• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you use X items?

Do you use X items?

• Total voters

Peachy

Disappointment
Reaction score
I don't. I usually sell them all at the Pokemon League to buy Max Revives and such.

Also, if there is already a thread like this feel free to close this.

Heck no, they bring no use to your Pokemon's benefits once you outlevel your opponents.

I never use them. I sell them whenever I get one. Seriously, the turn you use the X item you could just use something like swords dance instead.

No X') They're so useless... I only sell them for a few extra money.

I only used them once on my Excadrill while I was facing Cynthia in Black to increase its speed because it was underleveled... otherwise no.

I won a battle thanks to them.

Basically I was poison-stalling Bugsy's Scyther with a low-level Chikorita. It got to one turn to live, but Reflect wore off and Chikorita wouldn't survive the next Fury Cutter without it.
So I used an X-Defense and it actually worked.

Now I always carry them and try to do unusual set-ups.

Nope. I normally just sell them.

I did use them once though, when I was battling Wattson in my Normal monotype Ruby run. I used X Attack on my Loudred to make it easier to take down his Magneton.

Yes, I always buy a lot, especially for unusual challenges or runs. You never know when you might badly need a boost to one of your stats, and they can quickly turn a bad situation for your team into a full enemy team sweep.

Very rarely. I have never really found them useful so I tend not to use them and toss them.

I guess the Wonder Launcher should be mentioned here, too.

Reason being the upgrades to the X items there, which are far more useful in battle and allow for plenty of strategies. In particular things like X Special 3 are very useful, given the lack of distribution of moves to sharply (or drastically, which only two pokemon can) raise that stat. This gives a new edge to special sweepers they didn't have before.

Of course, this is a battling system with Max Revives and Full Restores, but these upgrades absolutely makes the X items more attractive.

I always wondered though if they would've done better in-game if they had the second upgrade, where they'd sharply raise stats instead... but that would've made them too broken. (And given they aren't really needed in-game much, pointless) So if anything they'd have been find-only items.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom