• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you use the GTS?

um...wat r u talking about bulbagarden gts, how does that work?
sorry im new here

edit: oh and yes i do use it, whenever they ask for crazy requests like level one impossibles, i use action replay to catch level ones and then trade them off, since they might not have action replay their games crash when they receive it and they either have to start over or buy a new game. Just call me a cold hearted person that enjoys other people's suffering, at least it'll teach them a lesson. Oh and for those of you that think you cant trade level one legendaries, yes you can, I tried it on my friend that did the same thing, asking for impossible trades. It was a coincidence but it does crash their game. I trade using this acion replay code that lets you trade whatever you want as long as it's the exact thing their asking for. I created the code myself. I don't use action replay super cheating like IVs and stuff like that.
If you go near the Video Game section, you see 2 other sections, Bulbagarden Battle Center and Bulbagarden Global Trade Station. You can use Munchlaxs cravings to request something, and Delibirds deals to offer something.

sorry im new here

edit: oh and yes i do use it, whenever they ask for crazy requests like level one impossibles, i use action replay to catch level ones and then trade them off, since they might not have action replay their games crash when they receive it and they either have to start over or buy a new game. Just call me a cold hearted person that enjoys other people's suffering, at least it'll teach them a lesson. Oh and for those of you that think you cant trade level one legendaries, yes you can, I tried it on my friend that did the same thing, asking for impossible trades. It was a coincidence but it does crash their game. I trade using this acion replay code that lets you trade whatever you want as long as it's the exact thing their asking for. I created the code myself. I don't use action replay super cheating like IVs and stuff like that.
If you go near the Video Game section, you see 2 other sections, Bulbagarden Battle Center and Bulbagarden Global Trade Station. You can use Munchlaxs cravings to request something, and Delibirds deals to offer something.
is that in game?

sorry im new here

is that in game?
No, it's on the forums.

I used it to get the version-exclusive Pokemon that I didn't have in White, and also certain Pokemon from older generations that I didn't want to get via Dream World, but it can take days sometimes, and some cheated Pokemon still get through, unfortunately...

I used it a lot in Pearl to get special Pokemon by trading off Starters. It's how I got the other 2 starters, my Ho-Oh, and other pokemon. But I haven't used it much since. I'll probably use it once I finish my new playthrough of white.

I think the GTS is only useful once you've completed the game and have access to pretty much any pokemon within the region and beyond. I came across many good doable offers on GTS Search, but because I was early in my game and haven't reached the places where I can get the said pokemon, I couldn't make the trade. Or maybe the person wants pokemon from earlier versions, but I haven't got that particular DW pokemon in my entree forest.

So I decided to test out the GTS to see if it works. Placed an electrike in there in exchange for a female zorua. Received a Japanese female zorua the next time I logged back in. Didn't quite expect anyone to take me up on my offer.

GTS is incredibly useful if you avoid looking for unrealistic trades. In general, I rarely trust shinies, Pokemon with incredibly good items like Master Balls and legendaries.
It really does depend on the Pokemon. Some shinies are hacked; I've gotten the occasional hacked shiny Golurk that was met at level 100 at Route 1 and in a Cherish Ball or the hacked shiny Golett that was caught in a Master Ball in Chargestone Cave. But others I've gotten seem pretty legit: I nailed a shiny Golurk from Chile that was hatched and had great stats. The Trainer wanted a female Hariyama in return. Once I traded and saw that Golurk's moveset, I seriously think it was bred for the Battle Subway and had outlived its usefulness. The fact that it was shiny was just sheer luck. It's the same with items. Some are probably legit, as I've gotten a Golett or Golurk in an Ultra Ball but they were holding a Master Ball. Now if it was caught in a Master Ball and holding one then yeah, it was probably hacked.

Shiny Legendaries, on the other hand, I really don't trust. Some of those just scream hack job and I do my best to avoid them.

I have been using the GTS to randomly trade eggs with people, it's very fun to just try your chances and see what you can get.

So far I've gotten a Zorua, Snivy, and Larvesta.

Yes I use it when I have access to an Internet connection which my DSi or 3DS is compatible with. I normally change the gender, levels or locations to find a fair offer for the Pokémon I'm searching for because most of the time the first offers I see are unreasonable.

The GTS is good, if you know to look past requests for "Reshiram/Zekrom Level 9 and under". Seriously, if their filtering system is so good that it blocks out Pokemon's default nicknames , why can't it block out impossible trade requests?

Only the deposit option. Usually, I just deposit a Pokemon I don't need and request something I either need for the Pokedex or breeding and then check it next day.

Not really for the same reason as a lot of people; digging through requests that are just plain stupid is not fun. I've always been kind of a do it myself guy. I want to catch em' all on my own. I only use it to get version exclusives, for which I offer my version equivalent in return to be fair.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom