• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you use the GTS?

Yeah I use it. The way I look at it it makes a bit easier to get pokemon that aren't in X and Y and it can also be usefull for getting event legendaries. Speaking of which does anyone know what kind of non legendary pokemon I should put on GTS that would make easier for me to get said legendaries?

Yeah I use it. The way I look at it it makes a bit easier to get pokemon that aren't in X and Y and it can also be usefull for getting event legendaries. Speaking of which does anyone know what kind of non legendary pokemon I should put on GTS that would make easier for me to get said legendaries?
It's kinda difficult to trade a non-legendary for a legendary... but maybe a shiny could get you one?

It's kinda difficult to trade a non-legendary for a legendary... but maybe a shiny could get you one?

That's what I thought. I'll figure something out either way.

I try to use it, but it's really outrageous as everyone asks a legendary even for their bidoof. I have to hunt and hope that I can lose the deal on the proper trades.

Btw, the GTS doesn't allow event legendaries (atleast some of them), so asking for Celebi and Darkrai is pointless.

That's what I thought. I'll figure something out either way.

I managed to get a Zapdos the other day by putting my 5Iv Timid Sceptile for trade. Been working on an Atk one since Sp Atk Sceptile backfired for me.
Maybe I can get more out of evolved starters because I got a whole box of 5Iv Jolly Chimchar's with wrong spreads just sitting there taking space.

I don't use the GTS that much anymore, maybe once every month or so, before it would be once or twice a week. Since March, with my completed Pokedex I rare use it, before I would use it to get the Pokemon I couldn't catch in XY.

The last thing I remember putting on the GTS was my shiny Luxio wanted a female Furret, I was too lazy to catch one, wan't going to use that shiny (so left it someone who would give it a good home, that's what I hope)

I don't search for Pokemon - everyone keeps asking for legendaries, someone above me mentioned, even for Pokemon that don't really need legendary for trades - many times is for their shiny version.

I love the gts after today. I was working on my dex and realized i had almost no legends. So i threw a shiny jigglypufff i was never going to use on their and requested rayquaza. Rayquaza turned into dialga, dialga to palkia, so on and so on, and i now have all the legends.(i got a friend to touch trade some but still)

On occasion, mainly to get more IDs or get those items based on the number of trades you have. I haven't played a main series game since I started posting though, so I think I'll be using the Bulbagarden GTS from now on though.

I wasn't aware there was some sort of glitch before. Did it show the wrong picture in Gen V if a Pokemon had the name of a different species?
Basically, if you named a Pokemon Zekrom and asked for a Zekrom, the GTS would display a picture of Zekrom, even if it was something like a Ditto. This was rampant back during Gen V and I own a remnant of that foolishness on my copy of White 2: a level 45 Golurk that was a level 1 Golett named ゼクロム (Zekrom). The trainer couldn't pull the trick correctly and offered the poor creature up for a starter instead and I took it. Looks as though we won't have to deal with that anymore though. And I am not complaining about it.
Okay, let's take a look in the Vivillon section and see what happens and...

This one's named OPTIMUSPRIME?
I'm sorry, but who the slag names a Vivillon after the leader of the Autobots?! If anyone deserves that name, it should be a slagging Golurk! :banghead:
I came back to the GTS to help reach the 100 mil, and I decided to kill two birds with one stone by collecting Vivillon forms. I've been able to build up a decent collection, but I've been having trouble collecting a couple of the rarer forms (Sandstorm, Monsoon, Ocean, Tundra) because there's too few of them and whatever gets put on the GTS either requests something ridiculous or gets snatched up almost instantly and gets traded before I can get to it. Which leads me to wonder, who exactly thought it was a good idea to make certain Vivillon forms exclusive to regions where Pokemon isn't popular?
That had to be one of the worst ideas that GF came up with.

I was able to complete my current pattern collection, but dear Primus...! To finally get the Sandstorm pattern, I had to cough up a Latios to someone in Georgia offering a Scatterbug that they claimed was the correct pattern and pray that they weren't lying. Thankfully, he wasn't and I got the last Vivillon I needed but still! Not everyone has a Legend to trade in order to get these things!

Granted, with a little research you can figure out where the Sandstorm pattern originates, send your Pokemon over to Bank, have a friend hold on to your items, wipe your game, reset the region on you 3DS and go nuts on a new game file but who really wants to do all that?! Even worse? The common patterns are being offered for insane trades--who would trade a Latias for a Modern Vivillon?!

I love the GTS, it has been good to me but sometimes the place really makes me want to cry.

Okay, let's take a look in the Vivillon section and see what happens and...

This one's named OPTIMUSPRIME?
I'm sorry, but who the slag names a Vivillon after the leader of the Autobots?! If anyone deserves that name, it should be a slagging Golurk! :banghead:

It might have been a Modern pattern, at least? I forget, it's been a while, but I'll pretend it was to make myself feel better.

I use the GTS, mainly for Vivillon because I want to collect them all, but it really is some trouble getting some of them. I have an almost complete collection, all I need is Sun, Savanna, Ocean, Snow, and one other pattern to complete the collection, but no avail.

I honestly don't know what else I want to get from the GTS as besides the absurd amount of quick trades of patterns i want, there is so much demand for legendary Pokemon. You want a Totodile? Give me a Legendary.

I guess it has to do how new I am am to trading in general.

I'm guilty of using it like crazy when Bank came out and sending in a couple Cyndaquils and Totodiles in return for mons like Groudon and Kyurem lmfao.

I love the gts after today. I was working on my dex and realized i had almost no legends. So i threw a shiny jigglypufff i was never going to use on their and requested rayquaza. Rayquaza turned into dialga, dialga to palkia, so on and so on, and i now have all the legends.(i got a friend to touch trade some but still)

I also did trade-chaining with Shinnoh Legendaries! Started out with Zapdos, then Diaga, Palkia, Giratina, Cresselia, Darkrai, and then a Celebi. :D

I completed my Vivillon collection using the GTS.. now, I'll try the same for the Unown. Wich may be even harder, since people couldn't (or at least, didn't use to) ask for legends and events in exchange for common pokemon back then.

I used the GTS to collect all the Vivillon patterns besides the event ones. I got the rare patterns by trading Scatterbugs, and I thought it was a lot easier than trying to trade for Vivillons. (Especially since I didn't want to trade legendaries for them.)

I only use it to get starters. I'll grab one or two, breed them, stick the level ones on the GTS in exchange for an any-level of a certain other starter I don't have. Re-breed, re-trade. That way, not only do I get the starter I want, but I'm dealing with someone else of the same mindset. If they're nicknamed, I breed them again.

You get a lot of throw-aways this way. Undesirable natures or abilities, no/unwanted egg-moves. But at least the pokedex gets filed and I have a small army to trade to ORAS.

I see the GTS now as almost a diabolical mini-game based entirely on chance. If you're in the right place at the right time, you can get a shiny for almost nothing, like a normal thing you could find in the grass. Problem is, you need a lot of luck to find it quickly enough. Too often I try to trade and it says "This Pokemon has already been traded." Why is it even on display then?!

All the demand for legendary beasts and the Eon duo do give me a reason to replay older games, at least. I get a blast from the past while collecting trade fodder.

Too often I try to trade and it says "This Pokemon has already been traded." Why is it even on display then?!

It's probably because the Pokemon is being traded faster than the server can refresh the list.

Lists are displayed from newest-deposited first (I think). And it's already a lot better at refreshing the list (or at least removing completed trades from it) than G5 was.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom