• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you want Brock/Takeshi to stay or leave?

Should Brock stay or go?

• Total voters
Reaction score
I've seen a couple posts in some threads talking about this, so I wanted to make a poll and see what are peoples' opinions on this matter.

As for me? I'd rather have him leave, he's become stale, he's no longer necessary as Satoshi is more experienced himself. And frankly, even his pokemon are more interesting than him at this point in time. So yeah, hopefully this season will be his last.

Please, try not to start a flame war. And of course, don't go off-topic.

Even though Brock has utterly fantastic Pokemon this gen, and easily the best team he ever had, the character himself has overstayed his welcome by about two generations.

We're going to still be seeing him for at least another 2 years because D/P won't be ending before then, but I do wonder what will happen after that.

I know its early as hell to be speculating about Gen 5, but let's shake up the formula a little bit, shall we?

If he went off with Honoka, that'd be great. Maybe become a Circus Peforming Group.

I will agree Brock has little purpose other than to cook for everyone. As I stated in another thread, though, I do believe after the Tracey fiasco, they are reluctant to abandon Brock at any rate.

I still think Brock is a very likable character. Even after all these years, I still laugh at his girl chasing ways and Croagunk has made it even better. Brock has shown he can be a great battler too.

If he had to leave though, I guess it would be cool to replace him with Honoka or Kouhei. Personally, I'd like to see the four man group of Ash, Dawn, Brock amd Honoka travel the rest of Sinnoh.

If Brock left, I'd want it to be for Kouhei or the return of Misty.

Or Anabel. But you all knew I'd say that.

Yeah, Brock may be stale but he really isn't a character I can see someone hating.

But I know he won't leave mid-region.

I still think Brock is a very likable character. Even after all these years, I still laugh at his girl chasing ways and Croagunk has made it even better. Brock has shown he can be a great battler too.

If he had to leave though, I guess it would be cool to replace him with Honoka or Kouhei. Personally, I'd like to see the four man group of Ash, Dawn, Brock amd Honoka travel the rest of Sinnoh.
Yeah...

But I object to the Honoka part. If Brock were to leave, it'd be to chase Honoka.

I'm still a Brock fan. I know that the writers have treated him horribly for a long time, but he still has potential to have an increased role in the series. I'd like to see him stay and have the writers clean up their act when it comes to how prevalent he is.

I definitly say leave. He was ok back in season 1, but it seems that his *sole* purpose, post-Indigo, is just to protect against another fan backlash; he rarely does anything other than feed the twerps and hit on girls, he has no life apart from following Ash around. I was actually thinking a while ago that THAT might be a pretty interesting direction to take his character (for some reason or another, maybe cause of Ivy ^^, he's "running away" from living his own life, and is instead living vicariously through Ash's achievments) but I doubt the writers have thought that deeply into his motivations -_-. He's still here because the writers are too afraid to replace him.

Brock leaving doesn't imply a Misty return, just fyi.

The writers would never have Ash travel with just two girls.

The show would be too female oriented that way, which is why they probably don't do it. With Dawn already getting a tremendous amount of spotlight, not to mention Jessie and Zoey, the writers probably feel the female side is well represented.

I can't see Tracey coming back either, since he simply doesn't have the fanbase the other main characters have, so it would definitely be some new male character that replaces him. If that ever happens though is up in the air...meh.

He should leave as he really doesn't have much of a purpose other than feed group, chase girls and provide wisdom (Which I think is now stale). Many of these roles can be done by other characters. For example: Ash or Dawn should cook (If Dawn can make poffins, why not a meal), chasing girls is a comedy tactic, something that any other character can do as long as it is something that doesn't grow stale and wisdom can be provided by the Pokedex (Other than Pokemon info, it should be able to tell other stuff since Paul used it to check moves). As for a replacement, I don't think need one or they can reverse Ash and Dawn's roles to be a mentor to another trainer. But I'm not sure how that would turn out.

yeah. The cooking thing doesn't even make much sense anymore. After years and years of traveling around, shouldn't Ash have picked up some general cooking skills at some point? He started out to Hoenn all on his own, with no knowledge of who would be traveling with him, yet he was still almost completely helpless in the food department; you'd think he'd have been prepared, considering that he had no idea that Brock would be returning. And the twerps apparent helplessness in matters of food during AG 4 also doesn't make sense when you consider that Ash and Misty managed to survive for all of the Orange Islands without Brock (Did Tracey cook most of the meals off screen? or were the towns just close enough together that they could eat out all the time?).

I preferred May to stay over him in the first place. Paul can be the new one to fallow ash. It'd probably end the series in a week because they'd kill each other... maybe that's not the best idea...

Obviously he should leave
Also stop saying stupid things about Tracey
When Tracey's first episode aired I'm sure that they already started Johto so there was no way for them to decide what to do with Tracey by the fans (not to mention how they never really do things like that by what the fans want)
And Tracey was introducted with his goal to meet Oak so they probably planned for him from the beginning to stay with Oak

And they can have two girls
Stop inventing stupid things X_X
All the fan invented rules are stupid and not correct (no one will get an electric type!!!11)

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom