• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you want to battle the professors?

Do you want to battle the professors?

• YEAH!! Show me what YOU can do!!

Votes: 48 82.8%
  • Naw - just gimmie da pokedex

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Don't care

Votes: 6 10.3%

• Total voters
Yes, of course. Why not? I think it would be interesting, with them knowing so much about Pokémon and all. I'd like Professor battles at certain checkpoints int the storyline, though. I don't want them to be random.

I would love to challenge Professor Oak, see what he's like in battle. I've always wondered if Blue's personality were influenced by Prof. Oak...

I think Professor Rowan and Prof. Elm would be pretty fun to challenge too.

There were apparent plans for Oak to be a trainer that could be battled in Red & Blue, but they were scrapped. His trainer data has all Pokemon that are around level 68.

So a lot of people want to battle Prof Oak XDD Which would mean pretty much everyone wants to battle the profs as well.

I would love to battle the Professors and would imagine that they would be one of the toughest challenges in the games because of their ever expanding already wide knowledge of Pokemon and the Pokemon world. I would most like to battle Professor Oak for obvious reasons, but I would probably enjoy battling all of them.

I really wish they didn't scrap the original idea of battling the Professor in the games.

I say, the more battles the better. The professors can offer a great challenge, and I assume you would get a reward for battling them.

I would love to have professor battles as part of the post-game. After going through and becoming league champion, visiting the professor has them challenge you to see how far you've come as a trainer.

I think it would be an epic battle, with the professors knowing loads about pokemon, maybe they would battle with their teams from when they were younger. that would be pretty cool.

I just don't care whether or not you battle them. It would be ok if you could see what teams they would use though.

Yeah, I would. Honestly, I'd say that by the end of the game we've more than earned the right to battle them.

Personally, battling the professors would be a nice challenge added to the game. I would love to see what kind of team the professors have. Oak, of course, has a scrapped team, but what about Elm? Rowan? Birch? Juniper?

I kinda wish they made a separate corner in the World Tournament for battling the professors XDD Shame they didn't do that, though.

That would definitely make the game more fun and interesting if you could :)

You could even battle your mom :p

No. Let professors be professors. They are not fighters, otherwise they would be League Champions (with the exception of Oak, who is elderly, and therefore retired as a trainer. All of the other professors are much younger than Oak, though now that I think about it Pryce in GS and Agatha in the RBY Elite Four are also elderly).
I think it was fitting in B2W2 that Bianca is Juniper's assistant. In BW she learned that she could be a trainer, but she is not as interested in battling Pokemon, and I picture that happening to the younger versions of the professors (with the exception of Oak, who is often referred to as being one of the best in his day).
Or, as they say, those who can, do. Those who cannot, teach. There's a reason they're in the lab while you're out catching and battling Pokemon, i.e. doing.

You know what I want to see? Blue becoming a professor after his defeat by Red and Gold. He set out to be the ultimate champion, and was defeated by his rival, and a younger Champion two years later. So, like his grandfather, he decides as he gets older that he would do better studying Pokemon.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom