• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you use revives in battle?

I only use them during Elite Four and Gyms, and I always feel like I'm cheating... I don't think I've ever used them outside; I just accept defeat with a surly face.

I use them way too often, probably because I'm too stubborn to switch out at times and let my Pokemon faint. I use them against the E4 most of the time when I'm training and against Legendaries to PP stall. If there's no way I can win a Gym battle without a certain Pokemon, I definitely use the Revive.

I feel cheap seeing that everyone else doesn't use them. I seriously buy like 50 of them every time I go to the E4; I have more than 200 Revives and 300 Hyper Potions. DX

That's me. I always need more than a hundred of each revives/potions/other medicine in my bag before even entering the league. I sometimes use the herbal medicines instead of the usual potions since they are cheaper and also available by bulk.

I also need hundreds of revives before ever challenging a legendary to battle. (Imagine my rage when the legendary gets caught within less than 3 tries)

Traveling on routes, I only use them in between battles, but during elite 4 or gym matches I limit my self to only using as many as my opponent does

I do sometimes, usually against the E4. I guess I shouldn't as it would make me a better battler otherwise.

I only use them if I'd lose otherwise. If I'm on my last Pokemon and I know it doesn't stand a chance, I'll use a revive on a stronger one so that I can still win (or at least have a better chance of winning). This usually is in the Elite Four or champion battles.

I always have a designated revive Pokemon, which is a low level Pokemon there to be sacrificed for the greater good. That being, that Pokemon is there to have its turn wasted while I use a revive.

Traveling on routes, I only use them in between battles, but during elite 4 or gym matches I limit my self to only using as many as my opponent does

So none since the topic is on about revives?

About as commonly as any other item. That is to say, it depends on a) if it's useful and b) how rare it is. It's like if you only have a Pokeball, 2 Ultra Balls, and 4 Master Balls on hand and you're facing an uncommon Pokemon- let's name it "Noarark". Sifao is rare, but not rare enough that I have to use a Master Ball or it'll never show up again, so I use an Ultra Ball. Let's say there's another extremely rare Pokemon that has a 0.000000001% chance of encounter- let's call it "Ghosdrigan". Ghosdrigan is extremely rare, and I probably will never encounter another one on the same cartridge, so I use a Master Ball.

I find Max revives to be far too expensive, I stock up on the revive herbs for E4.

I don't revive. I feel like a wimp whenever I have to use it so I just go for clean sweeps in every battle.

It depends on the Pokemon.

When some of them fall late in battle, I won't take the time to pitch them a Revive--the battle will be done in a few minutes so why waste it? Now if a Golurk I'm training falls, you better believe I'm tossing the big fella a Revive. If it happens to be Riser who faints, he gets a Max Revive with no questions asked. (Since Riser faints so rarely, it's not a huge deal; I know I don't have to worry about blowing through my supplies.)

Anyone who faints during an E4 battle gets revived. I know I'm going to need them later.

I only revive while training. Plus I often breed for iv's and end up spamming pay day with my baby-pkm wearing an exp share. it evens out any daycare/revive costs quite easily

Throughout most of my playthroughs, I'm so cheap when it comes to stocking up on healing items. I'll only use them if I'm in the Elite Four or if I'm training in a route that's time-consuming to access. If I'm a quick Fly away from the Pokemon Center, I would prefer going there.

On challenges where fainting becomes an issue, I'll gladly buy like 20 Revives as soon as I can.

Never in boss battles, and only rarely in regular trainer battles if the fainted Pokemon is under-leveled and needs the experience.

I tend to, more or less, use them outside of battle, except if I'm facing a powerful opponent like E4 or Champion. I will use them occasionally in regular battles if I'm trying to raise a weak Pokemon and it gets KOed, but only in situations like that. I do, however, use Potions and such in battles. I know it's not fair to the NPC (except Gym Leaders and E4, who almost always use them), but I tend to use them when I suddenly get low on HP or have a lot of battles to go through (critical hits from the opponents are usually when I use them). But, generally, Revives are used post-battle except in certain situations.

I always use them, and have never been bothered by it.

Although, obviously I try to do enough training where I won't really need many revives. Obviously, if you're completely reliant on them, you've just wasted your money and are going to lose. lol

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom