• Hello all! The forum staff have introduced a new rule set. We've reduced the number of rules, made trick language easier to understand, and have hopefully simplified the rules to make understanding them easier. Please have a read over the new forum rules here.
  • Hey guys! Have you heard? We now have popup
    Yes, Popups!
    messages for your forum posts. Learn more about it here!
  • Hey everyone, if you hadn't heard, information about Sword and Shield has been leaking. Outside of the designated threads in our Current Events section, please keep all unrevealed Pokemon, names, or any other information in spoiler tags. This policy will be in effect until January 3rd. This is an exciting time for Pokémon fans, enjoy yourselves!
  • Recently, some of our fellow Pokémon fan sites have received legal requests to take down leaked Sword and Shield images. We have not received one of these requests yet, but we are taking some preemptive measures to stay on the safe side. We ask that from now until the games release (November 15th) that you do not post any new leaked images anywhere on the forums.

For more information, see this thread

Do you want to see Kanto in Gen V?

Kanto in V?

• Total voters
Reaction score
I've been curies about this... Kanto has been in every Gen besides Gen V. Personally I'm getting sick of Kanto... it's gotten so old. Maybe I'd like to see it in a Gen or 2... but not V because I think R/S will be the remake this Gen... but that's just me.

So do you want to see Kanto in this Gen?

初段黒帯空手家!
Reaction score
I do want to see Kanto in generation V but I think it would be hard to include it. Maybe it could be visited in the RS remakes after defeating the Elite Four like in Gold, Silver, Crystal, Heart Gold and Soul Silver but if that happens I think the levels of the trainers would be lower than in the original games. The Mewtwo event may show that Kanto will not be included because Mewtwo has previously only be available in Cerulean Cave.

Last edited:
Get those Devil Horns up
Reaction score
Yes, I want it to be in at least one gen v game. I'm hoping we'll just be able to re-visit it, no R/B/G remakes (again).

~Korrina fangirl~
Reaction score
I'm not sure, but all I can say is, some younger fans are probably going to question which genoration Pikachu is from afterawile. XD;

Of course, we can't forget that Kanto EXSISTS in geno 4 simply due to the fact that it was, indeed, a part of the orrigional johto games. and removing it wouldnt of solved anything.

Ahh...it is puzzling when you think about it. o_O; a genoration when kanto WONT re-apper? hmmn...

I wonder how they would fit it in though.

I guess, as Magmortar123 stated, a re-viset after the Hoenn Elite 4...might work.
;)

it might be a plesent suprise to SOME newer fans too (like ones who never got to play hg/ss). A nice pokemon history lesion, prehaps? :3

I guess I might end up voting yes...because it could fix up some geno 3 screw-ups. FR/LG weren't very good re-makes IMO, that, and, the Hoenn Elite 4 was also just too under-powered...This could fix a lot of stuff! Maybe we outta hope Nintendo see's this? XD'

Kanto's kinda the REAL heart and soul of all of pokemon (tho ya can't ditch johto)...for teh heck of it. I'm picking yes. xD;

Reaction score
I'm not sure, but all I can say is, some younger fans are probably going to question which genoration Pikachu is from afterawile. XD;

Of course, we can't forget that Kanto EXSISTS in geno 4 simply due to the fact that it was, indeed, a part of the orrigional johto games. and removing it wouldnt of solved anything.

Ahh...it is puzzling when you think about it. o_O; a genoration when kanto WONT re-apper? hmmn...

I wonder how they would fit it in though.

I guess, as Magmortar123 stated, a re-viset after the Hoenn Elite 4...might work.
;)

it might be a plesent suprise to SOME newer fans too (like ones who never got to play hg/ss). A nice pokemon history lesion, prehaps? :3
People who started Gen V will most likley get HG/SS maybe have a Yellow remake in Gen VI but let Hoenn shine instead of Kanto

~Korrina fangirl~
Reaction score
^ Your right...Hoenn really does need more attension, barely anyone seems to notice Blaziken or Swampert even exsist anymore.

I need to think outside the box a bit more. xD; Much sorries...

I think a side story with Dialgla/Palkia could work after winning the game, though. But Hoenn does need...*much* more spotlight, and anyways, Kanto does get enouth...*more than enouth really o_O;*

I loved Hoenn anyways. They could probably power up the elite 4 maybe after Rayquaza is caught too? ;) (for the re-makes yeah)

Again i should watch what i say. But the poster above me may be right...Hoenn needs more lovin'. :|

Its okay if others don't agree to this too though. But yeah..I pretty much started with Hoenn, in a way, it hurts a bit...*to end the post now with that*

*i guess nintendo calls all shots, though. hopefully they'll find a way that'll work out well and maybe be totally hoenn all the way!^^*

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
I don't want to see it at all. It wasn't a great region, and, to be honest, I wouldn't miss it if it never appears again. Maybe we'll get to visit the Sevii Islands in the Gen III remakes, which would (kinda) count as Kanto. That region gets too much notice, anyway - there are other regions that are much better, and Hoenn is definitely one of them.

On hold, not abandoned
Reaction score
No. There isn't much variation in Kanto or Johto. They're too bland compared to the new games' regions.

It's all ogre now.
Reaction score
No way. We've seen enough Kanto. Four generations is enough. It's time to abandon the basics.

CANT LET YOU DO THAT !!!
Reaction score
No.

I rather see Hoenn instead . We've seen enough of Kanto.

Reaction score
LOL, Kanto's been in what...10 games now?

Its time to give it a rest.

Sad Grass-Type
Reaction score
We don't have to include the region, but some minor Easter eggs that are throwbacks to Gen I and Gen II would be nice.

Reaction score
I agree I want to see Kanto have a rest and maybe appear in Gen VI a Yellow Remake or something... then have Sinnoh remakes in Gen VII

Reaction score
Only if kanto and johto appear in their own orginal game.B/W Kanto and jhoto has changed, a lot of the settlements have now grown larger

At last, Kalos
Reaction score
This thread will be moved to the Video Games section, as the topic it covers only applies to them. However, keep in mind that this thread is for discussion whether or not you would like to see KANTO in Gen V. Please take Hoenn remake discussions to the respective thread. Thank you.