• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you want them to have tournaments in the XY anime?

Just as long as they have the same quality of battling/intesity as the Hearthome City Tag Battle Tournament, then yes.

I agree, although I would like it if they didn't have unevolved starters hog all the glory like in hearthome. If that's how Ash is gonna rescue an abused fennekin, sure but don't make it into some ubermon please.

Ash rescuing a Fennekin? Let us hope that it does not go that far.

I think tournaments will return, though I hope they do it more within reason this time around. Tournaments unrelated to the Pokémon League have existed since Johto and are commonplace in Anime, especially those aimed at young children and boys, which Pokémon is. That isn't to say girls don't watch it, just from a logistics point the production team are targeting young children and boys as they are more impulsive and likely to be influenced through watching the animation. While I think Unova did overuse the concept of Tournaments, they were able to use them to reduce the number of pointless filler, though they could've removed one or two of them in order to give more episodes focusing upon Ash building rapport with the pokemon he had other than Tepig, Snivy, Oshawott, and Scraggy.

Call me weird but I had a lot of fun with the first tournament. See a lot of various characters and a the fact that I really could not tell who was going to win with Cilan beating Trip and no one fighting their rival I thought it was anyone's game. I also had fun with all the one on one battles.

With that said I was not a fan of the rest of them. It was the same thing over and over again. If they do many tournaments again then please make them more interesting.

But over all I would not be apposed to seeing them again.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom