• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you want the games available for PC format??

PC format - yes or no?

• YES!! PC would be awesome!

Votes: 25 25.8%
  • No - they're best with consoles

Votes: 55 56.7%
  • Other

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • [s]there are emulators[/s]

Votes: 12 12.4%

• Total voters
I voted yes. PC monitors are big and it would be awesome to see Pokemon so much bigger than on the weenie screen on the consoles. Also, when a Pokemon game came out that was for a new Gen, you wouldn't have to buy a newer console to play it on.

They should definately have portable games but i'd love it if the next Stadium game would be on the PC.

It'd require a massive overhaul/expansion not to run out of end-game content, or get too linear. I wouldn't enjoy the current mainseries in front of a computer weren't it loaded with online features on the scale of today's mmorpgs, possibly with the bonus of a real-time 3D battle system (although the amount of pokémon to animate is reaching impossible).

I voted no, because there are already people playing Pocket Monsters on PC (emulators) and you can't trade or battle with them. If the PC version could be linked to the handheld game, then I guess it wouldn't matter, as long as there still is a version of the game for DS. I wouldn't play a Pokemon game on the PC. I don't even play the Dream World game often, since uploading and downloading takes such time and I always have bad connection. Isn't there a Pokemon game already for the PC, with Pikachuu in it?
DS emulators can't even trade with each other, because neither of two main ones support wi-fi (not even with a PC's wired Internet connection). As for your games question, there actually has been PC Pokemon games, as well as, surprisingly, Sega ones!
Pokémon games - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

List:
Pokemon Project Studio - not really a game, it's a craft app
Pokemon Play It - TCG sim
PokeROM - puzzle
Pokemon Masters Arena - minigame collection
Pokemon PC Master - not a game, it's a Japanese exclusive computer usage tutorial
Pokemon Team Turbo - Racing and minigame collection

The Sega games are all edutainment titles for the Pico.

In my opinion, there would be something deeply wrong about a main series Pokemon game on anything other than a Nintendo handheld.

It's simply the way it is supposed to be.

Pokemon will stay on the handhelds... Game Freak is owned by Nintendo and they are not going to let one of the big-3 (Mario, Pokemon, Legend of Zelda) be on another system

Rather for it to be on a console. I can't find a way to explain it but I rather for it to be with the console.

If I mean main-series game, Game Freak never make Pokémon games for PC because they prefer making games for Nintendo handhelds. But if I mean side-series games, the PC-formats never happen except if a video game manufacturer has "borrowed" Pokémon licensing. This is a licensing issues, and I never argue about that.

If there were to be games on PC< they shouldn't be games like there are on the GBA/DS. The games should be more of a stadium game

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom