• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you use the GTS?

The Froakster

The Ninja Trickster
Reaction score
Just wondering do you use it? I don't really use it due to be almost useless because of unfair trades and impossible trades, but I use the Bulbaarden GTS.

I use it all the time. oAo You just have to have patience, sadly. It took me a while, but I did manage to fill 33 out of 156 (?) of the Unova Pokemon, all with nicknames. I mean, that's the only option until GAME FREAK and/or Nintendo decides to do something about the Zek/Resh-Level-9-and-Under pandemic.

I use it and I agree with FairyRed, it takes quite a bit of patience to sift through all the 9-and-unders. There's a lot of doing the first search, then narrowing the level and/or the location depending on what you're looking for. Most often, I use it to get foreign pokemon by offering something I've bred for the same species and I usually get a Japanese or French version of it.

People are always asking for level 9 or lower legendaries so I rarely use it. I do deposit pokes but I rarely look for them on the GTS.

I only use the GTS when I deposit a Pokemon I don't need for another Pokemon, because whenever you find a fair trade, and once you accept it, it tells you that the it's already been traded.

I love using the GTS.

But not for rare Pokemon, instead I just like to trade bred Starters and such for common Pokemon, because I like collecting a lot of random Pokemon from different countries.

I use it all the time, though mostly depositing Pokémon.
I try to breed for things like Shiny Zorua's, Shiny Eevee's and Shiny Starters a lot, so I end up with loads of them left over, and I shove them on the GTS for Pokémon that I like, like Deerling, Joltik, other Eevee's, Cherubi, etc. and sometimes I just browse for Pokémon to see if there's any trades I can do. :3

I don't really use it. I managed to get my first Zorua on there, and a few actual legendaries with good deals for them. I check sometimes to see if I can find any Legendaries around, but alas, trolls with their Lv. 9 and below Pokemon deals.

I used the GTS Negotiations a few times. It seems that everyone wants either starters or legendaries. It's were I got my Zorua, Blastoise, Bulbasaur, and a Pignite.

I hate using it because of the idiots asking for level 9 and under zekroms and the incompetent Game Freak refusing to put a stop to the ability to ask for impossible pokemon.

I use the GTS, both the regular one and GTS negotiations. Some people will offer doable trades and their offered Pokémon will be holding a Master Ball. I've gotten more than one that way. I also use the GTS in an attempt to retrieve a Chandelure I traded away many months ago, purely by accident.

I also like to do Egg trades on GTS negotiations. I have a box in which I keep leftover Eggs from my various breeding projects, and I will offer them on GTS negotiations. Nine times out of ten, the other guy offers an Egg in return, and I make the trade. It's always so interesting, you never know what you'll get out of that. I've gotten, among other things, a Tirtouga and a Staryu in this way, both of which I wound up including in my in-game team rotation. One time, I remember I was partnered with some obvious rookie trainer who had fewer than ten Pokémon total and kept offering low-level, early-game stuff like Patrat and Blitzle. I was nice, I traded a lot of things to that person, including several very high-leveled Pokémon, some really good quality level 1s I had left over from various breeding projects, and at least one Egg.

And I like to think of the GTS as a garbage dump in an extremely rich neighborhood. Sure, you gotta dig through a few layers of crap, but sooner or later, you're gonna uncover a real gem. I once traded a DW Eevee for what seemed to be an ordinary Japanese Zorua. The Zorua turned out to have a Naive nature, Special Attack and Speed IVs of 31, and four of its Egg moves, including Extrasensory and Dark Pulse. And then there was the Dream World Porygon with a Modest nature and 31 IVs across the board. Cost me a Latios. I don't know what compelled me to take that chance, but damn it, I'm glad I did.

Of course, there's also the negative qualities of the GTS. Specifically, the jerks who use GTS negotiations as a means of showing off their Shinies and frowny-face everything you offer them. But even they're not as bad as the idiot hackers who expect you to orgasm at the sight of their blatant, obvious, and really, really bad hacks. Level 3 Mewtwo? Shiny Chimchar in a Dream ball? I don't think so. I see one of those, I scroll over to my Unown box, use my Unown collection to spell out "SCREW YOU HACKER", spam the frowny face, and disconnect on their sorry asses.

EDIT: Just now, I got off GTS negotiations. I traded with someone who gave me a level 100 Darmanitan. I figured at first that it was just someone's in-game Darmanitan, probably with a crap nature and messed-up EVs, but I figured it would make for good trade fodder. Turns out to be Adamant natured, and its Attack stat was 416. Now it had my attention. I made the trade and examined the Darmanitan. Flawless Attack, Defense, and Speed IVs, and its moveset and EVs followed those of the Choice Scarf set for Darmanitan on Smogon to the letter, right down to the extra EVs in Special Defense.

Last edited:
I use the GTS, both the regular one and GTS negotiations. Some people will offer doable trades and their offered Pokémon will be holding a Master Ball. I've gotten more than one that way. I also use the GTS in an attempt to retrieve a Chandelure I traded away many months ago, purely by accident.
This. I've gotten quite a few Master Balls and other helpful items thanks to the GTS. I was able to score a Power Bracer through a Sawk trade, which really helped my shiny Golett Masuda run.
And I like to think of the GTS as a garbage dump in an extremely rich neighborhood. Sure, you gotta dig through a few layers of crap, but sooner or later, you're gonna uncover a real gem. I once traded a DW Eevee for what seemed to be an ordinary Japanese Zorua. The Zorua turned out to have a Naive nature, Special Attack and Speed IVs of 31, and four of its Egg moves, including Extrasensory and Dark Pulse. And then there was the Dream World Porygon with a Modest nature and 31 IVs across the board. Cost me a Latios. I don't know what compelled me to take that chance, but damn it, I'm glad I did.
I've done this as well. It blows my mind what people will toss onto the GTS and how I can make out like a bandit. I've gotten some wonderful little Goletts, some absolutely perfect, via the GTS. The trainers in question wanted Legendaries and got them, but the Legendaries I've sent off were of lower quality, stat wise.

Case in point: Someone offered a level 1 Golett and asked for a Celebi. Normally, I'd pass on that offer but something told me I wanted that little guy. Since I had a spare Celebi, off it went. I was so glad I made that trade, as the Golett was Adamant with four perfect stats. The Celebi was way less than stellar. Like I said, I made out like a bandit on that trade.
No. People put up shit offers.
They can. Believe me, they can. I'm dead sick of seeing a Golurk being "offered" for a level 9 and under Legendary. But if you keep looking, you can find something doable. You just have to be very persistent. It's how I've gotten my hands on so many shinies via the GTS.

I use it but not directly I tell my friend who has a lot of patience and a lot of luck on getting good trades, so I just tell him what pokemon I want and he'll do the rest.

I use it mainly to get foreign pokemon to do the masuda method or my favorite pokemon. I really wish there was some way to stop the demand for lv 9 and under legendaries and evolved pokemon. However I got a DW Mothim there and some starters from the GTS. So in my opinion the GTS isn't so bad.

I think I said this in a thread similar to this sometime back but I have no problem saying it till my fingers are numb: The GTS & GTS Negotiations are pretty much my go-to source for trades.

They get pretty annoying with the insane requests (GTS) and more how outright annoying players can get in Negotiations but if you dig through all that, are patient and can work the ratio of what would move out there faster in a trade (meeting people who are equally willing to bend helps loads) you can get some pretty great stuff. Unknown to your dex or foreign.

I barely use It. Because I get some hacked Pokemon, which I don't like at all. On top of that, people really like making unfair trades. Nintendo & Game Freak needs to improve the way the GTS works. Right now, people are exploiting with Hacks, impossible trades, unfair trades, etc: So It would be a good idea to make the GTS stricter.

I don't use it. Whenever I attempt to I feel a bit overwhelmed! I prefer to do things any other way than the annoying GTS!

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom