• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you use the GTS?

I was just looking for a 5IV Ditto and was ready to give away almost anything for it. I found one offer for a Rayquaza and took it. Seems like the player was a liar. The Ditto had not ONE perfect IV. I'm pissed now.
I've had that happen a few times, too. There's someone in Mexico who keeps pitching her breeding leftovers on GTS. They just happen to be Golett and she keeps saying that they have their HA. I've traded with her several times and I've gotten only one that had said HA. The others had Iron Fist--not so bad--or Klutz--I seriously need that Ability Capsule. It's the same with the level 30 Golurk you'll find: the message might say "has No Guard" but it's a real crapshoot whether or not this is the case.

Before Pokemon Bank was released, I was given a Totodile on Wonder Trade and bred a bunch of little ones, then put them on the GTS and asked for a Scatterbug in return. Vivillon Roulette brought me a few nice ones, and some people got a Totodile out of it. It was fun raising them to see what they evolved into.

I try to... but it's difficult when everyone's asking for legendaries for things that aren't worth legendaries!

I try to... but it's difficult when everyone's asking for legendaries for things that aren't worth legendaries!

1 - Filter search results to "Pokemon you have".
2 - Place any Legendaries in your Pokemon Bank account (or Battle Box).
3 - No more legendary requests in your search results!

Yes, it's a workaround but the new search filter is made of win.

Me, I'm trying to get an Articuno with the Kalos region marker. Ideally one with an English name. Though I must admit, I really like this "Lavados" (German Moltres) I got off the GTS in exchange for one of my G5 Kamis....

[edit] finally got a Kalos Articuno. Unfortunately they nicknamed it "Troll-Bird", so back into the GTS it goes! At least I'm making plenty of trade acquaintances this way :)

Last edited:
I have this feeling that everybody seems to be desperately in need of Scizors for some reason... 90% of the people listed in the GTS are requesting such that it is scaring me o_O

I've been using the GTS to trade UNOWN for Vivillon patterns. It took me about 30 trades until I got the first pattern I wanted.

The demand for UNOWN must be pretty high since they're always traded within seconds.

Apparently for 75% of the people on the GTS "Archipelgo" is a synonym for "Elegant". :p

I'm trying to get legendaries if I can.

I once spotted an Entei that was asking for an Yveltal. I smashed on my buttons really quickly, but too late - already traded to another trainer...

It was useful for getting the starters pre-bank but I haven't used it since bank released.

I managed to snag a 5IV, shiny, HA Venomoth off the GTS recently - Kalos native with memories and everything!

You have to sift through a lot of junk but every once in a while the GTS comes through for me.

I love the gen 6 one. With being able to filter results I found a foreign Ditto that wanted a Vivillion in return.

Needless to say I can noe start MM'g! Now the question is do i want to risk my yveltal for one of these "6 iv" ones

I always keep asking for specific Vivillon when I trade them or Scatterbug on the GTS and no one ever listens. I kept getting Elegant so I made the message "no elegant" in all caps and I still get them constantly >.> The message feature of it is kind of a waste because no one reads them.

I give up on Vivillon hunting on the GTS.
Elegant is Japanese, if you're asking in English, they either can't read, or they are simply hunting for patterns and don't care either way.

That's why when I look for Vivillon on GTS, I don't offer up other Vivillon--that'll only attract other Vivillon hunters. I offered IV bred starters with Egg moves and got much rarer patterns like River and Jungle that way. I even specified Meadow one time and got it.

It's surprising, but the majority of my Vivillon was from the GTS (and it only took a few days of trading). The only ones I couldn't get off the GTS eventually was Icy Snow, Monsoon, Ocean, and Sandstorm.

The GTS in Gen VI proved amazingly valuable to me. I don't generally use it to get something with a certain nature or IV or such (Safari Pokemon are an exception since they can be narrowed a little more), but to get the species itself for breeding.

I tried it and I hate it.

Firstly, people lie. I wanted a Turtwig just for the Dex and saw one asking for a Palkia in return. They said it had 5IVs and an egg move and since my Palkia wasn't gonna get used anyway, I traded it. Turns out it was just a normal Turtwig. Now I'm not inclined to believe any of them.

Then, they won't let me trade "special" Pokemon. When I was searching for a shiny Slurpuff, I found one asking for a Keldeo, but I couldn't trade because it's "special". But it's MY Pokemon. I should be able to trade it if I want to. What's the point of being able to ask for it if I can't trade it?!

I'm trying to stay away from GTS if it isn't for a Vivillon these days, and even then, I haven't sought any in a while. I'm too fed up with the GTS.

What's the point of being able to ask for [special Pokemon] if I can't trade it?!
This is a legitimate complaint and GF needs to address it sometime. The rest, well ... "buyer beware".
Been using the GTS to fill my dex, and this is indeed annoying. I hope they address it soon. I swear, if I get a penny for every GTS offer that I see requesting an event legend... :disgust:

I just traded between my games today to get Aromatisse and Slurpuff in both games' Dexes. Used a Lv.7 Pidgeotto (from Viridian Forest) as the middlemon. Granted, they were only on the GTS for 3-4 minutes at a time, but prior to trading I did a search for "Lv.1 to 10 Pidgeotto" and it turned up literally ONE result across the whole GTS.

I use it sometimes, but honestly it's a huge pain. Why? Because of legends. GF needs to ban them completely on the GTS. Even if I want something fairly banal, the people trading want Darkrais, Shaymins, Jirachis, and others which are either impossible to get without an event or you need to have transferred it from Gen III or something.

I use it sometimes, but honestly it's a huge pain. Why? Because of legends. GF needs to ban them completely on the GTS. Even if I want something fairly banal, the people trading want Darkrais, Shaymins, Jirachis, and others which are either impossible to get without an event or you need to have transferred it from Gen III or something.
They could at least institute a rule that you can't ask for a 'special' Pokemon unless you're also depositing a special one. They've already officially split Pokemon into three tiers:
- Normal tier: Breedable species and lower-tier legendaries (bird/beast trios), depositable and tradable.
- Mascot tier: XYZ, Mewtwo, etc. You can deposit/trade them (yes, too many people want one) but when you're not trading them you can at least exclude them from your searches.
- Event tier: Can't be deposited/traded on the GTS at all.

The problem is that the GTS doesn't check what you're requesting against the tier system like it does when you're depositing something.

Options -> Don't Include. For me it keeps away requests for event mons and some legendaries.

The GTS was great for filling my Dex. Sure, most of the time people demand way too much for their junk mon, but there are some reasonable requests mixed in. Of course, I only really use the GTS now to trade off Bank breeding leftovers.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom