gen 6. Its exactly what I wanted to see with the new hardware and more. It was always a bother to borrow a friends DS to get my Pokemon from Diamond to Platinum, Platinum to Soul Silver, etc. This eliminates that trouble, on top of providing extra storage. Really helpful as I'm the type to carry a ton of Pokemon around with him :3

In a way yes, I do transfer lots of Pokemon I want to save for future teams there - especially when I want to move tons of Pokemon at once.

Many of my recent teams, I trade them by eggs so the Pokemon hatches in my new team, which I can't add to my PokeBank, so I been using it a bit less in my newer teams - another reason I don't use it much in my newer teams, I can't transfer items in PokeBank.

I don't transfer all my Pokémon, I keep the main team with the game. I transfer most of the Pokémon I don't use for dex data though.

I'd rather just transfer my Pokemon. I mean I love the older games don't get me wrong, but I usually never go back to them. I tend to like sticking to one game as my main game. Though a completed living dex is just a nice bonus to have in bank.

I just used it for shinies, stuff you can't get in gen 6, etc.

I haven't filled the 'dex since fourth gen (or been on Bulbagarden since! wow!). I had to move stuff from fourth to fifth and then to sixth pretty much all at once when I got the chance. I only moved my super rare stuff (like events and legendaries) and EV trained Pokemon. I didn't play 5th gen online even one time so my trained stuff was still in 4th. Later I moved 2 old teams, and my new 6th gen one to Ruby. I've been trying to fill up entries on my X game and its pretty far but there is stuff I just won't ever likely have (like some really rare stuff I missed out on, and I hate asking anyone to touch trade).

The one and only time I've ever done a mass transfer was from my first two games back in 2001, Yellow to Silver and regardless of whether or not I need it which I don't, I am not able to afford to use the bank.

I use the Bank to store my Living Dex and non-shiny event Pokémon, and to transfer from X to OR (or vice versa) if need be. Everything else I keep on my cartridges.

--- Problem solved! Thanks! ---

Quick question: I keep hearing people say they are transferring from one 6th gen game to another 6th gen game using bank. How? When I tried that I can only withdraw Pokemon to the cart that deposited them originally. I can see them but it won't let me put them on a different cart. I actually found this out by trying to save Pokemon from a save file before I restarted it and now they are stuck in bank and I can't withdraw them to any other game cart.

I moved a few of my teams over to OR the old fashioned way with two systems when I found it wouldn't let me take them from bank that way.

Last edited:
Whenever I reset my games I transfer everything into Bank. It's easier than trading manually to other games and less hassle than losing everything if I don't get them off the cart before I delete the save. Plus if I have Pokemon that I want to keep but don't want to use (ie shiny creation trio from 2013 event) have a safe home in bank and don't get mixed up in my in-game PC boxes.

Bank has made life so much easier. I remember the dark days of borrowing friends/family consoles and taking what could sometimes be hours trading/catching between games just to move everything you want across.

Might as well not let that money go to waste, so yes, I do use it for transfers, especially of Pokemon that I hatched that have decent stats but meh natures and vice versa. I'd hate to release them all, so Bank's good for that.

Quick question: I keep hearing people say they are transferring from one 6th gen game to another 6th gen game using bank. How? When I tried that I can only withdraw Pokemon to the cart that deposited them originally. I can see them but it won't let me put them on a different cart. I actually found this out by trying to save Pokemon from a save file before I restarted it and now they are stuck in bank and I can't withdraw them to any other game cart.

I moved a few of my teams over to OR the old fashioned way with two systems when I found it wouldn't let me take them from bank that way.

Use X version chip

Put pokemons from X version into the Bank

Exit the Bank

Switch the X version game chip to OR version chip

Turn on Bank and withdraw pokemons

It should work when you have fully swotched the chips.

I use Bank frequently to move my pokemons from Y version to OR and it has never caused me problems

Thank you! I got it working. There must have been something weird going when I had tried it before. So relieved this is working now.

Pokemon Bank Service

Hi guys, does anyone subscribe to the Pokemon Bank service?

it's like 5 bucks a year, and allows you basically a cloud storage for pokemon. Also if you have X or Y and OR or AS , it gives you an easy way to swap between the games without bugging a friend. Anyone else find this service useful/worth it?

Pokémon Bank Home Page

Re: Pokemon Bank Service

I do a lot of breeding and Wonder Trading, so I find it quite useful. For me, it's worth the five dollars.

Oh yes, the bank has helped me so much throughout my adventures on Gen 6. It's so much easier compared to the older days...Oh god, all the hours trading and transferring...*shudders* I actually still do the older stuff to this day...
Anyways, yes, although I need to clean it out so bad. I got into the habit of keeping every single Wonder Trade pokemon I got, and you don't need me to tell you how many junk Pokemon I got in there. =/ I need to organize it some day and put the living dex and whatever else I don't really need on my cartridges, so I can complete the dex from now on and transfer those Pokes onto the other games so the dex is done and I don't have to worry about it. o3o.

The Pokebank is much appreciated from me!
I don't need another 3ds to transfer my Pokemon. And I don't need to play a game in order to transfer the Pokemon I've already caught to 6th Gen (I cannot word how much I hate how they had us play minigames for our own Pokemon).
The icing on the Pokepuff is that this method of Transferring sounds like it's here to stay, if I remember right.
It's also nice to not have to catch some Pokemon solely so I can get some Pokemon over to AS or X.
The only issues I have are not being able to Transfer more than 1 box at a time from BW or BW2 along (but it's understandable so it's not a giant "UGH" from me) and not being able to move items between my Gen 6 Games, so in the end I do have to trade.

Please note: The thread is from 9 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom