• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you use the GTS?

1. ALL the trades that people have up that they are requesting impossible stuff for is for cloning so w/e, let people do their stuff.

2. There is a filter option that shows only trades that are requesting pokemon you currently have.

Anyways, I have found many reasonable trades on there and have even received a few really awesome pokemon. (highlight is someone giving me a 6iv shiny kyogre).

But, to also put it another way, I have gotten waaaaaay better stuff off of wonder trade. (countless 5iv foreign pokes.) So wonder trade lol.

I dont think it's always for cloning(does that even work in Gen 6?), I think it's more people doing it to show off/be funny but it's really annoying and its actually a problem because they are taking up space in the GTS that could be used for a real trade.

Unless they keep relisting it, their offers sink to the bottom. The newest offers are always first, so there's little point in ever going past the first page, and anyone's Pidgey↔Darkrai request won't be very intrusive all the way down there.

1. ALL the trades that people have up that they are requesting impossible stuff for is for cloning so w/e, let people do their stuff.

2. There is a filter option that shows only trades that are requesting pokemon you currently have.

Anyways, I have found many reasonable trades on there and have even received a few really awesome pokemon. (highlight is someone giving me a 6iv shiny kyogre).

But, to also put it another way, I have gotten waaaaaay better stuff off of wonder trade. (countless 5iv foreign pokes.) So wonder trade lol.

I dont think it's always for cloning(does that even work in Gen 6?), I think it's more people doing it to show off/be funny but it's really annoying and its actually a problem because they are taking up space in the GTS that could be used for a real trade.

No it's for cloning. There is a video on youtube on how to do it with the GTS. And they do the impossible trades so no one takes it while it's being cloned.

No it's for cloning. There is a video on youtube on how to do it with the GTS. And they do the impossible trades so no one takes it while it's being cloned.
I know of the glitch but that's only one reason why people do that, I have a hard time believing every single person that does this is cloning(I have seen A LOT of these impossible requests)

I dont like gts just because 99/100 pokemon are hacked. When someone has every pokemon shiny why would they even need to trade me?

Some people don't want shinies when instead they want other things, like 5IV pokemon, HA pokemon and Bank Pokemon. I'm a collector who would never let go of a shiny without good payment in exchange, but I know some people just don't have that same conviction.
Plus, the only hacked pokemon on the current GTS are bank pokemon.

So here's a general rule:
If it's a Kalos Pokemon: It's not a hack
If it's a non-Kalos pokemon at level 30 exactly: It's probably a FS pokemon so not hacked
If it's a non-Kalos level 1 pokemon: It's probably a breeding leftover, probably not hacked (but be warned the offerer may be lying about IVs and nature)
If it's a non-Kalos pokemon at any other level: It COULD be hacked, but is relatively unlikely.

Tonight I was lucky enough to get a handful of Scatterbugs off the GTS. One Continental and two River, in fact. One of 'em with Pokerus, even. Being very careful about that last one.
]
I dont like gts just because 99/100 pokemon are hacked.
Prove that.

...THe only meaning for "careful" I can see making sense is "spread it to everything and box it so I always have an infected one on hand".

Not the definition I'm using. ;)

Make no mistake -- I've spread it to plenty of Pokemon in my PC (mostly tradejunk), but not my A-team. I haven't even shown it to the Pokemon Center nurse.

I really have no clue why you wouldn't. You sound like a kid who's smuggled a pet into their bedroom without their parent's consent.

I'm using the GTS to get pokemons to fill the Kalos dex. I've been sending Larvestas (leftovers from breeding) to the GTS and so far, they've all been successful. It's pretty good to see the high demand for Larvestas.

Tonight I was lucky enough to get a handful of Scatterbugs off the GTS. One Continental and two River, in fact. One of 'em with Pokerus, even. Being very careful about that last one.
]
Prove that.

Almost every time im on the gts a person just flashes a shiny of every legendary and many many others along with a bunch of pokemon that are unobtainable at certain levels such as level 3 dragonites. Also when you see a manaphy that was caught on route 2 here is a tip, its hacked

]
Prove that.

Almost every time im on the gts a person just flashes a shiny of every legendary and many many others along with a bunch of pokemon that are unobtainable at certain levels such as level 3 dragonites. Also when you see a manaphy that was caught on route 2 here is a tip, its hacked

That sounds like a normal Link Trade, not GTS. You can't interact directly with people on the GTS.

Last edited:
Soulweaver's right, that's not even the GTS to begin with. With the GTS you search for a Pokemon and get a listing of potential trades (90% of which unfortunately want some kind of legendary in exchange, but that aside), and all you get to see of the Pokemon is its appearance (forme or shiny), nickname, gender/level, held item, and Kalos region marker.

Though now that you mention it, Pokemon that aren't obtainable at certain levels SHOULD be classified as illegal. Yes their moves/ability may be technically legal and Wi-Fi battles may use level scaling anyway, but seriously, aside from rare exceptions like Lv.25 Braviary/Mandibuzz (BW2) or Lv.35 Dragalge (Y, fishing w/ Super Rod) you obviously can't get them at that level anyway. (Though now that I've researched it I could probably make a killing with Lv.10 Johto Dittos....)

PS: Got Vivillon pattern #12 (Sun) this morning. Cost me a Scizor to get it, but that was from the GTS anyway so no big. I can trade for another.

Last edited:
Soulweaver's right, that's not even the GTS to begin with. With the GTS you search for a Pokemon and get a listing of potential trades (90% of which unfortunately want some kind of legendary in exchange, but that aside), and all you get to see of the Pokemon is its appearance (forme or shiny), nickname, gender/level, held item, and Kalos region marker.

Though now that you mention it, Pokemon that aren't obtainable at certain levels SHOULD be classified as illegal. Yes their moves/ability may be technically legal and Wi-Fi battles may use level scaling anyway, but seriously, aside from rare exceptions like Lv.25 Braviary/Mandibuzz (BW2) or Lv.35 Dragalge (Y, fishing w/ Super Rod) you obviously can't get them at that level anyway. (Though now that I've researched it I could probably make a killing with Lv.10 Johto Dittos....)

PS: Got Vivillon pattern #12 (Sun) this morning. Cost me a Scizor to get it, but that was from the GTS anyway so no big. I can trade for another.

I count gts negotiations with the regular gts. Idk if gen 6 still has that as I havent played my Y since ban is still delayed. But regardless there are some good deals to be had while many times you wont find anything. I did manage to get all my hoenn starters through the negotiations on black 2

I count gts negotiations with the regular gts. Idk if gen 6 still has that as I havent played my Y since ban is still delayed. But regardless there are some good deals to be had while many times you wont find anything. I did manage to get all my hoenn starters through the negotiations on black 2
Okay, time to clear things up.

- "GTS Negotiations" uses the exact same interface as other G5 Link Trades (minus voice chat) which you perform from the Union Room. It's basically just a way to connect with players not registered as friends, who just happen to be online at the same time you are. XY doesn't have GTS Negotiations because the PSS replaces its functionality. When you connect to the Internet you get a list of "Passerby" (random users), just click on one of them to request a trade/whatever.

- XY's trade interface is similar to G5's but more streamlined. Unfortunately you can only show one Pokemon before getting prompted to make it your final offer (and DO NOT be quick to do this, once you confirm the "Offer" button you can not back out of it) and they took out the smileys. So unless you have Voice Chat enabled (which is for Friends only), you have ZERO ability to communicate with the other player outside of showing Pokemon.

- XY's GTS interface is similar to the G4 and G5 GTS interfaces (seek/deposit based) but it is more streamlined and has some very valuable improvements: One is your search results aren't limited to a single page of 3/5/7 offers (you can scroll through the entire list, which may be hundreds of offers). Two, you have an option to ignore requests for "special Pokemon"(mascots like Xerneas/Yveltal, Dialga/Palkia, Mewtwo, Arceus, etc. It does not however exclude low-tier legendaries like Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres or the Latis). Three, once you have your search results you can filter it to "Pokemon the person wants: Pokemon I have" which immediately reduces the list down to show only trades you can actually DO.

(Tangent: Y THERE NO PATRATS ON THE GTS? I AM DISAPPOINT.)

Last edited:
Okay, time to clear things up.

- "GTS Negotiations" uses the exact same interface as other G5 Link Trades (minus voice chat) which you perform from the Union Room. It's basically just a way to connect with players not registered as friends, who just happen to be online at the same time you are. XY doesn't have GTS Negotiations because the PSS replaces its functionality. When you connect to the Internet you get a list of "Passerby" (random users), just click on one of them to request a trade/whatever.

- XY's trade interface is similar to G5's but more streamlined. Unfortunately you can only show one Pokemon before getting prompted to make it your final offer (and DO NOT be quick to do this, once you confirm the "Offer" button you can not back out of it) and they took out the smileys. So unless you have Voice Chat enabled (which is for Friends only), you have ZERO ability to communicate with the other player outside of showing Pokemon.

- XY's GTS interface is similar to the G4 and G5 GTS interfaces (seek/deposit based) but it is more streamlined and has some very valuable improvements: One is your search results aren't limited to a single page of 3/5/7 offers (you can scroll through the entire list, which may be hundreds of offers). Two, you have an option to ignore requests for "special Pokemon"(mascots like Xerneas/Yveltal, Dialga/Palkia, Mewtwo, Arceus, etc. It does not however exclude low-tier legendaries like Articuno/Zapdos/Moltres or the Latis). Three, once you have your search results you can filter it to "Pokemon the person wants: Pokemon I have" which immediately reduces the list down to show only trades you can actually DO.

(Tangent: Y THERE NO PATRATS ON THE GTS? I AM DISAPPOINT.)

Very cool changes. And it kind of stins they took out negotiations. I lied it because I could check out the pokemon's summary first and if something was fishy I could just decline the trade. But I just considered it when making my post because it is still within the gts but I guess not anymore lol. Thanks for the info

Very cool changes. And it kind of stins they took out negotiations. I lied it because I could check out the pokemon's summary first and if something was fishy I could just decline the trade. But I just considered it when making my post because it is still within the gts but I guess not anymore lol. Thanks for the info

I'll repeat it for clarity -- Negotiations was basically just a way to perform regular Link trades with people not on your Friends List (e.g. you could swap Eggs and ribboned Pokemon in Negotiations) and that functionality has been moved to the PSS.

Another point to clarify with XY trading: First you select a Pokemon from the PC box and "Show" it to the other player. After showing it you are immediately prompted with "Offer/Cancel", you can still back out at this point if you want to show something else. Once you click "Offer" your choice is finalized and you have to wait for the other person (there is nothing else you can do after that, so it's a good idea to wait about 10 seconds to see if the other person changes what they're showing you). When both players put one Pokemon on offer, THEN you are allowed to check the summary screen of their Pokemon (as with previous Gen link trades) and make the final decision to Trade or Cancel it.

Actually, I assume the negotiations still exist in XY as an obscure feature. A few times I've accidentally "flung" a Pokémon upwards instead of plain tapping on it and it was displayed in a special spot above the boxes; as all of my trades have been fixed ones, I haven't really had time to play around with that and verify if it's the same as in Gen V. (If you choose "Summary" after both parties have selected their Pokémon, I'd remember it shows a 6-slot grid, too.)

Actually, I assume the negotiations still exist in XY as an obscure feature. A few times I've accidentally "flung" a Pokémon upwards instead of plain tapping on it and it was displayed in a special spot above the boxes; as all of my trades have been fixed ones, I haven't really had time to play around with that and verify if it's the same as in Gen V. (If you choose "Summary" after both parties have selected their Pokémon, I'd remember it shows a 6-slot grid, too.)
You're thinking of Gen V. XY's trade system doesn't respond to clicking and dragging Pokemon onscreen.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom