• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you use the GTS?

Sometimes, only when i don't receive the pokemon I want on Wonder Trade.

That seems weird to me considering it's a Safari pokemon :/

Then again back when I was searching for bank mons Castform was very popular. I guess the trends change every so often.

Or maybe people simply wanted foreign Larvestas for breeding? Idk, but they were 'sold' like hotcakes :D

I'll use it from time to time to get pokemon I can't/don't feel like getting myself, but only by depositing. I always get what I want, but despite the fact that I put up almost perfect IV bred breeding leftovers, it frustrates me that I always get terribad "decent all around" or single perfect IV pokes in return. Its not necessarily bad, its just that breeding becomes more tedious the less perfect IVs a pokemon has.

I filled up my entire national pokedex with the gts! (except the unobtainables like mew...) and ive gotten so many items and shinies!

I've been using the GTS lately and usually get what I want pretty quickly if I use the deposit function. I was finally able to get a Xerneas, a Dialga and a Groudon for two Kyogre and a Rayquaza, and depositing Totodiles and asking for Scatterbugs earned me some pretty new Vivillons. Just frustrated that it can't be used to get event legendaries.

Now that Bank is out, I was hoping to trade a bunch of legendaries I have extras of for ones I don't have at all...but so many of them are blocked D: I have 3 each of the shiny legendary dogs from a distribution a few years ago, and when I saw something up for trade asking for a Suicune, it says something like "This pokemon is special! You can't trade that!" Tried depositing it, same thing happened. There goes my chances of ever getting a Darkrai :(

I have 2 Victinis, and I thought maybe the other event ones couldn't be traded because they were in a Cherish ball, but even though Victini is in an Ultra ball, it still can't be traded. I mean, it is technically an event pokemon, but still, ugh :(

Was able to trade a Ho-Oh for a Lugia and Latias for Latios, though, so it's not all bad. I never really tried to trade legendaries before on the GTS in any game, mostly want to do it because I've never been this close to completing my dex before. Hoping maybe I can trade one of these extra Kyurems for one of the Regis.

Now that Bank is out, I was hoping to trade a bunch of legendaries I have extras of for ones I don't have at all...but so many of them are blocked D: I have 3 each of the shiny legendary dogs from a distribution a few years ago, and when I saw something up for trade asking for a Suicune, it says something like "This pokemon is special! You can't trade that!" Tried depositing it, same thing happened. There goes my chances of ever getting a Darkrai :(
Probably because of an event status? (Cherish Ball, ribbon, etc.) ? You can search for the legendary beasts as is, so they're definitely depositable in general....

Probably because of an event status? (Cherish Ball, ribbon, etc.) ? You can search for the legendary beasts as is, so they're definitely depositable in general....

I can indeed confirm this since Suicune is the thing I trade the most of for my Living Pokedex. The "Special" ones would be either:
a) Purified Shadow Pokemon (they cannot be GTS'd)
b) Special Events

It sucks that you can ask for event legends but you can't give them even if you want to. Either let us GIVE our special pokemon away OR don't let us ask.

I'm starting to use it now so I can fill up my PokeDex and it seems to be working pretty good.

The Gen VI GTS can be frustrating but it is useable. Sure, it irritates me to no end that so many people are showing off their Legends by asking for an untradeable Mew but there are plenty of other deals out there. I've been able to get an Yveltal and a Zygarde thanks to the GTS, as well as a number of shinies. So yeah, still using it.

after banking a lot of past pokes, i was still short of lots of pre evos and first stage pokes for the regional dexes. since i have the day care busy breeding competitive pokes, i prefered not to breed to complete the dex so i thought "might as well try the GTS to get the missing pokes". of course this seemingly logical idea of mine was quickly dismissed when i learned that in order to get a spinarak, shellder, makuhita or other common pokes from the GTS i'd have to give up my legendary dogs, a mew, etc. seriously, who expects a mew for a damn shellder? it seems the only way to get a poke from the GTS is to deposit one yourself and ask for a reasonable trade. this way i traded like 15 litwicks for some dex fillers and got the oval charm.

Yes, I do use it from time to time, but I really, really find it annoying that mostly everyone on there either wants a legendary for a common pokemon or wants to show off their legendary pokemon a good majority of the time. It really, really gets on my nerves fast, and even with the filters working I either get the message that you don't have any pokemon that people want or everyone wants that untradeable event Celebi you have in your party, 90% of the time....90% of the time.:banghead::banghead::banghead:

I was just looking for a 5IV Ditto and was ready to give away almost anything for it. I found one offer for a Rayquaza and took it. Seems like the player was a liar. The Ditto had not ONE perfect IV. I'm pissed now.

Thanks to Wonder Trade and the GTS, I was able to complete the National 'Dex (complete except for the event legendaries, which is enough to earn one the Shiny Charm). I received an "extra" Yveltal on Wonder Trade, which I was able to put on GTS for a Suicune--and so on, and so on... Each legendary got traded for another non-event legendary very quickly (in the course of a single afternoon, actually). I didn't think I'd be able to get that far without the Transfer and Bank apps. GTS can be frustrating but there are still plenty of reasonable people asking for fair trades--and who also recognize fair trades when they come across one.

I was just looking for a 5IV Ditto and was ready to give away almost anything for it. I found one offer for a Rayquaza and took it. Seems like the player was a liar. The Ditto had not ONE perfect IV. I'm pissed now.

I've been burnt by some on the GTS as well. I thought I was trading for a hidden ability Pokemon that turned out to have only a standard ability. Giving the benefit of the doubt, though, once you set an outgoing message, it stays there until you change it. It's possible that the person I traded with had a hidden ability Pokemon but forgot to change the message when they put the standard ability one up.

Ive only been using the GTS for Vivillons. Im actually having luck getting some patterns. Got Sun yesterday and Monsoon a few days before. However it's still mostly Elegants -_-

I put a few of my own pattern (Polar) up for trade and I've gotten a few good ones in return! I put up a few extras I had of Monsoon, too. Sometimes I ask for Scatterbugs and evolve them myself, which is pretty hit or miss all the same.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom