• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you use the GTS?

I use it for get RNGd legendaries(or maybe it might hacked)
With patience, I sometimes got high-IV legendaries.

I used it to get Tepig, as I already had Oshawott and my friend gave me a Snivy egg.

Aaaaaand I also use it to look for legendaries, or just the insane trade requests people ask for.

Almost never use it. Navigating through a sea of impossible trades and hacked pokemon got old really fast.

Nah, for 2 reasons:

1. Stated before, the impossible trades meant to make you annoyed.
2. I find it really risky. If you get a hacked pokemon, it's going to hurt your reputation more than helping it.

I did get a French Tympole for Breeding purposes... For the fair trade of a Pansear.

I used it so much, But it pissed me off when in the original GTS trainers would want level 1 legendaries,
Like wtf, that's near impossible.

I try to avoid using it. I saw a shiny Leafeon before, and they were asking for a female Leafeon, so I tried to do the trade because I had one, but it said "This Pokemon has already been traded to someone else". Grrr. Oh well, sometimes you find good stuff. I once found a level 58 Houndoom holding a Master Ball, and they wanted a Beedrill XD I obviously did that trade. But most of the time it's like "I'll give yu my lv. 3 Caterpie if yu give me a Mew. DERPPPP".....

Grrr... Got a hacked Hitmonchan with Tackle, Tail Whip, Helping Hand and Mach punch.

GTS is incredibly useful if you avoid looking for unrealistic trades. In general, I rarely trust shinies, Pokemon with incredibly good items like Master Balls and legendaries.

I usually go for starters and version exclusives. I always ask for just hatched Lv. 1 trades, unless impossible, to minimize fake Pokemon and for more control over moveset and stats.

I'll admit that I give away hacks when trading, but they're pretty harmless. oAo And I don't know about other hackers, but I only hack for impossible or stupid trades. Like today, someone was offering a Level 11 Venipede, that had a nickname. But they wanted a level 100 Reuniclus. When it's ridiculous like that, I hack. But fair trades, like a level 36 Carracosta for a level 30-and-up Archeops, that's fair. I don't hack them, I breed or clone. I don't consider cloning hacking.

Back when I had Wi-Fi for the DS, hardly. Most of the offers were terrible, mostly for Lv.100 pokemon or under leveled legendaries. I managed to get a few pokemon I like with it. I prefer to do online trades with people I -somewhat- know from the internet via friend code.

I absolutely HATE the GTS! Every time I want something I need to get the S.H.I.T. end of the stick. The only time I got a good deal was when I gave my Clink up. I put it in and asked for a Zorua, just for fun. Time passed, and I had completely forgotten I put it in there. Then I plug in, and HOLY F*CKING SH*T, IT WORKED!!!! Absolute hysteria ensued and I partied like a rockstar, admiring my new Japanese Zorua.

I consider it cheating if you get a pokemon that you have only seen but if you caught a rare poke like Druddigon and it was a female, it is fine. Or if you want a legendary that you gave to your friend it is very useful.

I used it quite a bit on Diamond back when I was the only one of my friends playing Pokemon. Once I got more people to trade with/a second DS, I just did that instead.

um...wat r u talking about bulbagarden gts, how does that work?
sorry im new here

edit: oh and yes i do use it, whenever they ask for crazy requests like level one impossibles, i use action replay to catch level ones and then trade them off, since they might not have action replay their games crash when they receive it and they either have to start over or buy a new game. Just call me a cold hearted person that enjoys other people's suffering, at least it'll teach them a lesson. Oh and for those of you that think you cant trade level one legendaries, yes you can, I tried it on my friend that did the same thing, asking for impossible trades. It was a coincidence but it does crash their game. I trade using this acion replay code that lets you trade whatever you want as long as it's the exact thing their asking for. I created the code myself. I don't use action replay super cheating like IVs and stuff like that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, I use it at times, if I don't really have the time to find someone on the forums to schedule a trade time with. Sometimes I can get lucky and find a Pokemon I'm looking for on there, and get a trade at a reasonable cost, or, more likely like I'd done so many times in the past, I put a Pokemon in there for a version exclusive, (like in HG when I put a version exclusive there for a Teddiursa since it was SS only) less common mons from other games that you can't find in the one you're playing (such as putting a Cyndaquil up there for an Aipom) or starters for starters. More times than not this does work out pretty quickly, so it's my go to method when I'm busy.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom