• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you use the GTS?

GTS helped me complete a large part of the Pokedex before Pokebank. The only disadvantage is those spammers who want a Legendary for a Pokemon that is common.
I thought I was dealing with that last night, until I sussed out that the level 1 Gobit being offered for a Cresselia had its Hidden Ability. I noticed the text ノーガード and the ガ looked a bit like "ka"--I learned that character when my husband translated a nickname for me--with the hatch marks from ゴ (go). From there, my brain filled in the gaps and I took the chance: I traded.

Adamant Gobit with No Guard, 2IVs and relatively superior overall. Better than the above average Cresselia I sent out. Worth the trade in my eyes.

The only massive problem I have now is the fact that you cannot trade Deoxys, Mew, Darkrai, et al. on the GTS. There are a lot of shinies I could get if I could make those trades, not to mention some of the rare items those Pokemon are holding. But I can't do it so there they sit. =/

It's surprising how quickly a deposited Pokemon gets traded when I ask for a fairly easy-to-obtain one in return. Can be pretty nice if I need something but I don't want to go through the trouble of hunting it down in the tall grass. While the place is usually filled with ridiculous demands, I sometimes find a good deal when I browse the offers. Plus, there's a feature for filtering a good deal of the Legendary demands, besides the Beasts, Birds, etc.

I have starter pokemons that I don't need, and those that are around level 70 or 80. I'm getting plenty of Unown that way GTS because the demand for starters are still very high

And the hackjobs keep getting through. Looks like even the Kalos GTS can't stop them.

As my usual, I went checking the Golett listings and spotted a level 1 shiny. Asking price was a level 51-60 male Roselia. I made an offer and got the Roselia; the Golett I got in return was a complete hack. Bred in Unova, shiny, with its Hidden Ability and a completely illegal moveset. (Sorry, but a Golett does not hatch knowing DynamicPunch, Mega Punch or Magnitude. I should know: I've bred enough of them.) And before you ask, I will keep him. He's got 6IVs so he'll be great for breeding if I'm so inclined.

This floors me--this passed Bank and could be traded via GTS but I'm not allowed to trade a legal Mystery Mew? What is wrong with this picture?

I haven't had a need to use it since I used some mass-produced Legendary Dogs, Lugias and Ho-Ohs to quickly get my LiveDex done. Now I just breed what I want.

Sure, some would call me out for doing it that way but let's face it, people who ask for a Suicune in exchange for a Bidoof or Magby deserve it.

No, and as others have said it's ridiculous that people want Rayquazas & Mewtwos for things like Squirtles & Tepigs.....

I collected 25 Unown forms through the GTS. It's slow, but a pretty nice way to get the collection since Unown are not available in Kalos.

Well I'm about to use it in the next few weeks to trade off my 80+ Timid Ralts I bred to finish my Pokedex.

Now that the 6th generation actually made GTS at least somewhat pleasant to use with the improvements (mainly, the ability to turn off the legendary pokémon request and being able to search pokémon outside your Pokédex), yes, I use it quite much. I think filling up the National Dex would be actually possible with just use of GTS.

No, I do not use it.

The GTS, is and will always be, the bane of the Pokemon Videogames. I do not need to elaborate, because we all know its true.

I used the GTS to help complete a large portion of my Pokedex in XY. Trading was so easy in that I could initiate it from anywhere and trade anything in my box. In comparison, I didn't use the GTS much in previous gens, besides for use of the fake GTS on Pokecheck.

I threw up a shiny Ledyba in the GTS the other day, asking for a Noibat. I honestly didn't think anyone would take it, as who actually uses Ledyba, but I didn't have anything better to offer. I come back 20 minutes later to discover a female French Noibat, level 1, coming at me from someone in Mexico. I was honestly surprised -- I guess someone wanted it for a shiny collection or something, lol.

Now she's a happy Noivern. <3

I use it a lot more now as it has lots of lovely filters and such. But I really only put things up to offer, why the nether should I trade off a legendary beast for a Purugly or a Jolteon? I personally don't care if hacks are getting through as long as they're safe to have and use because hey, a Pokemon's a Pokemon regardless of how it was created. The GTS has given me less hacked/cloned Pokemon then normal trading as I got a shiny gen 3 Mew which was probably gamesharked but darn am I keeping it regardless! So pretty....
But the GTS really helped me collect a lot of the Vivilion patterns so that's cool!

Good for quick trades & saving time completing pokedex (bred about 1/3 of the pokemon you can only obtain from eggs and traded them via GTS to get other involutions)

I used it to help fill my Pokedex, I personally didn't think my breeding leftovers would have been a great help obtaining dex entries but I was definitely wrong there. :D

When I finish the game I intend to use it for collecting Shinys and Vivillon patterns. Already have all 28 Unowns from HGSS

No, and as others have said it's ridiculous that people want Rayquazas & Mewtwos for things like Squirtles & Tepigs.....
Some of those offers are total junk, especially the ones that say "PLZ HELP I'M ONLY 10" or "Trade now!" or "Give me it!" Yeah, unless it's shiny or has its HA, you're not getting the trade. Even then, you have to careful. Hacks still lurk on the GTS, even in Kalos.

Which leads me to a point: sometimes those trades are worth it. Just got a level 15 Lonely No Guard Golett who is perfect in Attack for a spare Entei. No said Golett wasn't shiny but I was licking the wounds of losing out on a shiny Golurk. Now, I know what you're going to say: But a Legendary?! Um yeah, said Legend is from LeafGreen. It has across the board zeros for IVs. With at least one perfect IV, the Golett can be useful. That Entei is little more than trade fodder or a Dex filler. I hate to say it, but I think I got the better end of the deal with that one.

Guys, look up Caterpie on the GTS. There are like a million requests for Alakazam on there.

I personally don't care if hacks are getting through as long as they're safe to have and use because hey, a Pokemon's a Pokemon regardless of how it was created.
...So beautiful...
*tears up*
*hugs Mewtwo*

The GTS has been pretty handy for me but they seriously need to block impossible requests - requesting Xerneas for your Pidgey is fine (annoying, but I can handle it), but Darkrai? Even if I wanted to take you up on that I couldn't!

Recently started using it after someone was kind enough to send me a Totodile. I hatched another one right away which was swapped for Cyndaquil, and another Cyndaquil was then hatched to be swapped for Chikorita. Currently levelling all three Johto starters which I never thought I'd be doing!

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom