• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Do you want to see Kanto in Gen V?

Kanto in V?

• Total voters
I'd want to see some hints of Kanto, but nothing more than that. While I love Kanto, I love Hoenn a little more and would much rather see Gen III recreated in all the 3D glory that Black and White have been created in.

Hell No.

Kanto has gotten more than enough attention, and its even got to have its own remakes... TWICE!! (If you count HG/SS Kanto)

Its time to move on, and no I don't want a remake of a remake next gen nor the gen after that. Let it go.

No, but not for the same reason as the others. I'm not sick of the region. Personally I could see it in every generation and never get sick of it. However, almost all of the fans ARE sick of it and therefore I think it should be given a rest this Gen and as some have suggested appear in Gen Vl only for a Yellow Remake (First i've heard of this idea and I think its pretty cool) and then we'll maybe see a sequel in Gen Vll.

No, but not for the same reason as the others. I'm not sick of the region. Personally I could see it in every generation and never get sick of it. However, almost all of the fans ARE sick of it and therefore I think it should be given a rest this Gen and as some have suggested appear in Gen Vl only for a Yellow Remake (First i've heard of this idea and I think its pretty cool) and then we'll maybe see a sequel in Gen Vll.

I'd prefer to see a d/P remake in Gen VII instead of Kano again... just let them do Yellow and stop for awhle

I'd prefer to see a d/P remake in Gen VII instead of Kano again... just let them do Yellow and stop for awhle

I don't really wanna see a Sinnoh remake right not, but Gen Vll is years away so I suppose at that point i'd be open to the idea. The thing is, I don't want the franchise to be caught in an endless loop of remakes.

I don't really wanna see a Sinnoh remake right not, but Gen Vll is years away so I suppose at that point i'd be open to the idea. The thing is, I don't want the franchise to be caught in an endless loop of remakes.

Gen VII will be almost 10 years away we have to finish out Gen V and VI maybe start remakes every 3 Gen's like Yellow 3DS for Gen VI and D/P remake on whatever system Gen VII is on (4DS?) and Maybe a B/W remake in VIII and a Crystal remake for IX?) idk though

Gen VII will be almost 10 years away we have to finish out Gen V and VI maybe start remakes every 3 Gen's like Yellow 3DS for Gen VI and D/P remake on whatever system Gen VII is on (4DS?) and Maybe a B/W remake in VIII and a Crystal remake for IX?) idk though

It could work I guess. And like you said that'll be almost a 10 year time difference. I just think there's a point where they have to stop the remakes. What happens after Sinnoh? Are they going to make a remake for Black and White then?

Kanto's been in every generation so far, and there's no reason to visit it again, or it'll just become boring.
So no.

Please, no more Kanto. I've seen enough of Kanto, and I would like to see other regions like Hoenn or brand new regions.

I just think there's a point where they have to stop the remakes. What happens after Sinnoh? Are they going to make a remake for Black and White then?

Amen to that. I don't hate Kanto or anything, but if they were to remake a remake I fear that I might, and I see absolutely no point in remaking Gen 4 nor the current Gen 5.

Please let the remakes stop at Hoenn when it eventually rolls around to it in a few years. If we must revisit regions then I say do it in the form of special pokemon events or something, no need to have the full blown region.

I don't see anything wrong with remakes and bringing back old regions. When Gen VI comes out with its glorious graphics, people are gonna want a DP remake, and that's only natural.

We don't need to visit them or anything.Then,they would make a re-re-re-re-re-revisit to Kanto ( are those enough re's? )

I don't see anything wrong with remakes and bringing back old regions. When Gen VI comes out with its glorious graphics, people are gonna want a DP remake, and that's only natural.

eh personally I woluld rather wait until Gen VII forD/P to be revisited I wouldn't mind seeing Kanto in Gen VI as a Yellow remake but Gen VI will be for the 3DS which D/Ps playable on

So... graphics are the only reason? Remakes happened before because they were either very necessary (FRLG) or to celebrate nostalgia (HGSS). The first few gens being what they were, its understandable that they be remade.

If its graphics thats the case then Nintendo will fall into a vicious cycle in regards to Pokemon games. In this day and age, it could be totally possible to import and download an old game with the right software, yet alone go through the entire process of remaking a whole new game just for graphical reasons.

If prettier graphics and better sounds is all the fandom cares about then why not just play newer pokemon games?

I don't give a flying fuck about whether or not we see Kanto again, as long as the game is good. If they manage to make a good game set in Kanto, then why not. I certainly wouldn't mind walking on familiar paths. I do doubt that this is possible in Kanto, however, so I think it would be best if they simply did something all new.

However, visiting Kanto just for the purpose of it being Kanto is just stupid, and it's not like it's the most interesting region ever.

^lmao.

I would like a remake of Kanto, personally. I never get sick of the region. However, like most have stated, there's no reason to revisit Kanto. I'm not hardcore yes or no, but if they can make a game of Kanto where it takes place after the events of Gen II & IV & have non-Kanto 'mons run wild, among other changes, I'd be all for it cuz it'd be different from the Kanto's we've played countless times.

^lmao.

I would like a remake of Kanto, personally. I never get sick of the region. However, like most have stated, there's no reason to revisit Kanto. I'm not hardcore yes or no, but if they can make a game of Kanto where it takes place after the events of Gen II & IV & have non-Kanto 'mons run wild, among other changes, I'd be all for it cuz it'd be different from the Kanto's we've played countless times.

I thought they could have Kanto set between Gen I and III or II or IV. Then we could see things like Cinnabar Volcano erupting and Blue becoming the gym leader and the roads between Kanto and Johto being created.

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom