• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you want the games available for PC format??

PC format - yes or no?

• YES!! PC would be awesome!

Votes: 25 25.8%
  • No - they're best with consoles

Votes: 55 56.7%
  • Other

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • [s]there are emulators[/s]

Votes: 12 12.4%

• Total voters
Reaction score
Anyone who played pokemon would've had to use consoles - Gameboy, GameboyColor, GameboyAdvance, NintendoDS, Wii, etc etc.

Consoles are relatively expensive and I've seen a lot of people 'borrow' consoles. But everyone would probably have a PC - whether it be their own, or their family's.

Would it be better if pokemon games were available on PC format? Mac, whatever?

I don't really know about that. It would become easier to play, but lose it's portability.

I'd certainly like to see it happen. Really don't want to have to buy a new handheld just to keep up with the one franchise.

No, something about that idea just seems wrong to me. Nintendo isn't gonna make games for PCs because they don't make PCs. That's just business. With all the various functions of consoles these days, buying a Wii or 3DS is worth it in the end.

If your family has only one computer mostly used for business functions, you aren't likely to have much time to play it. It just seems like a better idea to have a console that's specifically meant to be used for gaming only.

I'd certainly like to see it happen. Really don't want to have to buy a new handheld just to keep up with the one franchise.

Every franchise jumps to a new console sooner or later. When it happens, everyone is forced to decide whether their interest in the games in worth spending the money on the next big thing. That's been the way gaming has worked for many years and I don't see it changing anytime soon.

Besides, for Pokemon, D/P came out in 2007 if I remember right. B2/W2 are still for the DS in 2012. Having to upgrade to the next console isn't a frequent issue.

Last edited:
Having to update at all is enough of a problem for me. The only reason I get Nintendo handhelds is for the Pokemon games.

Having to update at all is enough of a problem for me. The only reason I get Nintendo handhelds is for the Pokemon games.

Then that is a personal issue, not something that Nintendo is going to address. Eventually, updating will become mandatory as technology improves. PCs come and go just like consoles.

Though, I suggest you invest in more than just Pokemon games. The Mario games are pretty much sure to be fun as they always are!

... and you thought hax were a problem now.

Still... Pokemon with a cloud-based save feature so you could play across multiple platforms would be pretty sweet.

Don't call me sourpuss but I would never like to see them on PC. Even though they already are, putting them out officially would lead to illegal downloads, more hacks ad I always liked them portable.

Didn't there use to be Pokemon PC games? Like, what were they called again, Poke-ROMS? I'd like to see those make a comeback.

No. One thing GameFreak has always wanted to focus on with the Pokémon main series is its portability; which is why in Official Nintendo Magazine, Junichi Masuda rejected the idea of even having a main series RPG on the Wii.

Well... if they ever made a Pokemon MMO, I can't imagine it being on anything but PC. But the main series should definitely stay on portables for the time being.

Regardless of the actual chance of it happening, I'd love the main games (and the spinoffs) to be on the PC as I don't buy many Nintendo-exclusive games and I'd also prefer not to be stuck with Nintendo-quality graphics.

Regardless of the actual chance of it happening, I'd love the main games (and the spinoffs) to be on the PC as I don't buy many Nintendo-exclusive games and I'd also prefer not to be stuck with Nintendo-quality graphics.

Nintendo has never focused on the quality of their graphics. They're more concerned with making a game fun and enjoyable. Graphics may not be the best, the games tend to be the funnest.

Nintendo has never focused on the quality of their graphics. They're more concerned with making a game fun and enjoyable. Graphics may not be the best, the games tend to be the funnest.

In my opinion a game can be both enjoyable and look good. There's no need to sacrifice one for the other.
The main games on the PC would also benefit from better quality sound.

I think there's something about pokemon that just loses it's impact on pc. There's something about playing on a handheld that's just more fun, that said, I think a new Pokemon Stadium-esque game is overdue.

No. I love the accessibility of the Pokemon games and consoles in general, I would hate being unable to play the newest Pokemon game because my useless PC doesn't have the correct specs.

I'd be excited if they announced such a game,but I'd also be disappointed since GF wouldn't want to use the graphic possibilities of the most powerful platform.

Still it would be a good game,but we're more likely to see it on Wii U.

In my opinion a game can be both enjoyable and look good. There's no need to sacrifice one for the other.
The main games on the PC would also benefit from better quality sound.

It's not like Nintendo's graphics are horrible. They just aren't the "super graphics" of the X-box 360 or Playstation 3 that everyone seems to love. As long as a game is fun, I'll play it, but I'd hate to pay for a game with wonderful graphics but the game itself is difficult. Nintendo's games are rather simple when it comes to gameplay. And as far as sound goes for Pokemon, it's fine the way it is. The music is done nicely for every game. If I'm not mistaken, many Nintendo games are praised for their music.

I think there's something about pokemon that just loses it's impact on pc. There's something about playing on a handheld that's just more fun, that said, I think a new Pokemon Stadium-esque game is overdue.

Agreed on everything!

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom